Additional receiver for the compressor with their own hands
Some work that is done in the home workshop or garage requires compressed air. And there may be a situation where a domestic compressor is not up to the task. In this case, the situation can be resolved by installing an auxiliary receiver on the existing unit. This device can be bought in a specialized store, such as spare parts for cars. You can buy a receiver for the pneumatic system of KAMAZ, or make it your own hands.
САМОДЕЛЬНЫЙ РЕСИВЕР ДЛЯ КОМПРЕССОРА. Часть 3 A homemade receiver for compressor, part 3
Most of the proposed receivers are made for a particular model and are of a high price. Depending on the intended size of the container for self-made, you can use either a propane tank or a fire extinguisher body.
A functional homemade compressor
Unlike apparatuses that are made from car accessories, a compressor from a refrigerator works continuously. This is due to the good power and performance. Plus it’s as good as factory-made models. And if there is an opportunity to get components for free, then the cost of making such a device is minimal. The unit is designed for painting and blowing, tire service, and provides excellent performance with pneumatic tools. To make a 220V compressor, you will need the following parts:
- Motor-compressor from an old refrigerator.
- Tees, oil fill tube, hoses, fittings, wall inlets.
- Reducer, which will monitor the pressure.
- Two pressure gauges.
- Receiver. A fire extinguisher or gas cylinder, which must be completely empty, will be suitable for this. Можно сварить самодельную емкость из листового железа и толстой трубы.
- Filter for purifying the air.
- Emergency valve.
- Starting relay and pressure switch.
- Paint for metal.
- Fum tape, a hacksaw and engine oil.
- A wrench and a syringe.
Compressor assembly consists of several steps:
- Preparing the motor. The motor compressor consists of three tubes. One tube has a sealed end and is for changing the oil. The other two are open, through which the air enters and exits. Apply current to the compressor and determine through which tube the air enters and from which it exits. Each tube is marked. The sealed tube is cut so that sawdust does not clog it. The oil inside is drained, and instead fill with engine oil or synthetic. The procedure is performed using a syringe. Then close the tube with a screw. It must be wrapped with fumed tape before it is screwed into the hole. This part is treated from above with sealant and coated with paint or enamel.
- Preparing the receiver. As the receiver used an empty cylinder fire extinguisher, previously removed from his valve. Pour rust preventative inside the tank and leave it there for as long as necessary. The outside of the tank is also cleaned of dirt and rust. When the cylinder is dry, put a cap on the valve hole. If necessary, an adapter is inserted into the hole and the cross piece is fastened. The pressure switch is installed on the upper connection. A branch pipe with pressure gauge is screwed onto one side of the switch and a safety choke is mounted on the other side. The choke can be replaced by a valve (for manual venting). If necessary, use adapters and paint the reservoir.
- Assembly. The tank is installed on a frame, which is assembled from planks on wheels. The compressor motor is secured to the reservoir by separating them with a rubber gasket. First connect the gasoline filter to the inlet tube and only then the diesel filter. That way the air is protected from even a slight contamination. If the tubes are deformed during disassembly, they should be flared. For the unit to operate correctly, the starting relay must be set in the correct position, which is indicated by an arrow on its cover. It is necessary to protect tumbler connection points, starting relay and pressure switch with duct tape, because power supply will go through them. Connect the compressor outlet pipe to the air receiver through the adapter. A pressure reducer with a dehumidifier should be installed downstream of the pressure gauge. Then mount a hose equipped with a wall inlet.
Types of compressed air receivers and their application field
Air receiver is used as a part of compressor stations (CS: GO), nitrogen, ammonia and refrigerant plants for storage and production of compressed air, nitrogen, oxygen, etc.п.
- linear. They are installed between the control valve and the condenser. These receivers are used to compensate for fluctuations in fluid fill in evaporating equipment during thermal load surges. Free from the liquid condenser, they create a flow of liquid agent, moving evenly to the control valve. Refrigerant retained at the same level becomes a hydraulic barrier that prevents steam from flowing into the evaporator.
