How to remove and disassemble the control block of climate system
All, you can proceed to disassembly of the unit. This is done according to the following scheme:
- Remove the board. The board itself is fixed by bolts. It is additionally held by the push-button mechanism. You just have to release the mechanism of buttons.
- Carefully examine the state of each contact. It is almost impossible to analyze the soldering accurately with the naked eye. For this reason many craftsmen use a microscope or a jeweler’s monocular.
Poor quality soldering can be seen by cracks. Cracks are a sign of a bad connection.
- Reassemble the assembly in the reverse order. You should pay attention to the control unit indicator lights. Poor quality soldering of the board is usually the reason why the bulbs burn out. If the bulbs do not work, replace them with the new ones.
- Let’s try how the conditioner works. In normal operation of the climate control, when the button is pressed to turn on the air conditioner, the clutch should be connected. The connection of the clutch will be evidenced by a characteristic click.
Below is a video where the author clearly shows how to remove the control unit and how to solder it.
Air Conditioning Chevrolet Lacetti
Depending on the configuration, the Lacetti may be with or without air conditioning.
FIXED! Car A/C Compressor Clutch Won’t Engage
The Lacetti air conditioner is charged with the most common refrigerant R-134a
Refrigerant charge volume: 670 g. ± 20 grams.
Isupag 513 compressor oil
You can find all this data on a plate under the hood of the Lacetti, to the left of the lock.
Air conditioner is switched on by pressing button “A/C” on control block of heater. Adjust air temperature regulator to blue zone until cool air begins to flow. In order not to fog up windows it is necessary to use air conditioner also. It dries the air in the car salon.
Before we list the device let us introduce an understanding of the principle of operation of any air conditioner. As on the whole they all are similar on the device.
The principle of work of the air conditioner is based on properties of liquids to give out heat at condensation and to absorb at evaporation. In this regard, the air conditioning system includes:
- Compressor of air conditioning system. Its task is to compress freon and move it through the refrigeration circuit. The compressor is driven by a belt from the engine, but it does not run continuously, but by activating an electromagnetic clutch.
- Condenser. It is a form of a radiator made of aluminum. It’s where freon turns from gaseous to liquid state. The condensation process
- Evaporator (in the form of a radiator, made mainly of aluminum). In the evaporator opposite: freon goes from liquid to gaseous state. It’s the evaporation phase.
- Thermostatic expansion valve (TEF). It is used to reduce the freon pressure in front of the evaporator
- Fan of air conditioner. It is designed to enhance the heat exchange with the environment.
- Connecting tubes of low and high pressure. They serve to create the closed contour of the system and freon circulation through it.
The peculiarities are the compressor’s work, or more exactly the work of electromagnetic clutch. It is not only controlled by pressing a button on the heater control box, but also by the electronic engine control system (ECS). The emission control system receives data from the pressure sensors in the air conditioning system and from the various engine systems that affect the inclusion of the electromagnetic clutch. For example, ECU can disconnect the clutch at:
- wide open throttle valve
- high temperature of antifreeze in the cooling system
- low or high freon pressure
- If the engine speed is too high, the clutch will be on
In normal operation of the engine systems, the compressor clutch will be on.
- When pressing the “A/C” button, the button indicator does not light up (nothing happens). In this case there is a problem with contacts of the button or board. Need to solder pins or replace (button or board). According to reviews on forums this defect is a “disease” of Lacetti.
- Indicator light comes on but no “A/C” click can be heard under the hood when the A/C button is depressed. The air conditioner fan does not turn on, and cold air is not blowing. does not allow to switch on air conditioner, most likely there is a problem with wires breakage or high pressure in air conditioning system. It is necessary to check the pressure in the system in service stations and bring to normal.
- Press “A/C” button and light comes on, but no clutch clicks under the hood. If there is a problem with the vehicle’s engine RPM, the fan is on, but the cold air is not coming out. In this case, there is a probability that air conditioner compressor is jammed and does not rotate, therefore RPM “slows down. It is necessary to switch off air conditioner. It is also possible that the wiring is at fault. In this case it is necessary to check a fuse F6 in saloon, Ef17 in underhood and compressor relay. If these manipulations didn’t help, check the connector at compressor’s clutch (for more info about fuses in this article: Chevrolet Lacetti fuses).
