How to improve a single axle tractor with your own hands: refinement and modernization
Buying a single-axle tractor, its happy owner solves most of the problems associated with the processing of land.
Rich set of attachments allows not only to plow the soil qualitatively, but also to cultivate it, remove potatoes, clean the snow and pump water.
You can always buy a dolly for a heavy power tiller which will transform it into a mini truck.
And what should the owners of medium and small power tillers, which are not structurally adapted to carry loads and perform other “tractor” works do?
One thing is for sure: you should not sit around and wait for a miracle. Everyone who understands the mechanics of machines, can make a lot of interesting machines from a motor block.
Why do you need it?
At the moment there are several types of mini machines for cultivating the land:
At the same time, consumers often do not realize that each type of this equipment is designed to solve certain types of work. That is why buyers are guided by price and buy cultivators, as they consider them a cheap version of power tillers.
The epiphany comes as soon as the owner of the cultivator realizes that his cultivator is only able to loosen the soil with cutters, and it is impossible to use attachments while working on this machine for the following reasons:
But the money has already been spent. Therefore, the owner of the cultivator is faced with the question of whether it is possible to convert it into a single-axle tractor.
Unit: 2/4 | Number of characters: 809
Increasing power of a power tiller
Increase the speed of the power tiller can be done in a number of ways:
Increasing the speed by the first method is quite a complicated process. Therefore, without knowledge and skills in this area it is better not to do it on their own and apply to a special service center. If you have the necessary skills, you can make the replacement yourself. Just like any other technique, a single-axle tractor has several speed modes, controlled by gears. A single axle tractor goes at 2 to 15 km/h. The larger gear usually has 61 teeth, and the smaller one has 12. To increase the power of the power tiller the replacement of gear pairs is carried out. The maximum speed can be achieved by increasing the number of teeth on the gear.
When replacing the pinion, be sure to choose the correct pulley. An improperly selected pulley can cause a single-axle tractor to stop working.
How to make a single-axle tractor go faster by changing the wheels? The standard wheel size for power tillers is 57 centimeters.
To increase the speed you can install the tires with a diameter of 70,4 cm, such change will help to speed up the single axle tractor several times. In case the arches, in which the tires are placed, allow you to put the wheels with a larger diameter, you can try to increase by a few more centimeters.
How to assemble a power tiller
Power plant. Electric motor or combustion engine. The electric drive can be taken from an old ventilation system or an industrial compressor, such power units have a decent lifespan and high reliability.
If you are using an internal combustion engine (for example, from a moped), it must be forced to cool, so take care to install a fan. The chainsaw motor has an advanced cooling system, so there is no overheating problem.
Gearbox. A must for any power tiller or cultivator. High speed motor output shaft (whether electric or gasoline) is too high, and torque in compact power units is not enough for tillage.
Reduction gears reduce speed and increase pressure on the machine shaft.
Frame and gantry for attachments.
Important! Even if you build a single axle tiller, it can always be fitted with wheels and auxiliary equipment. from a rocker arm to a plough. So it’s important to have a mounting bracket for the various accessories.
Control levers. In addition to their main function, holding the implement in operating position, the handles are also used to control the power unit. The design must be firm and comfortable.
If you have decided to assemble a cultivator with your own hands. the drawings can be taken from technical literature or develop your own. Binding to a ready-made project, you will be forced to look for exactly those components, which the author of the design has envisaged.
Block: 3/4 | Number of characters: 1646
Building a single axle tractor according to the instructions by Arkhipov
Design features of the unit
The design of motor-block is a self-propelled machine on two wheels, equipped with an engine, taken from a scooter VP-150M. The reason for the choice of this particular engine was the fact that it has a solution that provides forced cooling of the cylinder head with air.
Such a motor from a scooter is able to operate at the lowest speeds at quite high loads
To build the single axle tractor the maker used control cables, engine mounts, a double arch frame, handles and chains taken from a scooter. The other parts of the design were industrially manufactured
Separately, the designer has made a U-shaped frame welded from pipes and a wheel axle turned on a lathe. He also made for the main and adjusting rods 3 home-made joints. They will be used as connecting elements between the power tiller, its steering wheel and plough.
On the frame of the machine a steel tube is welded to complete the axle, which is necessary to tension the cables going to the engine gearbox. The tension itself is achieved by means of a rocker, welded section of a steel tube serves as a gear shift knob.
The spacing of chains used to build the unit is 12,7 mm and 15,9 mm. Number of teeth of sprockets: output shaft. 11, secondary shaft. 20 and 60, drive axle. 40.
What is good about this particular design?
There are more than a dozen analogues of such a model, but in comparison with them, the original model of the motor-block of the Kaluga master has a number of undeniable advantages.
- Hinge joint. The tillage tools and tractors of most such models have a rigid connection, which makes it difficult to maneuver the machine. The parts of the machine are joined together with pivots. This makes it possible to change direction during ploughing if necessary without removing the plough from the furrow.
- Shifting the axle to the direction of travel. Many owners of tillage machines have had the problem that the machine swings out of position when moving forward against the ground. To level the furrow, however, a lot of effort has to be applied. To compensate for this skid, the plough’s axle is angled slightly in the direction of travel. Construction tilted slightly to the left during ploughing. The desired position can always be adjusted with the three linkage joints.
- Set ploughing depth level. While in other models the plowing depth is maintained by lowering or raising the plow, with this power tiller it is done automatically. Adjustment is achieved by changing the angle of the plough in relation to the furrow. The structure is equipped with a field board, which acts as a lifting force when the plough is buried. If, on the other hand, the share appears above the ground, its angle of attack is immediately increased, so that it sinks back into the ground at a pre-determined depth.