- protective. They are installed below a certain level where the evaporator system equipment is located. They are intended for discharge of liquid from liquid separators and evaporators in non-pressure systems of refrigerant supply.
- draining receivers (RH or RHV). Such receivers are needed for draining liquid refrigerant from pipelines and units of the refrigeration system during their repair and operation. circulating (RCZ and RCC). Liquid refrigerant tanks are used to ensure continuous operation of the circulation pump to supply liquid refrigerant to the evaporators.
- Circulating air receivers are used in pumping and circulating units to supply liquid refrigerant to evaporator systems. Air drain receivers RD are used as protective, drainage, linear and circulating receivers; vertical air receivers RDV are used as circulating and protective receivers.
Read also: Operating principle of the Bosch torch
for air receivers, sold by “IRTEKHNO”, you can see in the price-list.
Compressor air receiver prevents corrosion in the system by removing excessive moisture. It is also able to store compressed air and ensure continuous operation during heavy loads. That is why it is indispensable when the capacity of the units is insufficient and when a large number of consumers are operating.
Equipment that operates in automatic mode, turns on when the pressure falls to a predetermined level and turns off when it increases. The receiver reduces the number of cycles, allowing a longer period of uninterrupted operation and lower wear and tear. Uneven compressed air deliveries due to the nature of reciprocating systems. This problem is eliminated by a special air accumulator that prevents pulsation.
Additional receiver for the compressor with their own hands
Some workshop or household jobs may require increased compressed air consumption that household compressors are unable to meet. One possible solution would be to place an additional receiver for the compressor If you buy it in a store, but nothing prevents you from saving money and make a receiver with your own hands. An additional plus in the direction of the second solution is that most of the models offered in the store are designed for regular compressors, which is why the price is so high!
Connecting an additional air reservoir is usually carried out sequentially to the main one, and therefore, depending on the desired amount, for the work can be useful normal fire extinguisher body or cylinder, left over from liquefied gas.
As in the case of assembling a brazier from a gas cylinder, the performance of a homemade receiver begins with a thorough cleaning of the cylinder from gas residues. To this end the first thing to do is to close the inlet valve. It is important to note that it is impossible to remove the valve with a power tool, because there might be residual gas inside!
After that the cylinder for a day is filled with water. Further in a capacity screw in screw plugs with gaskets or tubular splitters for hoses are welded. Finally the cylinder must be treated with weather resistant paint!
At the bottom of the vessel you can install a condensate drain, it is also not superfluous to be on the receiver manometer or pressure switch. In the case of the condensate drain its size should be selected on the basis of the dimensions of the connection thread, working pressure and capacity of the compressor. Medium
In the photo below you can see additional receiver for the compressor, placed on top of a welded steel rod tripod.
READ How to connect the running lights on the UAZ Hunter
When working with a homemade device, you should take into account such moments:
Well, now you know why you need a receiver, what it is, what characteristics it has, as well as how to install an additional cylinder to the main tank. We hope these tips will be helpful to you. Good luck!
Connecting an extra receiver to the compressor
For my purposes receiver for 50 liters was not enough. Decided to make a receiver from a gas cylinder. 2 cylinders were found at relatives and removed.
Next you had to weld in the herringbone, to attach the hose. There was an option just to cut a thread and return there bought a quick disconnect, but it’s not that. In the market, where a lot of scrap metal for sale, were found necessary herringbone. Found, again, a relative who could weld them, but he asked one reasonable question, and not fuck, not bang that is.
In it should be poured water, sounds simple, but in reality.
In principle, you can also pour water into the faucet that is installed in it, but it is very long.
You can unscrew the faucet and then pour water into it more safely.
But he is unlikely to turn it away, since our cylinders are still Soviet, it means that they were made for the ages. There’s some kind of thread sealant, or just some kind of super glue.
