How to make an angle grinder saw concrete without dust
When cutting chinks in walls, undercutting bricks, cinder block, concrete and other mineral building materials generates a lot of thick dust. If the work is performed on the street, it is still bearable, but here indoors impenetrable dusty veil collected literally in half a minute. To avoid this, it is worth making a special adapter that allows you to connect to the angle grinder construction vacuum cleaner. With its help, you can almost completely eliminate the emission of dust into the room.
Tips on drilling the walls for wiring
Very often in the repair of premises requires the replacement of old wires with new ones. After all, the new modern wiring can withstand all the requirements of the N number of home appliances in the house, while perfectly maintaining fire safety. Often owners also want to install additional outlets. This is much more convenient than carrying around a few extra meters of extension cords.
New wiring is best hidden in the walls. and safe, and pleasing to the eye. To do this, it is necessary to make a slot. cutting in the ceiling or walls deep channels of standard sizes, in which the cable is then placed. When the work is complete, the recesses are sealed with mortar or putty. This technique is used not only for major home repair, but also for cosmetic, and even in the construction of new houses with the installation of the pipeline.
So where, after all, to start? How to drill through walls for wiring?
Standards and restrictions on drilling the walls for wiring
Regulatory documents on the distribution of wires collected in the SNiP.85. It is best to study them in detail once, so that you do not have to redo everything later. These are the main points, which should be guided when carrying out the work:
- Strokes (cavity) must be made horizontally or vertically. No oblique lines must be present. The only exception is when the wiring must be laid on the walls with a slope, for example, the attic. Then the line can run parallel to the slope of the wall.
- The groove can only be turned once between two electrical points. Each turn is a bend in the cable, which in these places will heat up more. Such conditions can lead to dangerous situations.
- Stroe have size limitations. The maximum permissible width of the groove is 30 mm and the maximum permissible depth is 26 mm. The total length of the route from the junction box to a specific point should not exceed 3 meters.
- Be sure to respect the indentation: from the battery and gas pipes. at least 40 cm from the door. 10 cm, and from the ceiling and floor at least 5 cm, although it is desirable, still stick to 10 cm.
- Doing screwdriving on internal walls is forbidden. The thickness of the outer walls from the shallow groove will not affect, but the load-bearing partitions need to take permission from the municipal authority. This is especially true for panel houses. Driving through the walls for wiring on the first floors must be made with great care. the lower walls hold up not only the roof, but also the entire building.
- Do not touch reinforced concrete structures when wiring them up. This can entail a violation of the integrity of the structure and, consequently, the loss of its reliability. If absolutely necessary, the grooves in the reinforced concrete must be shallow and the reinforcement mesh must not be touched.
- When making grooves in the ceiling. it is necessary to calculate the shortest path to the point of lighting.
- It is forbidden to make tunnels in the floor slab. If it is necessary to conduct wiring on the floor, then the best solution is to do it in a concrete screed. It must be poured with a calculation on the grooves for the wires.
- Brick walls are easier to shlot than concrete walls. This should be considered when choosing a tool and have the appropriate skills.
- When shrovelling it is necessary to protect the respiratory tract from dust with a mask or respirator.
Important! Drilling always occurs with increased noise effects. The whole house will hear your work, thanks to the inevitable vibrations of the walls. Therefore, such work should be carried out on weekdays from 10 to 17 hours. Then the understanding of the tenants will save your nerves in the neighbor’s repair.
There are four basic ways to make grooves. The main difference between them is in the use of tools and resulting technologies of application.
- A hammer and chisel. The disadvantage of this method is the inconvenience of working with “grandfather’s” tools. Even with good craftsmanship comes out long and with crooked lines. The cost can be called a huge plus. it is cheap.
- Impact drill (percussion drill). Minus. jagged edge jigsaws. Pros. fast process and relative cleanliness at work.
- angle grinder. Disadvantages. a large amount of dust, which is difficult to collect even with a construction vacuum cleaner. Pluses. smooth pits in a short period of time.
- Stitch cutter. Minus. the high cost of the tool. For a single use is too expensive. Pros. fast, not so noisy, smooth edges of the joints, no dust.
Preparing and marking the work surface
First of all, you have to check the walls for old wiring. There are special testers and indicators, the principle of which is based on a common circuit of electricity. It looks like this. from the common switch to the electrical point, for example, a socket fit two wires. phase and zero. The phase current goes from the switch to the point all the time, regardless of whether something is connected there or not. The neutral wire is energized only when the appliance is on. Only then does current flow back to the circuit breaker. Indicators are catching the phase wire. In many indicators on top there is a special light that lights up when the target. This stage of preparation is necessary to protect yourself from electric shock.
After checking it is necessary to draw a future route on the wall. from the junction box to each connection point.
Before you begin, be sure to drape the doorways with a damp cloth or building film. Do not rely on a tightly closed door. small particles of dust will still find a loophole.
