Such a hinge of any kind is not just a seat, but an entire device consisting of several parts. Depending on the type of adapter, these parts are attached to each other in different numbers and in different order. Thus, the rear and front units are made in almost the same way, but they differ in the way of final attachment and the method of coupling itself.
With movable joint
This type of adapter is easier and faster to make at home with your own hands.
- On a square 180cm long piece of the same steel plate, but measuring 60cm long, is welded across.
- The frame and wheels are fitted with struts and fastened using sleeves. To strengthen the main frame, an additional steel beam is welded to it.
- The channel No10 is used to create an additional beam. It is made according to drawings and using a welding machine.
- The frame created in the previous step is welded to the wheel axle. Use a small piece of square metal girder or a steel angle as the connecting element.
- The first control lever, which has 3 knees, is installed on the frame. On the lever to install an additional arm, but smaller in size. All the work is carried out with a welding machine.
- Screw the two arms together securely.
When the main lifting mechanism of the adapter is ready, you can start its direct assembly and connection of the equipment with the power tiller itself.
- On the central frame, a support is welded to the future seat, which is made from a piece of steel tube.
- On top of it with a welder perpendicularly fasten another two similar sections of pipe. This design allows the seat to be attached to the power tiller as securely as possible and to minimize the vibration and jolting during the power tiller operation.
- Next, the pieces of pipe are connected by welding to the frame, and the seat itself is attached to them with self-tapping screws or bolts. For extra security, the bolts can also be screwed into the seat support, not just into the frame.
- To the front of the resulting adapter is welded ready coupling device.
18CY 18HP Side steering wheel transport tractor
After completing these works, the adapter is fully ready for further use. If everything has been done correctly, you should get a four-wheeled mini-tractor, easy and convenient to work.
Such self-made adapter is even faster to produce than its previous variant. But it is worth knowing that such a variant involves the use of more different angles and pipes. One more thing. such an attachment is made on the basis of a frame with a ready-made fork and bushing. It is its presence that will further allow the motoblock to rotate freely from the steering action. The sequence of operations will be as follows.
- The frame is made of steel of the selected length and thickness. Using an angle grinder cut blanks of the sheet of the required size, and then fasten them to each other with bolts or screws.
- The creation of the running gear should be based on where the motor of the unit itself is located. If it is in front, then the main criterion is the size of the main wheels. That is, the size of the track should be based on it. The wheels are attached only to the rear. They are welded to the axle. If the motor is in the back, the distance between the wheels should be wider. Here, the standard ones are removed from the motoblock, and in their place are installed the same ones as on the adapter.
- The axle itself is created from a tube, and the bearings with bushings are pressed onto its ends.
- The steering wheel is either the same as a car, or the same as a motorcycle. There is no fundamental difference. Experienced craftsmen recommend removing the ready-made steering wheel from the vehicle and already fixing it to the adapter base. It is quite difficult to make the steering by yourself, especially for a beginner. It is worth noting that the motorcycle steering wheel creates great inconvenience in the back of the power tiller. And this factor should always be taken into account.
- If an all-metal frame is used, the steering control will be connected to the front of the machine itself. If you make a special additional support. articulated-joint, the control will rotate the additional frame completely. In this case, two gears are used: one is installed on the steering column and the other is installed on the upper half-frame.
- The next step is to install the seat. As in the case of making the previous type of adapter, it can either be pre-made or made by hand. It must be attached with a welding machine to the rear frame of this attachment.
- If you later plan to use the upgraded single axle tractor for installation of a removable tool, it is necessary to attach another bracket with a welding machine. An additional hydraulic system should also be created. The easiest thing to do is to remove it from any kind of small agricultural equipment and weld it to your own single-axle tractor.
- It is necessary to weld a towbar to the rear part of the main frame. It is necessary in those cases where you plan to use a single-axle tractor to transport some small loads. If the use of a trailer or semi-trailer is not planned, this step can be skipped.
- The final step is coupling. For this purpose, small holes are drilled in the steering column, into which self-tapping screws and brackets are inserted. It is with their help that the hitch itself is attached under the steering column.
Perhaps the step-by-step description of making such a device with your own hands may seem complicated. However, with detailed diagrams and drawings, this problem completely disappears. In order for the created adapter to be functional and durable in use, it is necessary to weld all the main elements correctly and pay special attention to the normal operation of the brakes.
If for the creation of an improved seat for a power tiller were used ready-made drawings, before their embodiment in reality it is necessary to correlate the dimensions of all parts with the dimensions of the main parts of your power tiller and, if necessary, be sure to adjust them.
You can classify adapters with steering by the type of arrangement of the wheels. The steering gear is designed as a separate unit. The wheels with a steering drive option can be positioned in the front and in the rear. As for the position of the steering drive, it depends on the design and spare parts, because during operation you can not avoid repair and replacement of worn parts.
