How to choose?
Making the choice of a snow thrower, you should pay attention to the material of the working area. It must be steel of at least three millimeters thickness.
Now let’s pass to other parameters.
- Grip height and width. If you do not foresee a complete clearing of the site, but only the opportunity to make a path in the snow drifts from the gate to the garage, from the house to the outbuildings, most of the products on sale will do. Most often you can find the span of 50-70 centimeters. In most cases, the technique is able to function in the snow drifts of a depth of 15-20 inches, there are devices for 50-centimeter drifts.
- Snow removal. Removed snow mass is removed by means of snow drainage. To what extent will be comfortable to clean the snow masses with a snow thrower, depends, by and large, from the characteristics of the pipe snow thrower. The distance the snow masses are thrown and the snow thrower’s steering angle are important. Snow throwers are able to throw snow from 5 to 15 meters at an angle of 90-95 degrees to the side, relative to the direction of travel.
- Speed of rotation of the auger conveyor. Some snow throwers have the ability to change the rotation speed of the auger conveyor by adjusting the chain mechanism. This is practical when working with snowdrifts of different height and density.
- The actual speed of the machine. The bulk of snow removal equipment is moving at a speed of 2-4 km / h, and this is enough. Clearing snow masses with a power tiller at a speed of 5-7 km/h is uncomfortable, because the worker gets into the epicenter of the “snow cyclone”, visibility is reduced.
How is a snow blower for a power tiller constructed?
If we consider the models that are on sale, the principle of their work is approximately as follows: the device consists of an engine, front blades, which produce a snow shovel and rotor unit inside the mechanism. Due to the work of the engine, an auger rotates, which breaks the layer of snow in front of itself and rakes its crushed parts. The rotor blades, picking up the snow, feed it into the device, and then push it through the outlet pipe to a distance of several meters.
Such two-stage construction is quite convenient in operation, however, it is more typical for ready-made devices and in case of self-sufficient realization it has some difficulties. Therefore, when it comes to making a snowplow for a power tiller with your own hands, it is better to use a simplified mechanism.
a single-axle tractor with a two-stage snow blower
There are many options for making devices independently: someone uses blades located on the auger to throw snow, and someone, on the contrary, prefers to use a rotor, while simply shoveling the snow yourself with a bucket. In any case, both variants can greatly facilitate the process of snow removal.
Independently decide on the type of snowplow from a power tiller, which you want to make quite simple. There are only three basic types of devices: auger, rotary and two-stage. Considering one or another variant of manufacture, you will understand what their differences are and be able to make the right choice for yourself.
Homemade snow blower for power tiller, description and principle of the robot
Let’s look at the characteristics and principles of the rotary snowblower. After all, we have to do it later! Why rotary?? Because rotary snow blowers are the most powerful when it comes to throwing distance. Rotary snow throwers loosened snow at a distance of up to 10-12 meters.
Servicing A Kubota 3pt Snow Blower
The snow blower is a welded metal body, inside which the auger shaft is placed. The shaft is the main working organ of this device. Also keep in mind that you will need a steering and hitching device, as well as drive parts.
So, through a system of adapters, the rotary snow thrower for the tiller is driven by the rear PTO shaft of the power tiller. When buying a snowblower adapters are always included, but since you will be making your own snowblower, you need to buy them separately.
The principle of operation of the machine is to move the snow mass into the cavity of the device by means of an auger-rotor mechanism. The work of this mechanism is carried out through the connection of the snowblower shaft to the shaft of the motoblock by means of a belt. Also, you’ll need an impeller. The impeller is a mechanism inside the equipment that rotates and ejects the snow through a specially adapted cavity outward to a distance of 10 meters (at least).
Homemade snow blower working principle video
The shaft is the tube around which the toothed, spiral-shaped mechanism, the auger, rotates. Secure the shaft to bearings to reduce torque losses on the shaft. Metal toothed auger should be made with multi-directional helical impellers for effective cleaning. A snow scraper plate is attached to the bottom of the bucket.
A standard “store” snow blower with an auger, shaft and impellers at the bottom for your study:
Screw rotor mounted snow thrower has a metal body, inside of which there is a shaft. The shaft has a specially shaped steel plate auger blade. The shaft is mounted in bearings which allow it to rotate.
You can see the rotor inside. Above the rotor is a revolving nozzle. It can be rotated to either side. For attaching the auger snow blower, there is a hitch inside which the power take-off shaft (PTO) of the power tiller is placed.