How to drill a wall angle grinder without dust
How to tap a wall for wiring: step by step instructions
With the need to make a hole in the wall faces virtually anyone who has decided to engage in repair of their own apartment, cottage or house.
This, part of the repair is made if during the repair it is necessary to make a new electrical wiring or change the old, to lay pipes or other communications.
What this process is for?
Most often, the main purpose of drilling is to give the room an aesthetic look, so that wires and other communications were hidden in the walls and do not even look out.
Therefore, in modern apartments, wall drilling to conceal the wires is not a mandatory work when performing repairs.
But, in addition to aesthetic appearance, wall rewriting in the premises helps to correctly use their area, the method of comfortable non-optimal location of openings, furniture and other household items.
Peculiarities of work depending on the material of the walls
The peculiarity of the concrete is that concrete has a high strength.
Often there is a question: whether it is possible to carry out shrovelling load-bearing walls in a panel house? You can, but there are peculiarities.
When you make a hole in a load-bearing wall, special attention should be paid to the reinforcement, which is located in the wall. Avoid damaging it, as this can lead to corrosion of the metal and possible weakening of the supporting structures. In order to avoid damaging the armature you need to use a metal detector.
The easiest, affordable option to work without dust is wetting. That is, the surface with which you will have to work. brick, concrete, and so on, before the work must be wet. over, it is not necessary to use something large, cumbersome, professional. a normal sprayer will do for this purpose. In its absence. a plastic bottle with holes in the lid. Flowers used to be watered with such a device, creating a peculiar watering can. Or even a child’s water pistol.
The essence of the method is that it is necessary to produce a wetting immediately before work, so that the dust gets wet and can not fly away. But as a man naturally has two hands, he will need a helper. After all, he will be working with an angle grinder. Therefore, a tandem of two people for this work is ideal. The only inconvenience: instead of dust there will be a dirty slurry. It is worth remembering.
Tools for rewriting the walls
When home repair, many people are faced with the question. how to ream the concrete wall for wiring, with their own hands. There are various tools for this, specifically about which will be described below.
The hammer and chisel are ideal partners
This work is performed in separate steps. First, you need to chisel one or two widths of its spike to mark the edges of the joints. Then, with the point across the groove, you must knock out a small piece of the wall to depth. Then you can act in two ways. first remove the entire top layer of the intended recess and only then knock out the depth of the groove, or “dig” deeper to the end after every centimeter of the removed top layer.
Important! With a hammer and chisel to make a chisel in the concrete is almost unreal.
Peorator. Also known as an impact drill
You need three bits. two bits of different lengths and a spatula. to make a hole with this tool. First drill a hole 2 cm deep.5 cm along the entire length of the marked line. They must be evenly spaced at a distance of 1-1.5 cm apart. Then, changing the auger to the trowel, go over the furrow from point to point, forming a continuous groove. The penetrator works quickly and cleanly. And when the work is finished, you get a pipeline of a given depth and width. And the unattractive appearance can later be masked with putty.
Important! Do not place the trowel across the furrow. Otherwise, an unplanned piece of wall may break off.
Universal angle grinder
In order to use an angle grinder for grinding, it needs a diamond disc. High-quality cutting with such a disc is particularly accurate and in the process does not leave any chips or cracks on the working material. An important factor is also to reduce the noise level.
First you need to make parallel notches, which will be a clear boundary of the future intrenchment. The width between them should correspond to the standard dimensions necessary for laying cable. Then, using a chisel or a gritter, deepen the furrow to the desired size. The differences between the previous methods are essentially minimal. However, the edges of the jamb are smooth. This is very important when damage to the wall material is to be reduced to “zero”. But, consider that the angle grinder gives a lot of dust, which in a short time can cover the entire room. To avoid this, you can engage a person with a construction (not household)!) with a vacuum cleaner, which will keep the suction pipe close to the source of dust.
Pliers, or how to plumb the wall for wiring without dust
Stroborez is a tool that has absorbed and modified all the advantages of angle grinder, necessary for cutting grooves in the wall. It has two diamond wheels, the distances of which can be adjusted, depending on the desired size of the furrow. The special heavy-duty hood covers both circuits from above by more than half. And when the circles go into the wall, this cover, completely adjacent to the wall, isolates the cutting space. And the resulting dust is pulled out through the provided outlet for a vacuum cleaner. After sawing the edges, the surplus material must still be removed with the rotary tool. However, the edges will turn out perfectly smooth and without unnecessary dust. The main disadvantage is the price of the tool, which for home conditions will be too excessive.
The process of drilling with various tools
Now you can safely get to work. However, the manipulations that you will perform, will depend on the tool that you have chosen as a result. Here are the detailed operating sequences for everyone 4 options voiced.
Chiseling with a hammer and chisel
Above we noted why this method is the most tedious and inconvenient. However, if you are not dealing with concrete, but with a brick wall, then it is quite possible to successfully formalize the gutters and in this elementary way. What you need to do?