Models with a front-mounted adapter are called front steering varieties. In such modifications, the engine is a kind of a prime mover for the whole unit. If the adapter is on the back and the power tiller has to pull it behind you, such a device is called a reverse drive. In other words, if the adapter is in front of the tiller. it is a front-type product, and if it is behind. it is a rear-type product.
The choice of one or another option the buyer himself, based on his own preferences.
For example, the front version is more suitable for loosening and plowing the cultivated soil. Here, in addition to the power of motor equipment, there is no need to review the site. If it is necessary to perch the cultivated crop, then the rear counterpart is better suited for such purposes.
However, you can look closely at the version where the adapter is closer to the driving axle. The weight of the operator in this case will create an additional load, preventing the power tiller from jumping out of the ground while the machine is working.
On the basis of the species, we can classify adapters into body and non-body ones. The first option allows the transportation of goods, while the second one is better suited for tillage. Depending on the power of the unit, dock adapters with the power tiller by means of a long or short drawbar. The first modifications are used on heavy equipment, the second is used on light equipment.
How to make an adapter for a power tiller with your own hands?
Small means of agricultural equipment, such as motor blocks, cultivators and mini-tractors greatly facilitate the work of people. But in the pursuit of perfection, even such units are subjected to modernization. In particular, manufacturers or owners themselves equip them with adapters. special seats that make the use of such equipment more comfortable and less energy-intensive. There are motor blocks, already equipped with such a device, but there are also models without it. But an adapter with steering or with a movable joint can be made with your own hands. How to do this work properly will be described in detail below.
Structurally, it is similar to the previous type of adapter, but it has a coupling mechanism at the back. This means that we get a full front adaptor for the Neva brand motorblock. The presented design is completely disassembled, which greatly simplifies its subsequent transportation. Naturally, the cost of any additions to the unit is formed separately.
Technical characteristics of the front adapter:
- length. 190 cm;
- width. 81 cm;
- Height. 140 cm;
- ground clearance. 30 cm;
- wheel track. 75 cm;
- speed figures. ok. 10 km / h;
- total weight. 65 kg.
Varieties of adapters for power tillers
Such attachments help to turn the single-axle tractor into something like a mini-tractor. It connects the tool and all the extras: planting nozzle, ploughing, ploughing, etc.д. If you install an adapter to the power tiller, then all the gardening and garden work is greatly simplified, as automated. It also helps to increase the operating speed up to 10 km/h.
Adapter design looks like the back of the cart with a seat.
Some models may have a special lever for lifting. It contributes to more comfortable operation of the machine. If necessary, a single-axle tractor can also be used to transport small loads. Depending on the application for which the machine will be used, the drawbars can be lengthened or shortened. In the first case, they are used for larger machines, and in the second. for lighter structures.
Drawbars of more advanced models may be of telescopic type, and have a track width adjustment option.
To attach an adapter to a power tiller, you use a single enlarged hitch consisting of two parts: the first is a connecting link and the second is a regulator. If there is a need to equip the machine with several implements at the same time, a double universal drawbar is used.
It is possible to make a more complex design or a simplified one. Both variants are shown below.
For the simplest version of the adapter you will need:
- rectangular cross-section pipe;
- welding machine;
- channel 0, length 40 cm;
- fixing bolts;
The assembly stage is as follows:
- First of all, the pipe is cut into 1.7 m and 0.5 m sections. A shorter tube is welded strictly perpendicularly to the end of the longer one. This will be the base for fixing the wheel struts. Immediately it is worth to make a mark of 30 cm, which will indicate the height of the racks from the axis.
- Next, the wheels are attached to the bushings, which are made, if necessary, using a lathe. You don’t need to buy new wheels, but you can use the old ones from the garden cart. On the bushings first mount the bearings, and then weld the struts on the center tube and bushings. The length should be oriented to the angle of inclination relative to the design.
- The frame is made in the dimensions 40×40 cm, but these dimensions can be increased or decreased if necessary. To arrange attachments, a channel is welded to the rear end of the frame. Side tubes are connected by bolts. A lever should also be installed on the frame. It can have three “elbow” lengths: 0.2, 0.3 and 0.5 m. To increase the force of adjustment, you should install an additional lever (length 75 cm).
- Often hitch assemblies are purchased in stores. But here it is worth noting right away that this element must be of high quality. Therefore, if you plan to do it yourself, then this quality is paid special attention.
- The seat is attached to the metal support, which must be pre-welded to the base of the frame, that is, the central tube.
