Is it possible to fill up with 92 instead of 80 gasoline in a single–axle tractor??
In order to properly answer this question, it is necessary to understand what is behind the labeling of these types of fuel. The well-known gasoline brands AI-76, AI-80, AI-92, which are classified by the octane number, characterize nothing else than the fuel capacity to detonate during compression, which is expressed in the amount of anti-detonation additives. Their caloric values are virtually identical.
In practice, at low compression strength, 92 will detonate faster than its low-octane counterparts. What is the risk of this?? It all depends on the type of engine that is installed on the power tiller.
- for 2-stroke engines. reduction of power indicators, increased heat dissipation, which can lead to its overheating and failure;
- for 4-stroke. in addition to the above, the probability of exhaust valve burnout and frequent stalling both at idle and under load.
In both cases, another phenomenon is not excluded. t.н. “glow ignition”. Caliche ignition is a process in which the ignition of gasoline with air occurs not from the spark formed, but from overheated internal components or fouling. Since the 92nd gasoline requires more calorific value and contains more cycloalkenes. carbon derivatives, getting into the engine, it contributes to overheating of mechanisms which can ignite the combustible mixture even without spark ignition.
In spite of the carelessness of the majority of consumers, who surely fill their cultivators with 92 or even 95 gasoline, it is not recommended to do so. But it is not a sentence. For power tillers, manufactured 15-20 years ago, which were “programmed” by the manufacturer to work with 76 or 80-m petrol, there are several ways out of this situation:
- milling the cylinder head, thereby affecting the size of the combustion chamber;
- shift the ignition angle, so that the ignition process of the combustible mixture is not performed immediately when the exhaust valve is opened;
- put additional gaskets on the cylinder head;
- lower the octane number of 92 fuel.
Let’s look at how this is done in practice.
Finding faults when repairing the motor block with your own hands
All machinery, no matter how good it is, can fail at any time. This is caused both by natural wear and tear of its parts, as well as due to violations during operation. The single axle tractor is not an exception. To carry out a simple repair of a power tiller and its prevention is not difficult, but to eliminate serious damage you need to understand not only the principle of the technique, but also the device.
Engine cylinder head on a Moto Sich motor block. photo video.
Engine cylinder head stud retightening Motor Sich photo video.
Tightening torque cylinder head engine single axle tractor motor sich photo video.
According to the instructions, you need to tighten the nuts cylinder head studs after the first 25 moto / h, then you can not tighten.
But I recommend you check and, if needed, retighten the nuts on the cylinder head studs again after 50 engine hours.
So you will be quieter and the engine will not be superfluous motorblock, but then as they say, every director himself.
In order to tighten the cylinder head cylinder head stud nuts, or correctly say tighten the nuts of the engine cylinder head mounts, you need:
- head on 13 and a screwdriver, but in fact, for such work requires any torque wrench with a head on 13, as to pull the nuts cylinder head studs, you need a certain torque, so as not to tear out the steel studs with an aluminum engine block
Tightening torque stud bolts engine head mounting nuts MC D-250
Given that you want to tighten the cylinder head as much as possible, I personally pulled with a torque wrench with a force of 3 kgf/m.
Tightening torque of engine cylinder head stud bolts MC-10P
Also, I want to note that to tighten the cylinder head of the engine on the power tiller. it is necessary to observe the following rule, i.e. the order or the scheme of tightening of nuts of studs fixing the cylinder head of the engine.
Procedure of tightening of stud bolts for fixing the cylinder head of the engine Motor Sich MS D-250, photo.
How to tighten the stud bolts fixing the cylinder head motor Sich MS-10P photo.
Next, you need to prepare the engine itself Motor Sich, ie, free the engine cylinder head from the air cooling casing, which would be free access to the cylinder head.
After that, take a torque wrench with an extension cord and a head of 13 and in a strictly defined sequence check and if necessary tighten the nuts studs fixing the cylinder head engine.
Assemble and install the removed parts in their places.
Engine of power tiller Motor Sich is ready for operation.
Tightening the nuts on the cylinder head studs of engine MC D-250 video.
Retightening the nuts of the cylinder head studs of engine MC-10P video.
