Gasoline grass trimmer for dacha: types, device, principle of operation, rules of operation and maintenance
In terms of. Hacksaw blades should not be completely glazed.
Everything you need to make a nozzle
The most difficult thing in the manufacture of the nozzle is to symmetrically mark and perform the holes for the blades and shaft of the grass trimmer. That’s why we choose a prefabricated peorized plate.
First we need to make the base of the nozzle. To do this, from a metal plate
Cut a square with a side of 100 mm. It is necessary to mark it so that exactly in the center (at the intersection of the diagonals) there is a hole. For this purpose from the center of the chosen aperture perpendicularly to the short side of a plate we measure off distance of 50 mm and mark lines of trimming.
We cut off the excess and get a square of 100 mm x 100 mm. Now you need to round the corners a bit and drill a center hole for the grass trimmer shaft.
Round corners and drill a center hole for the grass trimmer shaft
Cut the blades of metal, measuring 8 cm from each end. We obtain 4 blanks with ready-made holes.
It is necessary to give to these preparations the form of knifes. To do this, we mark the line for the trimmer cut by eye (no special accuracy is required), fasten all 4 workpieces together and grind off the excess.
The result is a blade that is the same size and weight, and can be sharpened on one side. Now all parts of the homemade grass trimmer attachment are prepared, you can start assembling.
Put a small washer on the screw and push it into the hole in the corner. Place the blade on top, sharpening the side in the direction of rotation of the grass trimmer shaft. Then we put a big washer and a nut that is not tightened, so the blade rotates freely. Attach the other 3 blades in the same way.
The end of the screw should be riveted so that the nut doesn’t come off.
The nozzle is ready. It is installed with the nuts to the ground and fixed in the same way as the three-blade blade that comes with the trimmer. When hitting a stone, the blades are folded and retract a bit inside.
This idea was suggested by our constant video author Tatyana (Tula region). To see in more detail the whole process of making such a nozzle for grass trimmer and learn some of the nuances you can watch the video, which she prepared.
When working with a trimmer, it is important not to forget about safety, using any attachments, and especially homemade.
We suggest you read The scheme of automatic bindings for cattle with their own hands
We suggest discussing this idea in Комментарии и мнения владельцев to the publication. Share with us your thoughts, as well as tell us about your oudachnyh solutions.
How to remove the grass trimmer head: basic rules
To remove the trimmer head you need to adhere to the elementary rules in working with a brushcutter and electric counterpart, and we will name the main ones:
- To unscrew the gear reducer, you must use a special hexagon or a screwdriver gently, dipping it into a special hole. The latter can be heavily clogged with grass and blend in with the overall color, so. delicately clean and find it;
- It is necessary to wedge it, so that the shaft does not turn;
- Be especially careful when dismantling a broken or cracked spool. its elements can be everywhere;
- Many gasoline mower users today are searching the web for “grass trimmer to remove the head,” and we in instructive articles and videos also do Accent on different types of threads. consider the nuances of your tool;
- For ease of operation, it is practiced to turn the tool upside down with the motor laid on a horizontal surface;
- Shocks and sudden forces applied when removing the mowing head are inappropriate, as the delicate plastic housing may be damaged;
- A new reel or an old reel, if it is still usable, should be installed on a cleaned tool.
- The new tackle must meet the parameters of the old one. Installation of another component whose characteristics do not match the power of the grasshopper may negatively affect its elements and the operation of the mechanism as a whole;
- We recommend working with a cleaned tool to avoid debris and small particles of grass in the holes;
- Locking the reducer by sliding a screwdriver into the slot is a must when installing a new reel or removing an old one;
- Be aware of the prevalence of left-hand threads on the gearbox of most trimmers;
- Remember to remove the screwdriver from the gear slot when the spool is finished fitting in place;
- All fixing and removal should be done delicately, remembering that the reel is made of thin plastic;
- It is not necessary to screw the new reel (or the old one in its place) hard, because after working hours the next time you remove it, it will be impossible to remove it. You also do not need to fix too easily. weigh the load placed on this assembly during operation and the resistance of the cutting material;
- If you need instead of the reel to the grass trimmer to determine the knife or bobbin. analog cutting tackle, then the gear unit is carried out as well, screwing is carried out on the same scheme, but the installation itself is slightly different due to the specifics of each individual tackle. Assemble the knives on the grass trimmer with a spool in the case when the tool functionally works with different types of gear.
If you need to buy a line for a grass trimmer, you can do it on the expanses of our site, and how to properly mount and replace it. we are happy to tell you in our articles.