Step-by-step process of assembling the unit
Assembling the structure begins with equipping the drive shaft. To do this, a body with bearings is attached, a sprocket is welded to it and overrunning clutches are mounted, which will perform the function of a differential during work. After that the structure is equipped with wheels and frame. On the fixed frame, telescopic rod, plow and steering wheel are installed.
Main elements of the drive shaft: 1. shaft, 2. sprocket, 3. cover, 4. bearing housing, 5. bearing platform, 6. bearing 08, 7. overrunning clutch housing, 8. dog axle, 9. dog, 10. ratchet, 11. bearing 07, 12. washers, 13. wheel, 14. dog spring
Single-axle agricultural tractor is equipped with special wheels, which, unlike their rubber counterparts, are able to provide better traction with the ground.
Such metal wheels do not get clogged with soil. When in contact with the ground, they do not compress it, but on the contrary, they loosen it
To connect the frame of the machine with the engine suspension and the frame of the scooter, two arc pipes are used. Between them there is room for a fuel tank.
Also you can build an adapter for scooter, read about it: https://diz-cafe.com/tech/adapter-dlya-motobloka-svoimi-rukami.html
For the arrangement of the engine, a bracket is used, which ends with a steel axle of 150 mm in length. Bracket is welded to the U-shaped frame. On the axle hang the motor with the suspension. The assembled construction is connected to the arched arcs of the frame. Only then mount the secondary shaft, pull the control cables and tension the chain.
Basic elements of control assembly: 1. connecting axle, 2. bar, 3. pipe, 4. handles
Connecting elements of the structure: 1. main drawbar, 2. regulating drawbar
Blade for a power tiller
The blade is an indispensable tool, in demand at any time of year. The front blade is used to clear snow, plan the terrain, bury holes and move loose materials. This equipment for the “Neva” power tiller is of good quality, but not everyone can afford it. Self-made mouldboards require minimal financial investment. By installing the front blade on single-axle tractor “Neva”, it is possible to solve many household tasks. In the presence of levers and hydraulics, a homemade shovel can be used as a loader.
To make the dozer blade, you will need the following tools:
- tape measure;
- welding machine;
- electric drill;
- angle grinder;
- acrylic paint;
- barrel 200 l;
- reinforced rubber;
- 5 mm sheet steel;
- profile pipe 40×20 mm;
- paint and brush;
- bolts and ties.
Before making the dozer blade, it is necessary to calculate the correspondence of the power of a power tiller to the size of the bucket. Excessive strain causes rapid wear of machine parts and mechanisms. Depending on the weight and power of the machine, shovels are made 60-100 cm wide and 20-30 cm high.
Snowplow samodelki to the motoblock with their own hands are made in this sequence:
- Marking the barrel, sawing it vertically into 3 equal pieces. Cutting 1 piece into 5 cm wide strips.
- Binding of 2 workpieces with bitumen and rivets. Aligning the edges. Reinforcing the bucket with cross struts.
- Fixing the tin strip to the edges of the shovel. this is done by welding or bolting.
- Drilling holes for the bolts. Attaching a strip of rubber to the bottom of the bucket.
- Making a hitch for a shovel. It is made by attaching a piece of pipe and a semicircle of sheet metal to the moldboard by welding. The holes for adjusting the angle of attack are marked on the sector. The homemade snowplow attachment is attached to the motoblock bracket with an adapter made of profile pipe.
The finished product must be cleaned and painted. All bolted connections should be lubricated regularly to prevent corrosion.
Making homemade equipment for a power tiller, it is important to consider factors that will allow the equipment to work properly. You can’t assemble the unit like your neighbor’s tractor and connect it to a power tiller. Parameters of machinery and attachments must be appropriate. Therefore, it is necessary to pay attention to the following points:
- Power of a power tiller. So, for machines with a capacity of 4.5 liters. с. A load of 250 kg, including the driver, will be sufficient. Based on this value, you can calculate the mass of the transported cargo in the trailer, the number of permissible plows, and so on.
- Size. The site near the house, even the largest. is still not a field. Therefore, there are likely to be areas where large equipment will not fit. And a big (or even narrow) machine is not always easy to handle. It may not fit between trees or may be too narrow for a bed. It is necessary to consider such dimensions in advance.
- Provide a node for attaching equipment to the power tiller. It can be hinged, sleeved, bearing. It is necessary to choose it specifically for your equipment.
- How to fasten the individual parts of the equipment to each other. Solid units can be connected by welding, rivets, bolts. The choice in this case depends on the availability of tools, time and abilities.
These are the basic issues that need to be thought through. But not the only ones. There will be many questions and nuances in the process of making a homemade machine for a power tiller, which will need to be carefully considered in order to make the right decision.
Block: 4/9 | Number of symbols: 1530
Caracat is another device that can be made from a power tiller
This machine is of interest for those who need to cross marshy terrain. It can act as a good alternative to the swamp buggy. Nowadays it is possible to make a karakat without any problems from a power tiller.
Initially, as in the case of the minitractor and all-terrain vehicle, a wide second driven axle should be installed. After that the future caracat from the power tiller should be equipped with special discs. They are unlikely to be found in the free sale. No problem to make them yourself. To do this you will need to buy two aluminum cans for each wheel. Afterwards, these basins are welded together with the bottoms. After that, a hole is cut to match the diameter of the hub. Then the only thing left is to weld a fixing contour around the edges, which is necessary to hold volume tires for a caracat.
Number of blocks: 15 Total number of characters: 24297Number of used donors: 5Information on each donor: