Alteration of the screwer of the screwdriver on Li-Ion
Most lithium devices are enclosed in a prismatic case, but some models have a cylindrical shape. Roll electrodes are used not separators. The case is made of aluminum or steel. The positive pole goes to the hull cover.
In prismatic configurations, the electrodes look like rectangular platele to remake a nuclear reactor on a cheap electric screwdriver of 18 volts with dead. To ensure security in the battery, a device that is a regulator of all processes does not open an electric circuit in critical situations is provided. Increased sealing of the case does not allow the electrolyte to flow out not to penetrate oxygen not moisture inside.
The structure of the battery of an electric screwdriver
Electric screwdriver. a universal device for collecting furniture, household needs, repair and for work. Autonomous device does not require a connecting cable with a socket. Modern models are equipped with an impressive battery, the replacement of which will cost the user in cost almost like a new tool.
The design of the battery has a universal appearance, namely a plastic shell containing a number of power components. Depending on the characteristics of the model, there are from several pieces to several tens of connected batteries. In this case, the connection occurs sequentially, the first and last link form a closure, which ensures the connection to the.
The voltage level varies from 9-18 V to 18-36V on professional devices. This indicator is directly related to the duration of the battery.
Interesting. In some cases, the building of the block includes a temperature sensor and a thermal abroad that protect the tool from the consequences of overheating by closing the circuit.
Choosing a battery assembly scheme for capacity, voltage and affordable space
Depending on the voltage required for power, we determine how many 18650 batteries for an electric screwdriver must be connected in series. The dependence of the number of batteries on voltage:
If the place allows, then to increase the container, you can double in parallel to existing batteries the same amount.
So that the batteries are reliably held, there are special holders. They will protect banks from vibrations during the operation of an electric screwdriver.
Replacing nickel-cadmium batteries in electric screwdriver with lithium
With your own hands, replacement of accumulators of electric screwdriver with lithium is carried out by calculating their number, provided that one element will require 3.7 in. For example, for a product of 14.4 V, it is necessary to prepare 4 LI-IN banks 18650.
It is also worth considering the difference in size. To change the battery, you need to purchase a charge controller, which is installed additionally in the case with banks. In addition, it is not ruled out that you will have to replace the charger.
It remains to figure out how to exercise the tool. It cannot be connected to a standard power supply. A charger is needed.
The charge enters through the controller. If the factory device is not suitable, it is redone using the lack of the missing elements of the scheme. Among them are units of charging, protective components, etc. The scheme is finalized for the main defining parameter. charging current.
With a thorough refinement of the charger scheme, it is unprofitable to modernize. It is easy to replace with universal equipment or purchase a new. Even with the purchase of a charger, the owner of an electric screwdriver acquires a powerful tool with an increased battery life at a minimum price.
Charger Makita DC1414 T and lithium-ion battery
There is a small nuance that you need to know. This is more it and it is intended for charging a wider range of batteries from 7.2 to 14.4 V. The charging process on it goes as usual, the red LED burns:
But when the battery (which, in the case of NIMH elements is supposed to have a maximum voltage of 10.8 V) reaches 12 volts (we have Li-Ion elements in which the maximum total voltage can be 12.6 V), the charger will take the roof. Because he will not understand what kind of battery he charges: either 9.6-volt, or 14.4-volt. And at that moment, Makita DC1414 will enter the error mode, alternately blinking red and green LED.
This is fine! Your new battery will still charge. however, not until the end. The voltage will be approximately 12 volts.
That is, you will miss some part of the container with this charger, but it seems to me that this can be experienced.
Total modernization of the battery cost about 1000. New Makitovsky Makita PA09 is more expensive. over, we ultimately received twice as much capacity, and further repairs (in the event of a sooner failure) will be only in replacing lithium-ion elements.
Attention: this article and images in it are objects of copyright. Partial or complete reproduction on other resources without coordination is prohibited.
Replacement of batteries in a screwdriver with lithium
What needs to be estimated before starting work?
