What are the safety nozzles for?
No hard-abrasive nozzles for removing pterygia from the nail. The cutter helps lift the cuticle and remove the overgrown skin layer on the plate. It is not possible to remove the cuticle itself with a cutter without a dusting, since there are no elements on the nozzle that can pick up the keratinized skin and cut it.
When safe cutters are used, a combined manicure is performed. After nail grinding the cuticle is removed with pliers or manicure scissors.
Variety of shapes of cutters
Cutters assist in the following procedures:
- Removal of gel varnish from the nail;
- nail polishing;
- lateral rollers treatment;
- Cuticle removal;
- Foot regeneration;
- shaping the nail.
According to the shape of the nozzles are divided into types:
|Spherical||Used when hands are to be rid of excess skin. Thanks to its shape, it can easily cope with rough skin in hard-to-reach places|
|Cylindrical||Corrects nail shape. Thanks to the narrower portion of the head, it is possible to form the nails, ensuring that all nails are the same length and width|
|Fissure||Applicable when the lateral shafts need to be refined. A smooth, flake-free skin surface is achieved because the cutter adapts to the relief of the epidermis|
|Needle-shaped||Facilitates work on cuticles. It is a cylindrical burr for precise and accurate work on all parts|
Classification of cutters by function
The nozzles differ in size, on which their functionality and application depend:
- The large ones work on rough and wide areas of skin;
- Medium. in the areas around the nails;
- The miniature jigsaws are perfect for those with brittle nails or sensitive skin.
Lifting the cuticle
This is the first stage of the job, for which the rounded or slightly blunt nozzle is the best choice. Experienced craftsmen recommend a cone (can be truncated) and a cylinder as ideal shapes for the function.
Opening of the cuticle
To open and lift it, the fissure diamond nozzle, which has a rounded end, is suitable. The bullet, lentil and flame attachments are also useful.
This is best performed with the ball-head nozzle. To use it, the cuticle is first opened. This will cause the cutter to go under it and come out on top, and with a little pressure, the cuticle will be cut.
All movements must always run from the inside out, but it is important to note that it is by no means necessary to rub in one place for too long: this will lead to a wound or an unpleasant burning sensation. When the diamond ball is finished, it is the turn of the corundum ball to grind not only the cuticle, but also the lateral rollers.
Sometimes the cuticle is removed with a diamond-cutting nozzle that has a rounded end.
For the removal of gel nail polish
The best use in this case is a ceramic nozzle, which has a blue mark or a carbide with a red mark. The shape does not matter, the main thing is that the master is comfortable to use. Choosing the right tool will make the hardware gel nail removal process reliable and efficient.
5 Ways To Cut Tile. Everything You Need To Know For Your First Tile Project
To shape the nails
For this purpose, it is best to use a ceramic cutter that has a truncated cone shape. It is important to select the degree of grit.
For polishing and buffing nails
Special cone-shaped polishing pads are used in the process. Made of cotton, felt and silicone. Due to their soft texture they allow you to polish the nail surface to a shine.
Silicone nozzles are considered the toughest and are usually used until the surface is completely abraded. They are easy to sterilize. It is impossible to polish a nail with the same nozzle: masters line them up according to hardness: from hardest to softest. Polymer coating makes the nail glossy.
Classification by hardness and color
Types of manicure cutters usually do not have a certain color: it is insignificant unlike the ring, which is located at the base of the nozzle. it is always painted in a certain color and indicates the degree of hardness:
|Yellow||Extra shallow||For work with thin skin, correction of thinning nails|
|Red||Fine||For improving lateral rollers and medium thickened nails|
|Black||Super large||For working through the rough spots on the fingers (mostly for pedicure). To help shorten dense nails and manage calluses|
Cutters differ from cutter. how many of you.
Cutters for manicure are usually classified according to the material and the degree of abrasion. The harder the material and the larger the mesh, the rougher the work for which the tool is designed. In addition, under each cutter should be set your machine speed. Not to cut through the nail, for example, not to traumatize yourself by removing the skin and not to spoil the cutter. If you distribute by degree of hardness, there are cutters:
Universal tools are a separate category. But that does not mean that this cutter can be used for shaping and polishing. Universal tools are e.g. diamond and metal nail file, and silicone and ceramic nail file for treating skin.
How to determine the hardness of the nozzle for a hardware manicure
There are 6 types of cutters according to abrasiveness. It’s easy to see which one you have in front of you! Just look at the color of the cutter‘s notch:
- The white one is the gentlest and most gentle;
- Yellow super fine and delicate;
- Red fine abrasion;
- The blue one is medium-hard;
- Green, pink, orange. coarse abrasion;
- Black Super-Hard.
Tip! If you’re new to hardware manicures, choose cutters with blue notches and rounded edges. They are less traumatic and easier to get your hands on, so you can upgrade to more professional-grade bits later.
Nozzles with straight cuts are the coarsest, and cross-shaped are durable because they almost do not get clogged with a cut.
Needle Cutter. This cutter is great for removing pterygium, lifting and opening the cuticle. It is also used for the correction of artificial nails: a natural nail is cut from the inside. When working, such a cutter should be kept almost parallel to the nail plate, as its sharp tip can accidentally injure the client.
Diamond cutters are considered one of the best cutters for manicure. After all, they can make the correction of artificial nails, acrylics, and peel off excess pterygium (a thin layer of cuticle that grows on the nail plate) and effectively make a manicure.
