Checking the acceleration function
A small amount of research needs to be done. Initiated by the acceleration of the device. Check that the motor is working properly during the maximum speed. When the engine is functioning properly, it means that when you press the gas pedal, the speed rises quickly to 15,000 rpm.
If not, or if the speed increase is too slow, apply the screw marked L. It turns counterclockwise. Moderate movements must be observed, because the turn cannot be more than 1/8 of a full circle.
Signs of a faulty lubrication system
The right choice of consumable lubricant and smooth operation of the system contribute to full lubrication, effective cooling of the saw equipment and complete elaboration of its resource.
There are several external signs that the chain on a chainsaw is not lubricated. First of all, it is:
- constant oil level in the tank;
- increased load on the engine;
- Wear and tear on the cutting edges of the saw links;
- A distinctive smell of overheated wood.
In the simplest version, the cause of oil starvation can be clogged with sawdust in the oil ducts. This flaw is typical for budget headsets that do not have easy access to the problem areas.
How to disassemble a chainsaw: step-by-step process with photos and video
The technical complexity of any mechanism can be relatively accurately measured by the number of parts interacting in it. The effectiveness of repair and maintenance of the tool, depends on understanding the task of each element, but to follow the step-by-step instructions, it is enough to know the individual terms. In the following, supplemented with a picture, the list popularly demonstrates, what a chainsaw consists of, with the description of the purpose of the main parts in one short phrase (where it will be necessary).
- Fuel tank casing. the basis for mounting the mechanism and controls.
- Shock absorber plug.
- Special screw. stabilizer of shock absorber.
- Rubber shock absorber. 1 of 4 installed.
- Throttle trigger. carburetor throttle control element.
- Throttle rod: curved bar connecting carburetor and throttle trigger.
- Air valve. supplies air into the tank when the fuel volume decreases.
- Fuel filter.
- Fuel hose. conveys fuel from the tank to the carburetor.
- Air filter cover.
- Air filter. protects carburettor from dirt.
- Cylinder head.
- Lever. adjusts carburettor choke position.
- Carburetor. a device for metered flow of air-fuel mixture into the combustion chamber.
- Insulator. effective sealing gasket between carburetor and engine.
- Elbow of carburetor. connecting component.
- Spark plug. provides the spark into the combustion chamber.
- Cylinder. the main part of the engine casing.
- Muffler. reduces noise, dampens sparks, and directs exhaust away from the operator.
- Ignition coil (magneto). generates an electrical impulse transmitted to the spark plug.
- Ignition switch. closes and opens contacts on the coil.
- Flywheel. balances the clutch, performs air precleaning and generates charge in the coil.
- Bearing. secures the crankshaft to the crankcase.
- Crankcase left housing. part of the base to hold the engine and moving mechanism components in place.
- Piston axle. connecting the piston to the crankshaft.
- Crankshaft. converts reciprocating motion of the piston into rotation.
- Oil suction hose. which connects the oil reservoir to the pump.
- Crankcase housing. right.
- Oil pump. pumps oil from reservoir to chain as sprocket rotates.
- Clutch drum. first element of chain contact.
- Clutch. transmits the rotation to the drum when the rpm increases.
- Chain brake knob.
- Tire cover. hides clutch and oil pump (includes tensioning mechanism).
- Chain catcher. winds or engages chain if it breaks.
- Starter. mechanism for manually turning the crankshaft, to create a spark and start the engine.
The components shown above present a complete picture of the construction of a standard gasoline-powered saw. Most of the parts are made up of several smaller pieces, but you should only disassemble them individually if you need to repair a particular component. To get to the engine, the components can be removed in groups without disassembling the tire cover or the starter by the screws. If you want to get a more complete picture of a chainsaw’s components, or to learn about all the parts that make up a particular part, with the full version of the list.
Husqvarna 340/345 oil pump upgrade to 346/350 pump
Chainsaw oil pump assembly
Pumping stations and sewage treatment plants
Admiral plant produces complete pumping stations for water supply, fire-fighting and sewage. Admiral plant site: admiral-omsk.ru
Carbon deposits on contacts
If black soot has accumulated in the gap of the spark plug contacts, you can conclude about a malfunction in the fuel supply, namely. an imbalance between the components of the mixture or bad oil. To eliminate the causes of fouling in the first case, the carburetor should be carefully adjusted, and in the second, the oil should be replaced with a more suitable.
After that you need to remove deposits of carbon from the contacts with an awl or any other sharp tool, and then clean them with a fine sandpaper (better. “nullivka”).
In case the chain saw doesn’t start anyway, you should check if there is a spark between its contacts.