Self-winding spool for lawnmowers. US manufacturer
If the light impact button grass trimmer spool on the ground line trimmer is not extended, then the preconditions for this are usually the following.
Variant 1. a jamming issue has occurred, i.e.е. the cord is jammed between the coils. This defect usually occurs if the user has wound the line on the spool unevenly, with a crossed coils, or wound it with insufficient tension. In the latter case, when the mowing head rotates at high speed under the influence of centrifugal force the cord begins to tighten, under the influence of which there may be inter-scroll jamming of the line. To fix the problem will have to dismantle the spool on the trimmer and rewind the cord correctly, in other words, even turns with a good tension.
Variant 2.4. very short ends protrude from the head. line trimmer may not come out when hitting the ground, if its ends, sticking out of the head, not long enough. Then the centrifugal force is not enough to stretch the trimmer line. So you need to stop the machine (turn off the engine on another disconnect trimmer elektricheskuyu for grass from the network) and pull the line for the trimmer manually, previously pressing the button.
Variant 3. the line for the trimmer is soldered inside the mowing head. this causes the reel to be blocked and does not even spin on pressing a button. For the most part, this is due to several reasons: poor quality cords, overheating of the reel during prolonged use of the machine, the line hitting hard objects.
- At the beginning of the cord pogorodnyh manufacturers will like is made of low-quality and fusible materials that do not hold the mechanical and thermal load. It is therefore preferable to use a “branded” line.
- If you still caught line trimmer unknown properties, and it often soldered in its time of operation, then of course follow the example of certain users, who, after filling the cord in the coil lubricate it or silicone grease (from a canister), or mineral oil. This procedure greatly reduces the possibility of the line coils sticking together.
- Also a line for a trimmer might meld if, while mowing, it bumps into a hard object (a rock, a fence, a dry branch, etc.) and the line hits a hard object.д.). In the course of this, it is slightly stretched and pulled back into the head at high speed. The friction warms the cord and causes it to stick together. The only thing to do to fix this problem. is to open the grass trimmer spool and rewind the line for the trimmer.
There are situations when the weed trimmer user notices a very sharp line consumption. Here, he did not once hit the button on the ground to lengthen the line. A prerequisite that the line for the trimmer extends spontaneously, being cut on a special knife on the hood of the device, is the lack of a spring in the mowing head. Often beginning users of mowers, trying to load line for trimmer in the reel, they forget to install pinch spring in the head, in other words, completely lose it when opening the cover, and then do not even know about its existence.
Also, trimmer line can be extended without using the button, if the spring is loose. If checking of the spring confirmed this fact, you need to put some washers under it to strengthen its clamping characteristics.
Owners trimmers, mostly new, come to confusion, adjoining to panic, when there is a need to change the cutting tool or line for a trimmer in the coil. Often when trying to unscrew a mowing head, users simply cause it to fail, unaware that it unscrews in the opposite direction. That it did not come out, if you need to change the tool is recommended to join the step by step annotation given below.
- Before you tuck the line for the trimmer in the coil, muffle engine trimmer trimmer as it is called, turn off the trimmer elektricheskogo for grass, to avoid injuries that occur at the accidental start rotation cutting tool.
- Unscrew the accessory mounted on the gearbox shaft. To do this, the shaft must be fixed by aligning the holes on the washer on the axle, and inserting there an iron bar or screwdriver.
- Unscrew the mowing head. Need to know that the thread on the shaft left. Because the grass trimmer coil should be turned to the right, in other words, in a clockwise direction.
- Disassemble the mowing head. In most cases the cover of the mowing head is secured by a knob. What to remove it, will need these locks to sink into the body, pushing back the edge of the cover. If the passage, if your trimmer has an automatic mowing head, which has a button at the bottom, then the disassembly of the nozzle should be carried out carefully, because there is a possibility of losing the spring, which occasionally flies out when you remove the cover.
- Cut the necessary amount of fishing line. Usually it is about 5 meters long. Use the cord of the same diameter as shown in the instruction manual. It is not recommended to exceed the largest cross section of fishing line, as this will lead to an increased load on the engine and greater gasoline consumption.
- Find the centre of the cord by folding it in half. You will have a loop.
- There are special grooves cut inside the reel (holes may occur). Insert the loop of fishing line in the groove.
- Wind the trimmer line on the spool by turning it counterclockwise. The cord has to be laid very straight, with no overlap and with good tension. When you have finished spooling, leave about 20cm of free fishing line, and secure these to the slots on the sides of the spool.
- Assemble the mowing head. Before assembling the nozzle at all, do not forget to insert the spring and washer (if available). Install the spool in the housing and put the ends of the cord through the holes or eyelets.