Any work on a land plot takes a lot of time and effort. That’s why gardeners are increasingly using special equipment, such as power tillers. But you can’t do everything with this machine. Without a special adapter you can’t weed or plow the ground, or remove snow and debris. A cart with a seat for a power tiller is now quite expensive. However, there is a way out. In our article you will learn how you can make a homemade adapter for a power tiller with your own hands without much effort.
How to make a steering system on a mini tractor with your own hands
Steering on a mini tractor differs from the usual automobile schemes lack of suspension. The tractor is cushioned by the wheels and the spring-loaded driver’s seat. There are no brakes on the front steering wheels. This allows you to get by with a simple control circuitry when making your own. This material examines the steering of the front wheels. The fractured steering circuit is made with other parts and a different schematic diagram.
Components of a homemade steering circuit (variations are possible when determining a specific set of parts):
- steering wheel;
- steering shaft with bearings;
- cardan connection of the steering shaft with the steering wheel flange;
- supports for steering shaft bearings;
- Steering rack assembly or steering gear;
- steering rods with ball joints;
- Rotary knuckles with half axles;
- necessary elements for fixing the steering parts. brackets, hardware.
On the example of formerly used parts of VAZ classics or eighth or tenth families, consider making a steering mini tractor.
The preparatory stage of making an adapter
Adapter has a simple design, but the procedure of its manufacture can not be called simple. Initially it is necessary to take into account the drawings and dimensions, which will help to create a fixture without defects.
You need to get the following materials and tools:
- An electric drill;
- Electric hacksaw;
- A file;
- Steel sheet with a thickness of 5 mm;
- A few square tubes with a diameter of one inch;
- A set of fasteners.
The key elements of the design are made as follows:
- Coupling. It is installed on the frame and fixed with bolts. The coupling is two welded parts of square pipes and a part of a water pipe. The latter is inserted into the stem with a welded tee;
- Assembly for fixing the wheels. Two pieces of pipe with a length of 10 centimeters are welded at right angles. The horizontal piece is inserted into a mounting tube and securely fastened with a bolt. The axle and bearings with wheels are mounted on the vertical workpiece.
When all the tools are prepared, the main parts are made, you can assemble the adapter.
The structure of a power tiller
By design, the 4×4 adapter, which is designed for the Neva motor-block, is a rather simple device. It includes several fundamental parts:
- frame construction on which other accessories can be mounted;
- driver’s seat;
- wheel base, including the wheel axle;
- Mechanism for connecting the power tiller and including.
In other words, the adapter is an ordinary cart with a seat that attaches to the power tiller.
Motoblocs come in different brands and designs. Russian users know, for example: Caiman, Prorab, VIKING, Crosser, Texas, Patriot and others. After coupling the power tiller and adapter, the resulting device in terms of functionality can be compared to a mini-tractor, however, such a comparison is somewhat relative, because the power will remain the same, because the engine is still the same, and it is from the power tiller.
over, it is possible to attach auxiliary attachments to the adapter, which further expands the potential list of jobs. Some varieties of adapters are equipped with special compartments where you can place any loads. There are also models that are equipped with a lifting arm, which greatly simplifies the work with the additional device.
How to make an adapter to a power tiller with your own hands?
Adapters for power tillers, namely for “Neva”, in special stores are presented in a wide range. You can choose for yourself the best option, but the cost will still be quite high.
On the Internet you can find a large number of different schemes, as well as tips from those who have already made a homemade adapter to the motor-block “Neva”. The work is not so complicated, so even a beginner who has the necessary materials, tools and a desire to improve their own equipment with their own hands can cope with it.
You will need, first of all, a single-axle tractor itself, as well as such equipment:
- Two good wheels;
- comfortable seat;
- Corners, sheets and pipes made of steel;
- Apparatus for welding elements;
- additional tools.
The work process includes such basic steps:
- Working out the kinematic scheme. You can take a suitable one from the Internet, and then it is finished exactly for yourself, or you can make new drawings with your own hands. It is important to pay enough attention to ensure the balance of the entire structure;
- Making the main frame. It is important to provide a fork with a bushing so that the trailer can turn;
- Making the body. Here you can also buy a suitable adapter or make your own. The base will serve as a sheet of steel, with the sides should be at least 30 centimeters high;
- Fixing the seat. You should mount it at a distance of about 80 centimeters from the front end of the frame;
- Mounting the attachments;
- Test. Be sure to test the whole construction to see if it is flawed or incorrect. You will have everything tweaked or finished right away;
- Painting. This is necessary so that the metal parts do not rust.
If you decided to make your own adapter, it means you value your health and want to improve the possibilities of your power tiller. Minitractors are very expensive nowadays that’s why many craftsmen find a way out of the situation using almost improvised materials. You can save on both the purchase of components and the purchase of factory equipment.