Unfortunately, while there is no such a video, I would be very grateful to the owners of motoblock Motor Sich MB-8, for such a video and will gladly post it on the site.
If there are any questions or additions, please do not hesitate to write in Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
How to regulate the valves on your power tiller?
The valve clearances on the power harvester are only adjusted when the piston is in position:
Only in this position are both valves fully closed and the rocker arms loosened and not pressed down.
Sparex Ferguson TEA20 How to remove your cylinder head.
This is the 4 stroke cycle of a diesel engine.
The piston moves through TDC two times,
but the intake valve is already ajar before the intake stroke (1st figure).
Both valves are closed on the compression stroke (3rd figure).
To set the piston in the desired position, the easiest way to orient yourself is to use the marks on the flywheel and the cooling fin on the cylinder. There is also an easy way to find the correct position without the marks. Do this as follows:
- Open the valve cover to see how the valves move.
- Slowly turn the flywheel with the hand starter until the exhaust valve opens and closes (goes down and comes back up).
- Continue turning the flywheel until the intake valve also opens and closes.
- After the intake valve has closed, turn the flywheel another 1/2-1/4 turn.
- This position has the piston at or near the top dead center on the compression stroke.
To check the valve clearances and adjust them if necessary:
- Position the piston at the top dead center on the compression stroke.
- Check the clearances with a feeler gauge.
- If the feeler moves freely, the clearance is too large.
- If the feeler gauge cannot be inserted into the gap. it is either too small or not at all.
- Loosen rocker locknut to adjust clearance.
- Turn the adjusting screw until the feeler gauge set in the gap begins to move with a slight resistance.
- Hold the adjusting screw and tighten the locknut.
- Turn the flywheel to find the correct position of the piston.
- Re-check the clearances.
- If the dipstick moves with a little resistance. the clearances are set correctly.
The diagram of adjusting the clearance of the power tiller’s valves
For the engines listed above, the standard clearance for both intake and exhaust valves is 0.15 mm (±0.05 mm).
Engine system malfunctions at startup
In that case, if at check of plugs they appeared wet, t.е. fuel is arriving normally, but the engine does not start, the problem may be the following:
- Failure of the ignition system:
- there is characteristic soot on the spark plug electrodes (clean the spark plugs with an emery cloth and then wash them with petrol and dry them);
- the gap between the electrodes does not correspond to the value specified by the manufacturer in the engine manual (the gap is adjusted by bending the side electrode to the required size);
- insulators of spark plugs or high-voltage electrical wiring are damaged (faulty plugs and wiring must be replaced);
- the STOP button is shorted to the common ground (the short circuit must be eliminated in order to start the engine normally);
- the contacts in the spark plug corners are broken (the contacts should be repaired);
- the gap between the magnetic shoe and the starter does not correspond to the normative value (the gap needs to be adjusted);
- there are some defects on the stator of ignition system (the stator must be replaced).
- Sucking air through the seals of the carburetor, spark plugs, spark plug heads and cylinders, as well as connections of the carburetor and engine cylinders.
If you find leakage of joints you need to tighten the mounting bolts, tighten the plugs and check the integrity of the gaskets between the heads of plugs and cylinders.
To eliminate this problem, you need to ensure free movement of the flap by checking the quality of the actuator. If a blockage is detected, it must be eliminated.
Compression malfunction and carburetor malfunction
sometimes the engine can be started, but it is very difficult to start. In this case the engine of the power tiller works very unstably and can’t develop enough power for normal work.
The reason for this may be a loss of compression, which can be detected by:
In order to restore compression, you must:
- Check the technical condition of the engine timing mechanism, clean the fouled parts and if there are any defects. replace them.
- Check the condition of piston rings and replace defective components.
- to the carburetor is supplied with an oversaturated fuel mixture;
- sealing of carburetor fuel valve is broken
- the piston oil ring is worn;
- air filter is clogged.
To correct this problem you should:
- adjust the carburetor;
- Replace a leaky valve;
- replace worn piston rings;
- clean or replace a failed air filter.
If during the operation of the engine light smoke comes out of the muffler, and the electrodes of the plugs are dry and covered with white deposits, it means that a lean fuel mixture gets into the carburetor. This problem is corrected by adjusting the carburetor.