- Put on the cover and fasten it with the clips.
- Screw the nozzle back onto the gearbox shaft by also securing it with a screwdriver. Screw the grass trimmer reel to the left (against the h. arrow).
- Take a piece of plywood or textolite and draw a circumference of about 14 cm around it.
- Cut out the disk with a jigsaw or metal saw.
- Drill a hole in the center of the disk matching the cross section of the reducer shaft. And before you install the disc on the shaft, put a washer on this address.
- On the sides of the drive of course screw small corners as it is also called make 1-2 holes on the backs of. These will be used to feed the lines into them.
- To fix the line for the trimmer, screw a few self-tapping screws into the plywood, of course.
Blade trimmer for grass, repair with their own hands:
When you start a farm electric tool you should immediately understand that in addition to the electrical part, there is a mechanical, which requires timely maintenance, cleaning, cooling and lubrication. The electric blade trimmer for grass is no exception. I will tell a little about my trimmer, the model and the parameters I do not specify. it is not so important. The first thing in it fell down is a button when I took it apart, there were obvious signs of melting, I think it was caused by power surges and the processes that occur at the time of switching. And to put it simply, it was poor quality. Like many other parts of the grass trimmer, the button can be replaced with another one with suitable parameters (current and design). The blade for grass trimmer is, well, like other attachments, consumable material, and it is natural that I ran out of it, too. As a typical dodger, I started to put in everything I had, from ordinary thick fishing line to a thicker and stronger special line for grass trimmer. In spite of my natural curiosity and inquisitiveness I acted within the read instruction, but even this did not save my spool from destruction.
If the grass trimmer’s line is not lengthened when the button of the grass trimmer’s reel lightly strikes the ground, the following are usually the reasons for this.
Variant 1. jamming, t.е. The cord is caught between the coils. This mismatch usually occurs if the user reeled line for trimmer unevenly, with crossed turns, or reeled it with a lack of tension. In the latter case, when the mowing head rotates at high revolutions under the influence of centrifugal force the cord begins to tighten, under the influence of which there can be inter-twist line jamming. To fix the problem I would have to dismantle the spool on the trimmer and rewind the cord correctly, in other words by even turns with a good tension.
Option 2.4. very short ends protrude from the head. the trimmer line may not come out when hitting the ground if its ends sticking out of the head are not long enough (not long enough). Under such circumstances, the centrifugal force is not sufficient to stretch the line for the trimmer. So you need to stop the machine (turn off the engine or unplug the trimmer elektrichesky for grass) and pull the line for the trimmer manually, first pressing the button.
Variant 3. trimmer line is soldered inside the mowing head. This leads to the fact that the bobbin does not spin when you press the button. Basically, there are several reasons for this: poor quality cord, overheating of the reel during prolonged machine operation, the line is struck against hard objects.
- At the beginning of a cord postoronyh manufacturers, but probably made of low-quality and fusible materials that can not withstand mechanical and thermal load. That’s why you should give preference to brand-name lines.
- If you still caught the line for the trimmer unknown properties, and it often soldered in its time of work, you can follow the example of some users, who after filling the cord in the coil or lubricate it with silicone grease (from the canister), or mineral oil. This procedure is much less likely to solder to each other turns of line.
- Also a line for a trimmer may meld if, while mowing, it hits a hard object (a rock, a fence, a dry branch, etc.) and the line hits a hard object.д.). For this reason it stretches a little and retracts at high speed back into the head. Friction causes the cord to get warm and its coils to stick together. The only thing to do to fix this problem. is to open the grass trimmer spool and rewind line for the trimmer.
There are situations when the user of grass trimmer notices a very sharp line flow. With all that, it never bangs the button on the ground to lengthen the line. A prerequisite that the line for the trimmer spontaneously lengthens, cutting on a special knife on the cover of the device, is the absence of a spring in the mowing head. Often beginners users of mowers, trying to load line trimmer in the reel, they forget to install clamping spring in the head, as it is also called completely lose it when opening the cover, and then do not even know about its existence.
Also, the line for the trimmer is extended without using the button, if the spring is loose. If checking the spring confirmed this fact, you need to put a few washers under it to strengthen its clamping characteristics.
Owners of trimmers, mostly new, come to the confusion, adjacent to panic, when there is a need to change the cutting tool or line for a trimmer in the reel. Often, when trying to unscrew the mower head, users simply cause it to fail, unaware that it unscrews in the opposite direction. To avoid this, if it will be necessary to change the tool is recommended to join the step by step annotation given below.