What cutters are needed for the removal of gel nail polish. varieties by material
The classification of nozzles is performed according to different parameters. One of the main. the material of the tool. Below are the main types of cutters for removing gel varnish with a description of their features, advantages and disadvantages.
They consist of a metal base and an outer coating of fine particles, creating a grainy surface. These models are popular among beginners, due to the optimal combination of price and quality. The size of the spray fractions affects the abrasiveness of the nozzle. the larger they are, the more efficient and faster will be the process of cutting.
According to the method of manufacture, there are two types of diamond cutters for removing gel nail polish:
Among the pluses of diamond-powdered nozzles are:
The disadvantage of diamond cutters is the difficulty in maintenance. The plating gets clogged with dust during operation, so they need to be cleaned regularly. The recommended rotational speed is 10-15 thousand. RPM.
Metal cutters for removing gel polish are made of carbide or alloyed steel with the addition of tungsten. On their outer layer, relief notches are applied to create an uneven surface. They are affordable and very durable tools with a long service life. Tungsten models are harder and more wear-resistant, they are darker in appearance.
As it rotates, the carbide cutter for gel nail removal penetrates deep into the work surface (skin or artificial turf) and cuts it like a knife. The deeper the grooves on the metal surface, the more material is removed in one go.
These cutters are very popular due to a number of advantages:
- High performance. remove up to 1 mm in one pass over the surface.
- Copes with hard coatings. carbide cutters are suitable for removing gel, acrylic.
- handy for a decorative manicure. you can make recesses for rhinestones or stones.
- Durable and long-lasting. they do not wear out, are not exposed to corrosion.
- Easy care. the material can be disinfected even with aggressive substances, it does not lose its properties.
Of the disadvantages, you can note the high traumatic danger of the tool. it is very easy to make a piercing of the nail. If the master is not experienced enough, it is better to choose a safer option. In addition, the metal heats up during the work, so customers may feel a slight burning sensation when sawing.
Pros and cons
Gel-lacquer removal with a cutter is surrounded by dozens of myths, which give rise to the pros and cons of using such a salon procedure. To begin with, buffing gel nails is absolutely safe and not as traumatic as using a classic, high-abrasion file. It is the careful scaling that allows you to carry out the coating removal procedure as quickly and naturally as possible. A little more about the pros and cons of hardware sawing:
- It allows you to remove topcoat and gel-lacquer layers dryly without the use of chemical liquids, which are usually based on acetone. It significantly affects the structure of the nail plate, causing it to soften and dry out, in addition, it affects the dryness of the cuticle and has an unpleasant burning sensation during the procedure.
- Machine sawing usually takes 5-10 minutes in the hands of an experienced craftsman, and for a beginner it is not difficult to cope with such a task. the main thing is to know the basic principles of operation and safety.
- Removal of pigmented gel varnish saves the surface of the own nail. the cutter is not in contact with the natural plate. Sawing is done only to the transparent base. Next, the technician works with a soft polishing nozzle and bafik.
- When removing the gel layer, you can feel a slight burning sensation as a result of overheating the instrument. To avoid this unpleasant moment, you should immediately tell the master or choose a professional with extensive experience. Heating usually occurs with metal nozzles due to their low speed; the higher the speed of rotation of the device, the less likely the nozzle is to be heated. Ceramic analogues do not have this quality at all.
- The only disadvantage of working with hardware sawing is that the gel coating turns into small chips or dust (the client has to breathe it). For a cleaner job, we recommend the use of a disposable mask.
- Another disadvantage, rather, for the master, is the need to purchase sometimes an expensive machine and several sets with cutters. Several identical sets of nozzles are necessary to work with several clients. Don’t forget to treat your accessories in time and keep them clean and tidy. Cutters, in addition, fail and require timely replacement for quality and painless work.
Sawing off gel coatings with cutters is the only progressive and safe solution a technician can offer. It does not traumatize the nails and skin, does not affect the further health of the nail plate, and has no drawbacks that could significantly affect this method. If you still have doubts about the benefits of this method of removing permanent gel coating, we recommend you to study the videos and read about the structure of the nail plate.
Classification by hardness
The hardness of the burrs can be easily identified by the color code. The color of the hard burrs is always darker than that of the delicate nozzles.
It is customary to distinguish cutters by shade:
- Black and blue highly abrasive nozzles are used for treating rough and thick skin areas, removing calluses, as well as for shortening a thick nail plate.
- Green and red medium abrasion tips can be used to work on side rollers and nails that have medium density.
- The yellow, low-abrasion tips are for thin, sensitive skin with nearby vessels. They are used to correct thin and brittle nails.
Important aspects of the process
To work with the apparatus requires skills, so it is better to remove the coating from an experienced master.
If you want to learn the process yourself, it is worth paying attention to the following nuances:
- For the first time it is better to carry out the procedure on your own nails. This is how you can understand the sensation, the level of vibration, and the difficulty of the process;
- You need to fix the position of the working hand. the elbow should be resting on the table. If the hand is in a hovering position, it or the client can shake, move, sneeze and the nail plate will be traumatized;
- Sawing is done from the cuticle to the free edge. The cutter should move in the direction opposite to its rotation;
- The movements for removing gel nail polish are performed smoothly but firmly. Sawing is done by stroking.
For practice, you can use artificial nails.