Husqvarna (Husqvarna) 236 chainsaw: features, characteristics, repair with your own hands
Husqvarna brand saws are represented by many models, which include tools of professional and household class. Reliability and durability of these chainsaws proves the high demand for them. Simplicity of construction with availability of spare parts makes the tool easy to service. These chainsaws are made in Sweden. The brand has established itself on the world market as a manufacturer of quality tools for general use. Here’s a look at the Husqvarna 236 chain saw for example. Despite the low cost, for its manufacture quality materials are used, the design is convenient and ergonomic, and the assembly is very accurate and reliable.
Husqvarna (Husqvarna) chainsaws: features, main breakdowns and getting out of them, popular models
Husqvarna is the leading saw manufacturer on the market today. It produces gasoline tools that can be used for private and professional purposes.
The manufacturer launched the production of chain saws in 1920. Since then it has presented to the market interesting and modern developments that impress with their high quality. At first all Husqvarna tools were produced in factories in Sweden, but now the company’s facilities are also located in Brazil, USA, France, China, Poland.
To find out if you are holding a Chinese chainsaw or a foreign analogue, please refer to the manufacturer’s website. But it is worth noting that absolutely all products are subjected to quality control.
Husqvarna chain saw construction:
- new type of engine;
- comfortable handles;
- A sturdy bar with a saw chain;
- noise suppression system during sawing;
- Right hand protection;
- Two plastic tanks for fuel and oil;
- load-resistant body.
How to properly adjust the carburetor of a Husqvarna chainsaw with your own hands
Like any machine, it requires periodic tune-ups and maintenance. Especially because of poor fuel quality. Let’s look at the principles and procedure for adjusting the carburetor of a Husqvarna chainsaw.
Unfortunately chainsaws, just like other machines, can be at fault. With at least some understanding of how a saw works, you can fix most malfunctions with your own hands. The complexity of the repair is not so much in the work itself, as in correctly determining the cause of failure.
For example, if the saw does not start, there may be several reasons for this, so you should not immediately start dismantling it. First, analyze the causes of the breakdown, which are divided into 2 groups:
- Engine, ignition, fuel or exhaust system malfunctions. This also includes cylinder. piston group malfunctions.
- Malfunctions in the lubrication system node, chain brake, clutch, or tire, as well as a number of other malfunctions.
Indicators of engine malfunction
Engine malfunction can be judged from the following problems that occur:
- Impossible to start the engine;
- engine starts, but then immediately, shuts down;
- The engine is not running smoothly;
- the engine operates normally at idle speed, but loses power or stalls under load.
All these problems can indicate malfunction in the ignition system.
Checking the ignition system
You should start checking the system with an inspection of the spark plug. If the spark plug is dry, it indicates that the fuel mixture did not get into the cylinder and therefore the ignition is not involved. If the spark plug is very wet with fuel, the saw has not been started correctly or the carburettor is not set right.
Wipe the spark plug thoroughly, then turn off the fuel, remove the fuel remnants, air the chamber and start the starter. Then put the spark plug back in place and restart the engine. Black soot indicates that you used low-quality oil, or the percentage of oil and gasoline in the fuel mixture is incorrect. The fault may be a misadjusted carburetor. Clean and deburr the spark plug with a sharp needle or awl, sand down the electrodes with a fine cloth and screw the spark plug back in.
When checking the spark plug pay attention to the gap between the electrodes. Working range is 0.5. 0.65 mm. If the spark plug has a worn or damaged gasket, it can also cause problems with starting the engine. Check the spark plug also for spark. To do this, bring the ignition cable to it, then clamping it with pliers with insulated handles, the spark plug thread or nut is put on the cylinder. Pull starter rope to check if there is an spark. If there is none, the spark plug is simply replaced. If a new spark plug doesn’t give out the spark, the problem is in the high-voltage cable.
Troubleshooting the fuel system
Fuel can not get into the cylinder for several reasons:
- The fuel filter is fouled. To fix the problem, remove the fuel hose and see how the fuel will leak. The fuel filter should be cleaned if the jetting is poor. Take it out through the fuel filling hole, clean the filter, and if it is heavily contaminated, replace it with a new one.
- The breather is clogged. it is a small hole in the tank lid. You need to remove the hose and clean the blockage with a needle.
- It is out of gas or not enough. Cause. clogged air filter. The air does not flow into the carburettor in the right quantity, the fuel mixture is too enriched, which disturbs the normal operation of the engine. The filter must be carefully removed, rinsed, dried and put back in place.
- The carburetor is incorrectly adjusted. Since it is one of the main engine components, carburettor adjustment is better to be entrusted to an expert. Self-adjustment can permanently damage the engine.
chainsaw muffler. disassembly and cleaning
When the engine idles and runs fine, but shuts down with increased load, the cause is probably the muffler. Spark arrester becomes clogged with combustion products and prevents normal engine output. In this case, the muffler must be removed and cleaned of fouling with detergents, and then thoroughly dried. Muffler removed and engine vent plugged with a clean cloth. The cause of muffler clogging may be excessive oil in the fuel mixture, its poor quality or oil unsuitable for two-stroke engines.