Pour water to the brim, smell the gas, leave it overnight, just like that. than enough adventure for one day. We actually at first sawed off the faucet, and drowned them in a barrel, with an open faucet, then threw the empty, but the full of water at least 50 kg khe khe, almost belly button did not pull while getting.
Then we sawed off the faucet and poured water to the brim again, just to be safe.
Pour it out where there are fewer people so they did not yell, as the gas water will smell, but only the water, we have the earth did not stink.
After that, one of them lights a match and with a wild shout brings it to the cylinder. Everyone is alive and well. We start to drill out the rest of the tap, it’s a real pain in the ass. Grind the surface for welding with an angle grinder.
We go to a relative, he gives us his word that everything is normal and begins to weld, we went away from sin. You never know, a match and an angle grinder is one thing, but welding No problem.
We’ve welded it, we go home to the garage. Do not reach the garage, went to the store, bought paint, in order to ennoble this miracle.
In the garage we assemble the receiver, see if there are any leaks.
Now the total volume of about 100 liters, began to pump not even twice as slow, but twice 2.5, or even three times.
Community Garage Equipment and Tools Blog Extra receiver from a gas cylinder
Good afternoon) Option to additionally receiver for the compressor, quickly and without the hassle)) www.drive2.ru/b/534244179794986642/
When painting cars critical lacked air tank at 24L compressor, the amount of air was not enough for large areas such as the hood and roof. The solution was found quite simple, an additional receiver from a gas cylinder in 50 liters)). The tap on the cylinder dismantled and bought all the necessary connections))) Quick disconnects for hose 270r. with a discount))
Expenses: Compressor Fubag 24l. available Cylinder. free Spiral hose 10 m. 347 p. Barrel pipe 3/4. 11 p. Coupling 3/4. 24 p. Cylinder nipple adapter 3/4 to 1/2. 67 p. 1/2 to 1/4 adapter nipple. 2 pcs 43 р. Ball valve 1/2. 88 p. A set of fittings quickly. 270 p. TOTAL: 893 p.
Tools and materials required
For the manufacture of receiver for the compressor uses the following equipment:
Attention! When cutting the cylinder angle grinder first make a longitudinal cut along the length of the container. Then make cross cuts. After that, cut off the top or bottom. Changing the sequence of operations may lead to a sudden depressurization.
An angle grinder is used as a cutting tool. In an extreme case, use a hacksaw for metal.
Vise designed to secure the cylinder and prevent its rotation when removing the valve.
Gas bottle receiver
An adjustable wrench is used to unscrew the stop nut on the valve.
Hammer or sledgehammer are used for beating off the cut off parts of the vessel and for tapping the valve while unscrewing.
Valve plugs are tapered. this form of threads ensures the maximum tightness of cylinder. To unscrew valves with this thread requires a lot of force. To increase the torque, the handle of the wrench is built up with a rectangular or round metal profile.
Tip: Instead of using the factory-made valve, you can use a ball valve of the appropriate size.
- two crosses with M15 threads;
- reducer with a pressure gauge;
- safety valve;
- ball valve. 3 pcs;
- rubber hose.
In the manufacture of the receiver for the compressor with his own hands used details consistently connected to each other.
Installation of additional receiver for compressor. Auxiliary receiver for compressor. Do you know how to assemble an air compressor from improvised materials?
The air inlet consists of many elements, the main ones are
- pressure gauge which controls the pressure level;
- airtight tank for compressed air;
- The pipes that connect the device to the pneumatic system and the compressor;
- safety valve which allows you to drain the medium at high pressure;
- A tap to remove moisture.
Compressor receiver selection is only necessary for reciprocating units. Devices on a plate or screw basis do not require such additions. Under the influence of pressure, the compressed fluid is delivered into the container through a nozzle and reaches the required pressure level. This produces condensate and reduces the overall humidity of the air. Compressed gas is delivered to the compressed air tool or pneumatic system through a compressed air outlet.