- While tucking the line for the trimmer in the coil, turn off the engine brushcutsa or no power trimmer elektricheskogo to the grass, to avoid injuries that occur when accidental start cutting tool rotation.
- Unscrew the mowing head mounted on the gearbox shaft. To do this, the shaft should be secured by aligning the holes on the washer on the axis, and inserting there an iron bar, otherwise speaking screwdriver.
- Unscrew the brushcutter head. It is important to know that the thread on the shaft is left. Because the grass trimmer spool should be turned to the right, in other words, in a clockwise direction.
- Disassemble the mowing head. In most cases the cap is attached to the head on clamps. To remove it it is necessary to push these latches into the body pushing the edge of the cover. If the passage, if your trimmer has an automatic mowing head, which has a button at the bottom, then the disassembly of the nozzle must be carried out carefully, as of course lose the spring, which from time to time flies out during the removal of the cover.
- Cut the length of line you need. It is normally 5 meters long. Use cord of the cross-section indicated in the instruction manual of the tool. Do not exceed the maximum diameter of the fishing line, as it will lead to increased load on the engine and greater gasoline consumption.
- Find the middle of the cord by folding it in half. You will have a loop.
- There are special grooves (there may be holes) inside the reel. Insert the loop of fishing line in this groove.
- Wind the line for the trimmer onto the spool by turning it counterclockwise. Tuck the cord should be very even, turns are made to lie down without overlapping and with a good tension. When you are finished winding it up, leave about 20 cm of loose line, and fasten the ends in the slots on the sides of the spool.
- Assemble the mowing head. Do not forget to insert the spring and the washer (if it is present) before assembling the head at all. Insert the spool in the housing, and thread the ends of the cord through the holes or eyelets.
- Put on the cover and secure it with the latches.
- Screw the nozzle back on the gear shaft, also securing it with a screwdriver. Screw the grass trimmer reel to the left (counterclockwise). arrow).
What line to choose for your trimmer?
Before stocking up on this material to put in your grass trimmer, you need to decide on the. After all, the usual so-called round line for trimmers is not the only kind that exists. So how to choose the most suitable? First you need to determine the working conditions.
Choosing by type. The circular trimmer line is the most common. It will fit any reel with very few exceptions. This type of consumable is suitable for mowing fresh, succulent grass. But it may no longer be able to mow what are known as dead wood. The attempts to mow shrubs with this thread are pointless to even mention.
In addition to the usual type, there are others with sharp edges. They are usually made in a “star” or “square” pattern. The presence of sharp edges is the main feature and the key difference of these threads.
It is because of this feature that these kinds of threads are able to mow dry weeds. But pointed filaments are not without disadvantages, the main of which can be called a rapid wear and tear, which is noticeably inferior to the round type.
In addition to the already mentioned types of fishing line, there are other interesting and frequently encountered varieties. Particularly noteworthy among them are fishing lines, inside of which there is a metal wire. Threads of this type are often used in gasoline-powered tools with engines larger than one and a half horsepower.
Filaments with a metal core are available both with a circular cross section and with sharp edges. Regardless of the cross section type, such filaments are perfectly suited to overcoming plants that are difficult to mow. Threads belonging to this type can easily mow not only dry grass, but even small bushes.
Filaments with wire inside compare favorably with other types of consumables by their incredible durability. But unfortunately, this feature has more than a noticeable impact on the price of this type. The cost of threads with a core is much higher than the cost of other types of threads.
Choice by thickness
In addition, special attention should be paid to the thickness of the consumable. For mowing young grass, a thread with a diameter in the range of one and a half millimeters is suitable. The larger the diameter of the filament, the drier and rougher the weeds it can manage.
There is one “but” when choosing a fishing line by thickness. It is important not just to assess the capabilities of the material, but also take into account the peculiarities of the trimmer for grass. It is necessary to look in the user’s manual, which comes with the tool, and find information about the requirements for the cutting element.
Using the wrong thread can cause the tool to malfunction. Using too thick a thread can overload the motor. And using too thin filament will severely increase wear and tear on the cutting mechanism.
That is why the choice of consumable material should be approached with no less responsibility than its threading in the grass trimmer. When a suitable line for the trimmer is found and purchased, you can proceed to consider how to wind it on the spool.
Winding a line on a grass trimmer
Steady and careful removal of the bobbin from the grass trimmer spool allows you to proceed specifically to the winding of the line. The design of the head, the number and position of the fixing holes dictate the sequence of operations in this operation, and also determine the methods used. There are now several varieties of spools, depending on the number of lines and ways of tucking:
Earlier, before the winding process, you need to remove the spool with the line from the body. Depending on the manufacturer, power and type (electronic or gasoline), there are three structural types of trimmers:
In a similar model it is possible to install a knife. Reel removal in similar models is done by means of 2 recessed in the body of the reel buttons. To install the trimmer blade to cooperate bobbin hole and the rod, and then stick a device in the form of an iron pin (screwdriver, metal bar). After fixing the spool, the body is simply turned out by hand in a clockwise direction.
