How to start the saw after a longer standstill
I can’t start my chainsaw after a long period of standstill. Such Комментарии и мнения владельцев can be found on forums dedicated to the repair and operation of saws. Let’s understand how to start the chainsaw after a long downtime.
The thing is that it is necessary to take care of the successful start after the down time and to properly prepare the saw for the storage. According to the manufacturer’s instructions, it is necessary to drain the fuel from the tank before putting it into storage, then start the engine and finish burning the fuel that is in the fuel system.
Preparation is necessary so that the carburetor membranes don’t stick together during storage. This simple procedure is sufficient to have a successful restart after a long period of storage.
It’s much easier to start the chainsaw after half a year of inactivity, if just before starting, through the spark plug hole, to add 1. 2 ml of fuel mixture into the cylinder. You can do it with a syringe.
In a nutshell
The pride of the German manufacturer, this model is a direct tool for light-duty jobs. It can be used for no more than twenty hours a month. This beautiful machine can easily help you with the upkeep of your garden, preparing wood for the winter time (see the manual for the beginning of the year). as to cut down a tree), to make cleared areas, and will also be indispensable assistant in other areas, let’s say, uncomplicated manipulations.
We can say that these mini chainsaw model, because it has a small weight of 3.9 kg, it does not have a large tank weight of both oil and fuel. The manufacturer has equipped this device with a two-stroke engine quite sufficient power for light work.
Why won’t my chainsaw Start. stihl 180
over, it is quite quiet because during operation the noise level does not exceed 98 dB. So that you can better understand the volume itself, just compare its noise to spoken speech, which has a reading of 76 dB.
The capacity of this model is 2.6W. It is worth noting that this is quite a significant level of power, given that it is not a professional chainsaw. The oil tank has a volume of only 0.145 liters, and the fuel tank is 0.25 liters. The tire has a size of 350 mm, and the pitch is 0.325 inches.
The saw does not start: causes and ways to solve them
Faulty plug: methods of troubleshooting
- Sometimes in the course of checking it is possible to find out that the problem lies in a faulty spark plug. In this case it is removed, then allowed to dry. Some owners may try to ignite it, but this should not be done, because otherwise this element will be ruined and after that it will be left only to throw away. During troubleshooting you have to remove the excess fuel by draining it through a special hole.
- It is also necessary to keep in mind that the drying period should be at least half an hour. After completing such an operation, you can return it to its place and then try it out.
- In some cases, the spark plug may fail because its service life is exhausted. Usually, when this is confirmed, the only option left for solving this problem is to find a replacement for it. In this case, it does not hurt to have a spare spark plug, and it is even better when you have a whole set of such elements on hand. You can always replace your spark plug with a new one to see if the problem is caused by a spark plug that isn’t working properly.
- At the same time, the inability to start the chain saw may be caused by a weak contact provided by the high-voltage wire and the end of the spark plug. The problem with starting the chainsaw may be due to the failure of the ignition unit. In such situations, the only solution is to replace the faulty unit, because it is not repairable.
- Relevant for many owners is the question concerning the correct idling after emptying the fuel from the gasoline tanks. According to experts, you do not have to worry about it. However, if you often encounter such a problem, it is enough to make manipulations with the carburetor, reducing engine revolutions, to restore normal operation of the instrument.
- In some cases, the owner may need to have the muffler cleaned, since this part may be the cause of the malfunction. It is relatively easy to perform this operation. It should be remembered that many owners are faced with problematic operation of the chainsaw because of a faulty carburetor.
- Although in some cases it can be quite simple to fix the malfunction, but it is preferable if this technique is repaired by specialists. Because not all of us have the necessary knowledge and skills, and it is fraught with the fact that during troubleshooting, there is a risk to completely disable the tool.