It is necessary to decide on the number of elements in the battery, which ultimately solves the voltage value. For three elements, the ceiling will be 12.6, and for four ─ 16.8 volts. We are talking about remaking widespread batteries with a face value of 14.4 volts. It is better to choose 4 elements, because when working, the voltage will quickly pass to 14.8. The difference in several volts will not affect the work of the screwdriver.
In addition, a larger number of lithium elements will give a large capacity. So, more work of the screwdriver.
Lithium battery elements 18650
Next, you need to choose the right lithium elements themselves. Form factor without options-18650. The main thing you need to look at is a discharge current and capacity. According to statistics with the standard work of the screwdriver, the current consumed is in the range of 5─10 amperes. If you sharply press the start button, then the current can jump up to 25 amperes for a few seconds. That is, you need to choose lithium batteries 18650 with the maximum value of the discharge current 20─30 amperes. Then, with a short.term increase in current to these values, the battery will not be damaged.
The rated voltage of lithium elements 3.6─3.7 volts, and the capacity in most cases is 2000─3000 mAh. If the battery housing allows, you can take not 4, but 8 elements. Two to combine them in 4 parallel assemblies, and then connect them sequentially. As a result, you can increase the battery capacity. But far from every case it will be possible to pack 8 cans 18650.
And the last preparatory stage is the choice of controller. In its characteristics, it must correspond to the rated voltage and discharge current. That is, if you decide to collect the battery of 14.4 volts, then select the controller with this voltage. The working current of the discharge is usually chosen half as much as the maximum permissible current.
Above, we found that the maximum permissible short.term discharge current for lithium elements is 25─30 ampere. This means that the charge controller should be designed for 12─15 amperes. Then the protection will work with an increase in current to 25─30 amperes. Do not forget about the dimensions of the protection board. Its with elements will need to be fitted into the housing of the battery of the screwdriver.
Replacement of batteries
Well, then the assembly process itself goes. First disassemble the battery housing. If this is a model for 14.4 volts, then there will be 12 nickel ─ cadmium batteries with a face value of 1.2 volts.
All this garland needs to be soldered or bite off. You should only have a connector with a plus and minus conclusion. You can also remove the thermal sensor, and instead of it, select a controller with a thermocouple, which will turn off the jars when overheating.
After that, you need to solder the purchased elements in the assembly with a sequential connection. Next, the controller is solder to it in accordance with its scheme. At the same time, balancing points are connected. The board has a special connector for them, and often wires with a connector are delivered in the kit.
After assembling the battery, conclusions are soldered to plus and minus, and the whole structure is placed in the case. In principle, the process on this is completed. Problems can arise only with a charger. But in most cases, standard charges for screwdrivers charge lithium elements without problems. At the same time, the charge of the cans goes through the controller, so nothing terrible with the elements themselves will happen.
On the network you can find recommendations for saving on the controller board. That is, a cheaper model is bought, designed for a smaller current. And so that it does not limit the work of the screwdriver, the discharge is not made through the controller, but directly from the cans. And their charging, as expected, goes through the controller. Return
Place to work when remaking the device should be quite illuminated. The most effective lamps of daylight or LED lamps simultaneously with daylight falling from the window to the left. Glare or direct hit of light in the eyes must be excluded.
To avoid electric shock, it is better to take care of contact with grounded objects, these are heating batteries, gas stoves. Desktop, chair, floor should not have conductive surfaces.
When working with radio components, you need to check the absence of voltage on them, an indicator screwdriver is suitable for this. After disconnecting from the power supply, it is necessary to remove the charge from the condensers of the circuits. Removing a charge, for example, by a voltmeter.
Equipment connection only after checking the strength of the joints. It is better to check not only visually, but also mechanically.
The electrical tank should be attached firmly, not hanging out, not to have wires pulled out. Sometimes an extension cord is used to connect to network 220, it is better that it is a network filter with a fuse and a switch.
How to revive a dead rechargeable power tool battery easily
How to replace a worn.out battery in an electric screwdriver
To carry out the work yourself, you need to choose the option of repairing with your own hands and prepare in advance everything you need. It is better to follow the step.by.step instructions and observe accuracy, since any error can lead to the complete exit of the battery.
Refining the nutrition elements into similar
The simplest solution used most often. It consists in replacing worn batteries with new.