- first make small indentations on the edges of the proposed hole;
- Place the tool along the groove and methodically hammer into it;
- Remove the top layer along the already marked line;
- Make a groove all the way down to the required 2.5 cm;
- After you have succeeded in penetrating the walls for wiring in this way, clean the completed grooves from dust and treat them with primer;
- As soon as the primer dries, put the necessary wire in the groove and seal it with plaster or gypsum, and then. putty.
Use a feather duster
Now you will learn how to tap the walls, if you have at hand only a peorator. In contrast to the previous method discussed above, not only concrete and brick walls can be successfully drilled with this tool, but also to drill tile on the wall. All you need is a wide and short auger, as well as a shovel. These are special attachments, without which your peorator loses almost all its usefulness in this process.
- along the entire length of the future groove for wiring make holes 2.5 cm deep, the distance between them must be kept. at least 1 cm
- with the help of a spatula perform the device groove, try not to put the spatula across the groove. otherwise there is a risk of chipping off unnecessary fragments of the wall.
Everything is done very quickly, but no matter how neat you are, the resulting groove will be somewhat jagged.
Angle grinder. fast, but dusty
Having an angle grinder at hand helps to cope with the task as accurately and beautifully as possible. And it doesn’t matter if you have a concrete base, smooth brick surface or even a well plastered surface. But the dust from its use is enormous.
- Get a diamond disk, because you won’t succeed without it;
- Begin the process by making two notches along the length of the grommet. observe the parallelism and the necessary parameters: the depth and width of 2 to 2.5 centimeters;
- Remove the central part with a chisel and hammer, a torch may also help.
In contrast to all of the above methods of drilling, use of angle grinder with a diamond disk allows you to ensure that the final groove for wiring will look perfect. And with dust will help to cope building vacuum cleaner. but for this you need to enlist the support of a partner, who will keep the vacuum cleaner turned on during the performance of strobing.
Using a hole saw
It makes no practical sense to describe the process in detail. everything is self-explanatory. The following video shows how quickly and easily it turns out to drill through walls with this somewhat “magic” tool.
True, behind the so-called magic is an elaborate technical device:
- the two diamond wheels are covered by a separate guard, which overlaps the point of contact with the wall;
- by adjusting the position of the cover it is possible to determine the required penetration depth.
The only drawback of the tool we have already mentioned above. high cost. But you have to pay for convenience, right??
Block: 5/7 | Number of characters: 3640
How to get rid of dust when shredding
Professional builders when working on laying wiring inside walls use equipment with a built-in vacuum cleaner. But the cost of such a tool is high, and it does not make sense to buy it for a single event. To prtrobit wall chisel without additional options, without creating a cloud of dust, masters have to go to different tricks. The easiest way is to abundantly moisten the treated surface with water. Small particles can be gathered with a simple household vacuum cleaner.
To ream the angle grinder without dust, use the technology of wet cutting concrete. It consists of a continuous flow of water to the cutting disc through the attached hose. You can use a handy, which will simply water the disk and the cutting area from a plastic container. At the same time it should be careful, the liquid must not get on the power tool.
The following measures will help to reduce the dustiness of the room:
After the strokes are made, the debris is swept away with a broom and vacuumed up. The hole is treated with soil, laid and secured the cable. The channel is sealed with putty, plaster or gypsum.
To spend electric wires it is possible and without aperture of walls. This option is attractive complete absence of dust. In the trade network there are many different products, allowing not only to disguise the open wiring, but also to enliven the design of the room. These include:
If there is a need to replace wiring without laying a new one, you can use the existing channels.
Small particles of concrete and sand-lime brick should not get on mucous membranes or in the respiratory tract. Therefore, it is necessary to use protection in the form of goggles and a respirator when carrying out work. If there is furniture in the room, it is also better to cover it with a film or cloth.
How to do chisels without dust with a chisel cutter
The disadvantage of both methods is that a lot of dust is generated when working with a tool. Always cover all objects in the room beforehand. Otherwise, to clean the room even with a fairly effective construction vacuum cleaner would be problematic and take at least several hours. People who are principled that their home was clean after the overhaul, pick up specially designed for this purpose tools.
Stroborezami. devices, which in their functionality are quite similar to the usual angle grinder. Nevertheless, there are certain differences, thanks to which a cloud of dust is not formed when drilling holes. In particular, special diamond circles are built into stitch cutters. There is a casing, which not only protects against damage, but also allows you to adjust the distance between the circles and, consequently, the resulting grooves. Also, many slot cutters have an automatic depth control. That is, you can set the right parameter and effortlessly make holes. Convenience is that the grommets have small vacuum cleaners located in the casing. Exactly they do not give out of tool dust, and keep a premise clean. The disadvantage is that such tools have a decent cost, about the same as an angle grinder. For disposable work, of course, buying them will be a bit expensive.
Peorator and angle grinder used for making grids often, however, even with the choice of low power and cover objects do not guarantee that the room will remain clean. Grommets are much more efficient, but may be discouraged by their high cost.