The torque is transmitted to the actuators. As the auger shaft rotates and moves forward, the snow is captured by the blades and moves from the periphery to the center. As the snow mass moves along the augers, it breaks up and changes its structure, so it will be easy to toss it aside.
The auger’s power take-off shaft carries the snow to the rotor blades. Here its translational motion is converted into rotary motion. It receives tangential acceleration and is ejected through a pipe in a given direction: to the right or to the left in the course of the snowthrower. Here the operator directs the deflector so that the cleared snow does not interfere with the operation.
How to make a snowplow for a power tiller
It consists of a power tiller with an adapter, to which the snowplow head is attached, which is a homemade blade (like a bulldozer), and which clears snow drifts. As a blade, a sharpened metal plate is used to cut the layer of snow, haul it away and throw it aside.
Parts of the blade are cut from sheet steel and welded together. A blade is welded to the bottom. The blade is attached to the main unit using booms (2) and brackets (3). Attached to the eyelets of the blade and through rollers or metal pipes are led to the control handles.
Using a mechanism without an adapter is ineffective.
In fact, it is a snowplow attachment on a single-axle tractor. An auger (rotor) mechanism is attached to the block, which consists of:
- an open box;
- pipes for snow discharge;
- gearbox (is not always put);
- gear mechanism (sprocket with chain), which is not visible in this figure.
Homemade snowplow attachment to a power tiller of this type is made of metal sheets and pipes.
The box is welded from sheet material. The lower ends of the box are bent to get a semblance of a ski. On a shaft made of a pipe of at least 5 cm in diameter, in the middle is welded grab, consisting of two individual U-shaped bent plates, turned 180 degrees with respect to each other.
A screw made of 4 rings is welded to them, two on each side. The rings are cut from the sheet, cut on one side, and their ends are opened up to the size of the diameter, and the end of one is welded or riveted to the beginning of the other.
One end of the ring is welded to the blade of the grab, and the second end is reinforced by a strip of steel, welded to the shaft with one side and the other at a distance of 5-10 cm from the free end.
A circular or square hole is cut behind the grabber, into which a bent pipe of the appropriate caliber is welded. The distance between the back wall of the box and the gripper blades, when they approach the hole, should be minimal.
The shaft rotates in bearings, which are fixed in glasses on the sides of the box and comes out of the box at 5-10 cm. At its end, a sprocket or a system of sprockets is welded (to change speeds) and connected to the motoblock with a chain.
Homemade snow blower for a motor-block Favorit
Fan snowblower for power tiller with his own hands looks like this:
- drum with a bearing, in which the impeller axle is pressed; in the upper part of the drum (in the upper left sector, according to the figure), a hole is cut through for snow;
- impeller, with the blades parallel to the axis of rotation;
- guide blades, sharpened and welded to the drum;
- The box-tube is made of steel sheet and welded to the drum.
The axle protrudes from the drum and through a system of gears (pulleys with a belt, sprockets with a chain, gears) is connected to the shaft of the engine or gearbox.
Snow, passing on rails, falls on the blades of the impeller, which, rotating, ejects it through an opening in the box-pipe.
View 4Screw-fan machine for snow removal
Each type of attachment described in this article has its pros and cons. A special apparatus has been developed for greater efficiency.
If in the screw version (second type, according to our classification) instead of the ejection tube an impeller (of the third type) is welded to the outlet opening, we obtain a unit that combines the advantages of both systems. The snow is cut with the auger and pushed into the rotor drum and kicked out through the pipe by the impeller.
The auger shaft is fitted with a pipe and two trunnions. On the tube is welded half-disk (8 pieces) of two-millimeter steel, creating two intersecting spirals. You can also take a ready-made auger from a defective piece of equipment. On the shaft are pressed bearings of matching diameter, which are recessed into the cups on the sides of the box.
On one side of the box the shaft protrudes 10-15 cm for fixing the sprocket or gear (see Fig. 1). variant two).
The impeller rotates in two bearings. The blades are made of steel 3-4 mm. The edges and ends of the blades should be bent at an angle of 90 degrees for better capture of snow. You can use a metal or aluminum pot or a washer tank as the body of the rotor. A belt transmission pulley is mounted on the shaft, on the back side of the rotor.
Do not make more than 5 blades. the snow will be blocked in the middle and the machine will stop.
The box is welded or riveted together from 2 mm sheet steel. To prevent the sweeper from burying, it is necessary to make skis. As skis can be used two steel strips bent at the front, they will need to be welded to the bottom.