Grass trimmer head with automatic line threading
Some models on the market have a spool with an automatic winding mechanism. It is enough for the user to tuck and fix the ends in the head, and the winding operation will be done by the tool itself when you switch it on in working mode. Mistakenly wind the line for trimmer in the trimmer for grass with a head like this is virtually unreal, because the coil determines the position of the tendrils without the aid of others. The advantages of the automatic grass trimmer head can be attributed to the simplicity of filling the fishing line, and to the disadvantages. not infrequent breakdowns of the mechanism due to the difficulty of design and the higher price.
How to refill the line trimmer in the trimmer reel for grass
Rewinding a mowing line takes about 10-15 minutes. What does it look like a spool
grass trimmers? Plastic case with a cassette inside, which has a special hook for easy winding. Virtually all trimmer reels have the same mounting principle, it is the central screw button, when you press it, it becomes possible to pull the line for the trimmer of the desired length. Video replacing the fishing line in a trimmer; How to wind the fishing line on a bush trimmer? Video on replacing mower line in a trimmer and winding mower line on a mower. How to remove the spool, disassemble the spool on the trimmer and unscrew the nut without. The photo below shows some examples of different trimmer spools.
How to convert a grass trimmer with a fishing line to a knife
With the advent of summer, many owners of homestead plots are disturbed by the question, c knitted with how to put a knife on the trimmer for grass.
The questions why and when it is reasonable to replace the line for a trimmer on a brushcutter with a more durable cutting element are no less relevant. The oleo-mac tr 130 e grass trimmer kit includes a mowing disc with a grass trimmer simple with a scythe on.
In our article we will try to take it all apart and give useful recommendations for dacha owners.
A grass trimmer with a blade mounted on it is best used for more comfortable mowing tall and coarse grass in the country. The line for the trimmer on the brushcutter in such cases does not cope. Thin one tears very quickly.
Use of thick 23 mm cord or homemade rope rods causes vegetation to wind up on the bobbin. This increases the load on the engine.
As a result, the piston group and other mobile units of the machine wear out very quickly.
Grass wrapped around the spindle creates a strong resistance to the shaft, reminiscent of a speedometer cable, which cannot withstand and twists.
In order to save technique from premature wear manufacturers have provided the ability to install special blades on trimmers for grass. The design and shape of existing cutting elements allows to cope with coarsened and overgrown grass as well as to fight successfully with young shrubby growth.
Before you buy a brushcutter blade, let’s find out what they are and when they are used. Today, manufacturers offer the consumer a large number of types of these consumables. In general, all cutting tools intended for mowing the grass can be classified:
We suggest you read Carpet of pompoms with your own hands master class
For safety reasons, manufacturers do not recommend putting steel knives on electric grass trimmers.
Depending on the manufacturer, they can be an integral disc-shaped design, with several blades or in the form of a special mowing head providing for the installation of removable blades of plastic.
Putting a knife on the grass trimmer is not so difficult. The manufacturer equips its tools with a special pin to lock the gearbox and a wrench that unscrews the bobbin with a fishing line. The most important thing is to observe safety rules and the sequence of disassembly when changing cutting elements.
The algorithm for installing a knife on a grass trimmer is as follows:
- Let’s take off the blade guard;
- Locking the actuator. To do this, align the two holes. in the hub of the shaft and in the cup of the gearbox. After their alignment, insert the pin in the holes;
- We unscrew clockwise from the hub of the bobbin with a fishing line or attachment nut that holds the duster (if the grass trimmer has not yet been used);
- Then install the cutter blade, so that the slits on the hub washer coincide with the notches in the cutter blade hole;
- Install the dust cap;
- Tighten the fastening nut (counter-clockwise) holding the locking pin;
- Tighten it, using a pipe wrench;
- Reinstall the blade guard.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated. Now you can safely start mowing the weeds on the plot.
With the advent of summer, many owners of homestead plots anxious question, svyazannym with how to put a knife on the trimmer for grass. Steel knives with double-sided sharpening lawn mower for “winter hibernation”. How to knife cheap and.
No less relevant is the question of why and when it is advisable to replace the line for the trimmer on the brushcutter with a more durable cutting element. This reel is attached to the grass trimmer in the same way as the reel I have on a similar trimmer.