- Elements of the nutrition according to the characteristics are completely identical to those installed in the battery. If there is no information on this subject, you will have to first disassemble the device.
- Soldering iron.
- Flux and solder.
- Thin ones.
- Insulating tape.
- Copper wire or plates for contacts.
Work must be carried out in this way:
- Fully charge the electric screwdriver, remove the battery and disassemble the case. It is necessary to gently jerk off the connection or unscrew the screws, it all depends on the design and manufacturer of the product.
- Extract batteries, most often there are several. Measure voltage indicators on each, write down.
- Collect the battery, use an electric screwdriver before it is discharged. Disassemble the case again and measure. All elements should have approximately the same indicators. If in some the difference is 0.5 V or more. this is an indicator of deterioration, all such batteries must be changed.
- Using the soldering iron, carefully share the contacts, remove the old batteries and put new ones in their place. It is important to solder carefully, monitor the observance of polarity.
- If possible, use full.time contacts, if they are damaged, new ones are suitable or you can adapt copper wiring.
- Collect the battery, charge it for at least 8 hours to align the potentials of old and new nutritional elements. Then leave an electric screwdriver for 12-16 hours, after which you can use the equipment as usual.
By the way!
Singing contacts should be carefully and quickly so as not to overheat the batteries, as this can adversely affect their potential.
Replacement for lithium batteries
If you want to translate an electric screwdriver from nickel-cadmium or from nickel-metallogid to lithium-ionic, you need to adhere to another instructions. First you need to clarify the power consumption and voltage of the equipment. If you divide the first indicator into the second, you can find out the maximum of current consumed by an electric screwdriver. When choosing new batteries, you need to take into account this particular indicator so as not to overload the equipment.
Work should be carried out in this way:
- Purchase the right number of batteries if you use standard models 18650, their current will be 4.2 volts. That is, 3 elements of food will be required, since the indicators are always rounded upward.
- Disassemble the battery housing, most often it holds on latches or on several screws from the bottom.
- Remove the old nutrition elements, you can unscrew them or cut off with a knife, there is no particular difference.
- Use 2 holders for batteries in which they will be placed for quick removal when charging is required. They must be connected to each other in any suitable way.
- Contact the installation sites of 3 power elements sequentially. The minus of one should go to the plus of the other.
- To control the charge in the system, you need to put the LED, which must be connected through the resistor by 1 kOhm. The diode must be inserted into a convenient place of the battery case, making a hole in it with a hot nail. It should be connected in parallel to the power supply of an electric screwdriver.
- Sold the wires of sufficient cross.section to equipment terminals, after which you can use an electric screwdriver for its intended purpose.
Replace Battery & Refresh Screwdriver | Makita M640D
So that the batteries are charged the same, it is important to buy products of the same model and capacitance. They should also be made not in different parties.
Installation of an emergency battery 12V 5-7 A-h
This option is used in cases where there are no batteries at hand, but you need to provide long.term power supply. The batteries of this type have dimensions 15x10x7 cm, they are quite heavy. Therefore, it makes no sense to attach them to a screwdriver. These batteries are used as an external power source, for convenience it can be placed in a or worn in a small bag to provide the necessary mobility.
The instructions for conducting work are quite simple:
- First of all, it is necessary to disassemble the battery body to extract batteries. Clean contacts and solder 2 pre.cleaned ends on one side of the cable. Fix it so that when it does not break away, it can be pressed inside with screws and a plate. Assemble the case and put in place.
- The second end of the cable must be attached to the battery. To do this, it is necessary to clean the insulation on the veins and install on them the terminals of a suitable size. The connection place must be squeezed, and then closed with a heat.shrink pipe.
- Connect contacts and check the operation of the equipment. If everything is fine, you can use the tool as intended.
On a note!
Many use this solution as a backup, when the main battery has sat down and there is no time to wait until it is charged.
Repair or replace the nutrition elements in the battery with 12 volts is not difficult if you understand the features and choose the appropriate recovery option. Similar batteries can be used. It is also permissible to finalize the system to use lithium-ion varieties or adapting a large capacity for long-term operation. To even better understand the features of the process, you should watch a detailed video.