The pipe is made in the form of a bent parallelepiped or cylinder and is welded in parts. You can also use unbent pipes, but then you will have to provide a slope of about 30-45 degrees.
Snow thrower for power tiller: features, applications and popular models
Manufacturers have developed special equipment for snow removal, designed for power tillers. This technique allows you to get rid of any snow drifts in the shortest possible time and requires a small space for storage. In addition, such a device does not have an inflated cost, and it is easy to use.
Features of snow throwers, principles of operation, the best manufacturers and tips on installing attachments. more about everything.
Snowblower for a motor-block: the principle of operation and the basics of self-assembly
Along with the onset of cold weather, owners of country houses are forced to take up snow removal again and again. The article will describe how to make a snowplow for a power tiller with your own hands, the principle of operation, characteristics and features. As well as tips and advice on choosing the best option among the models on the market.
single-axle tractor is often equipped with a special attachment for snow clearing
Any work can only be done with tools, so it is advisable to have:
- electric drill. without it it is impossible to make holes of a given diameter in the right places;
- riveting machine. will help to create strong unbreakable connections in the sheet material;
- Electric welder. will be required for welding the frame, as well as individual units;
- angle grinder. will be used for cutting steel workpieces, as well as for deburring welded joints;
- metal scissors;
- Measuring tool. used for marking and controlling the parameters of the parts, as well as the whole snowplow (usually a caliper, roulette and ruler is enough);
- Manual tools for fixing parts and temporary fasteners. will allow you to perform the work qualitatively and with minimal effort;
- building block. even the simplest one, made of wooden bars, will help to simplify the assembly process, the construction of the snowplow has a spatial design, which must be assembled by fixing individual parts and assemblies in different places.
About power tillers and attachments.
Homemade snow thrower for power tiller
Agricultural machinery stores sell different mechanisms for work not only in the field, but also on the street. Snowplow implements for power tillers are also for sale. All these mechanisms cope with their work perfectly, and there are few complaints about them.
But they cost unreasonably expensive, and not everyone has the opportunity to buy them. Therefore, artisanal people develop their analogues of industrial mechanisms and snowplows, in particular, and make them in home workshops.
First of all, you should know that there are only four basic types of snow blowers:
- Bulldozer type. A dozer blade is installed at the front.
- Auger. The snow is grabbed and moved by the auger to the opening of the snow discharge pipe.
- Fan-blade. The snow falls on the blades of the fan, is lifted by them to the inclined tube and flies out through it.
- Air-fan type (vacuum cleaner principle). The mass of snowflakes stuck together is drawn in by the air jet and ejected from the other side.
In the countryside, unlike in the city, where all four types are used, snow removal is carried out by power tillers, made by the first three variants. The latter requires a high-powered engine.
Installation and operation
Attaching the snowblower to the power tiller
Before you install the snow blower on a single-axle tractor, it is necessary to read the factory manual. When operating, choose the speed of movement, follow the adjustment of the guiding visor, so that the flying mass does not damage the passers-by and the windows of buildings.
Before clearing snow, attach the attachment to a special trailing unit on the frame of the traction unit. Algorithm of actions:
- If the implement is in the shape of a bracket, remove the pin, attach the attachment, and reattach it. Bolt the construction together.
- Remove the pulley guard on the PTO. Using the V-belt join the PTO pulley and the snowplow head pulley. Tension the pulley by means of the regulating mechanism.
- Fit the guard and check manually that there is no friction by turning the mechanism.
- You can start to work. Do not forget to periodically check the reliability of the coupling, because human safety depends on it, as well as the performance of the machine.
Snow blower attachments are one of the most popular types of attachments designed for small agricultural and garden equipment: power tillers, power tillers and trimmers. According to their design, machines can be of two types.
- to the first include dumps, made in the form of a wide shield. They externally resemble bulldozers and are installed on the front part of the machines. The advantages of such design are: no complicated mechanisms, low cost and ease of operation.The disadvantages include difficulty when using with low-power machines, which is due to the constantly growing snow mass in front of the moldboard, pushing that with poor grip of the wheels on the slippery road is quite problematic.
- The next type of attachments are represented by mechanical auger and rotary models, which, in comparison with the moldboards, are much more common. The advantage of such samples is the complete mechanization of the process, in which the devices not only capture and crush the snow mass, but also throw it away at a decent distance. The disadvantages include the high cost of nozzles and the risk of damage to the auger mechanism if stones or solid debris hit it.