Possible chainsaw malfunctions
As a rule, chain saw failure is caused by failure of the engine or its parts because of improper use and storage of the tool. Other problems are also possible, such as chain lubrication system malfunctions or chain brake malfunctions. So the main things you’ll find at our Service Center are
- Malfunction in ignition system
- Fuel system malfunctions
- Carburetor malfunction
- Exhaust system malfunctions
- Worn or damaged piston/cylinder group parts
- Failure of chain lubrication system
- Chain brake malfunctions
It is worth understanding that not every problem can be solved by yourself. Not every chainsaw owner has a compressometer at home or a special tool that can create the right vacuum and pressure to check the crankcase for leaks, for instance. In such a case, you simply can not do without turning to specialized professionals.
If you are sure that you will be able to assemble the chainsaw after disassembly, then a screwdriver in your hands. To determine the true cause of the problem it is necessary to analyze the condition and the behavior of the saw.
Faults of the Chinese chainsaw: an overview of popular and ways to solve them
Buy a cheap chainsaw made in China is not particularly difficult: there are a huge number of chain saws from the Celestial Empire on the markets, in construction hypermarkets and online stores. But the low price almost always hides poor quality.
The most popular malfunctions of Chinese chainsaws should include:
- Poor lubrication system. Clogged oil passages are cleaned and if the oil pump fails, it must be replaced.
- Starter cable breaks.
- Breakage of the plastic starter shaft. It can be replaced with a simple metal bolt.
In the case of the slightest suspicion of improper operation of the chainsaw, it is worth immediately making a complete diagnosis of the tool. Only with proper use and timely maintenance can you count on a chainsaw’s longevity.
Nearly every villager or dacha owner has a chainsaw these days. They are in high demand because they are quite easy to work with. Even if broken, the saw can be repaired with your own hands, although it may take a long time. Household consumers use household or semi-professional (farm) saws, which are designed for a small scope of work.
Compression Test of HUSQVARNA 55 Chainsaw
Husqvarna chainsaw device
Unlike other, no less well-known manufacturers, the Swedish company’s Husqvarna models have a fairly simple design that greatly simplifies their self-repair. When assembled, you can see on the chainsaws of the Swedish brand:
- The body, which includes protective covers that prevent damage to the main parts and mechanisms of the saw;
- Handles. front and rear, and a handle on the starter cord;
- Control buttons, switches, and chain brake lever;
- Silencer that reduces operating noise;
- Busbar and saw chain;
- 2 separate plastic reservoirs. for fuel mixture and for oil;
- Shield that protects the operator’s right hand.
Powertrain, carburetor, starter motor, and ignition system are housed beneath the Husqvarna chain saw’s reinforced frame. Depending on the model and its cost, a number of additional options may also be included in the chainsaw design.
Device, maintenance instructions for the tool
The Husqvarna 236 chainsaw is very simple and does not differ from the 240 and 235.
The main block is covered with a lid that houses the two-stroke engine, oil compartment, fuel tank and air cleaner. Cutting part is represented by bar and chain.
Maintenance of the Husqvarna 236 chain saw involves
- Regular daily inspection for damage to the chain and saw body;
- cleaning off sawdust and dirt residue at the end of each use;
- Timely lubrication of the cutting part, proper preparation of the fuel mixture;
- use only high-quality lubricants and
The instructions tell you to remove the scale from the muffler from time to time to make it work more efficiently. In addition, it is also necessary to remove the soot from the spark plug, this will extend the useful life of the chainsaw.
Fuel and oil, lubricants for Husqvarna 236
Recommended oil for Husqvarna 236 chain saw: for air-cooled two-stroke gasoline engines, marked 2T. Recommended oils: Husqvarna, Partner. Fuel for Husqvarna 236: unleaded gasoline AI-92, AI-95. Prepare fuel mixture at a fuel to oil ratio of 40:1. Mix can be stored up to 4 weeks. Do not leave a chainsaw that will not be in operation for the next month with a tank full of gasoline and oil; drain the fuel during storage.
Use specific oils from Husqvarna or Partner manufacturers to lubricate chain and tire.
Husqvarna 236 chain saw run time
The Husqvarna 236 chainsaw, like other utility models from this manufacturer, is designed to run continuously for 30 or 40 minutes (without refueling, on a single batch of fuel mixture). If you need to refuel and continue working, you can stop the engine, wait for it to cool, and, after refueling, continue operating.
Main malfunctions of the Husqvarna 236 chainsaw and troubleshooting
Let’s see the main troubles and their causes, which can be faced by the owner of chain saw Husqvarna 236 in the process of operation. We remind you that complex repairs or such a procedure as carburetor adjustment can be performed at a service center while the tool is under warranty.
If the unit stalls intermittently, the cause may be a clogged carburetor.
Disassemble, clean, and adjust the carburetor if necessary.