- The system dampens and you can hear a slight cold snap, noise around the glove compartment. Here the problem is most likely in lack of refrigerant. Check and if necessary top up the system.
- When I press the “A/C” button, the indicator lights up, I hear the compressor clutch click under the hood, and the cold starts to come in only after a long time. Such situation takes place because of low pressure in system and after long time of operation air conditioner starts working. It is necessary to top up the system and check for leaks.
- When the button “A/C” is pushed, the indicator lights up, a “click” of compressor muff is heard under a cowl, cold starts blowing and after some time the conditioner switches off. The problem is in excessive pressure in the system or in the pressure sensor in the air conditioning system.
- When the “A/C” button is pushed, the indicator light comes on and a compressor clutch clicks under the hood (compressor operates without noise). The system is charged, but the cold is not there and the pressures are the same in both circuits, the regulating valve (part number 6813684) is most likely defective.
Before charging of Lacetti system of conditioning with refrigerant R-134a, it is desirable to find out places of its leakage. To keep from having to refill every year.
Frequent refrigerant leaks:
- Locations for high and low pressure tubing connections to the compressor. Be sure to replace the o-rings (part number 4580424 or 4525304).
- Filler tube connection on evaporator
- Filler fitting marked “H” on the cap.
- Condenser. There is a possibility that it may have been punctured by flying rocks.
- Air conditioner compressor shaft seal (part number 118305)
Air Conditioning and Ventilation wiring diagram
Owners of Chevrolet Lacetti sedans, station wagons and hatchbacks often face the situation when the button of air conditioner doesn’t work. if the indicator doesn’t light up, the reason is in the control unit or compressor. The cause could be more simple. evaporation of coolant.
In Chevrolet Lanos, often air conditioner does not work for the same reason, which is the same with Lacetti. it happens due to refrigerant evaporation. Also bearings and compressor clutch are often damaged, and radiator hermetic sealing is also bad.
In Chevrolet Niva the usual reason of air conditioner malfunction is the radiator leakage and early coolant leakage. In this model, the compressor often suffers and the important units of the unit get clogged. Belt breakage is a typical problem of air conditioner Chevrolet Niva, but it is rare.
Quite often the conditioner of Chevrolet Aveo T200, T250, T300 models does not function after refueling, and it indicates depressurization of the radiator due to mechanical damages. The air conditioners of Chevrolet Aveo suffer from fouling, and also the fans often break.
A common reason why the air conditioner does not work on the Chevrolet Cruze 1.6 и 1.8, the failure of electronics. in this case, the equipment simply does not turn on. Compressor and fan breakdowns in the Chevrolet Cruze, which are also quite common, require a professional approach.
In Chevrolet Captiva car air conditioner may not work due to several malfunctions. In Chevrolet Captiva the radiator and compressor parts break. Broken evaporator and clogging of important units of equipment lead to ineffective operation of the air conditioner.
In Chevrolet Cobalt, depressurization of radiator and tubes breakage often occur, and this is the reason of air conditioner malfunction. The most serious and complicated breakdown of air conditioners of this model is a compressor wedge, when its lower part gets clogged with dust and moisture.
The air conditioners of Chevrolet Orlando cars most often do not work due to the radiator failure, when the refrigerant leaks. Besides, frequent cause of malfunction is failure of pressure sensor.
Chevrolet Rezzo car air conditioner usually doesn’t work when the system is depressurized as a result of mechanical damage of radiator tubes. Another cause of leaks is a leaky fitting gasket. The clutch and compressor pressure regulator suffer.
The Chevrolet Spark’s cabin air conditioner can fail to work for a variety of reasons, the most common of which is mechanical damage to the radiator tubes. Also the bearings of the compressor pulley and the joints of the structure are the weak point.
The reasons why the car air conditioner on the Chevrolet Epica does not work are often due to oxidation of the electronics wires, as well as wear and tear on the compressor clutch. Less often the compressor itself fails, in which case it needs to be completely replaced.