Opening front doors
A more complicated task is represented by the unlocking of entrance doors, because they are usually equipped with at least two locks. It is worth to think carefully before you try to solve such a problem: unprofessional approach can have a detrimental effect on the state of the door itself, and the replacement of the metal entry structure. not a cheap pleasure. When getting down to work, do not forget that the main aim is to open locked locks, not to break the door.
The process of this action will depend mainly on the type of lock. If the reason for opening the door was a broken key, you must first remove the chip from the casing. To do this, you should first pour a few drops of grease into the keyhole: WD-40 or machine oil. It takes 15-20 minutes for it to spread evenly around the hole and then you can remove the chip. If there is a small piece of debris sticking out, this makes it easier. It should be gently grasped with pliers or tweezers and, swinging from side to side, pull out. If it is impossible to catch the broken piece from the outside, you need two thin objects, such as awls. Grasp the jammed part with the tip, rock it and try to move it out of the way. When the splinter is removed, you will open the door to your apartment very soon: a good craftsman will make a duplicate of the two broken halves, and that will solve the problem.
Now consider ways, how to open the door without a key, if the key was lost, and to make a duplicate is not possible.
Variants of opening the cylinder lock
If you have the problem to open the cylinder lock and keep it in serviceable condition you should have virtuoso skills of a burglar. Such devices possess a high level of secrecy, but for the experienced craftsman it will not be difficult to open the cylinder lock with a pin or an ordinary paper clip, but it would be more convenient to use the jimmies. Consider the emergency option: how to open the door lock with a paper clip. We will use it as a master key, but you will also need a “svertysh”, which will serve as a screwdriver. The task is to straighten the paperclip, slightly bend the edge with a hook and insert it into the caster. Now we will have to be guided by hearing. Our job: put the pins of the securing mechanism in the right position. They must be lifted one at a time, using an improvised lock pick and a twist. As already noted. it is a very difficult task, to cope with which without proper skills is almost impossible.
There is a less delicate, but more accessible way to pick the door lock. It will require tools: an electric drill with a drill bit designed for metal, a flat screwdriver and a hammer. Sometimes the lock can be picked without drilling, so it is worth trying this option first:
- Insert a flat screwdriver into the casing as deep as possible;
- Try to twist the screwdriver inside the lock with a great effort;
- in a successful attempt to pull out the screwdriver, with which the secret must be removed.
At this point the task is completed. the door can be opened. If this method is unsuccessful, you have to use a drill. We direct the drill directly into the grub and drill until we pass the entire secret to the end. After that we take out the cylinder and open the door.
This is important! The way of drilling or knocking out the cylinder lock is quite useless if the device is equipped with an antitamper device.
Ways to open a dead bolt lock
The sousal mechanism can be broken off or you can try to open it with a delicate method.
To break the lock it is necessary to remove the main pin of the structure that is responsible for moving the suvald. You will need a drill with a metal drill bit, a hook or a bent strong wire and a paper clip. But even with a tool to perform this task will not be easy, because you need to drill strictly in the place where the anchor point of the secret mechanism. When it is drilled out, you need to insert a bent hook into the hole and twist it. When this is done, all of the swards move freely and the door can be opened. As with cylinder locks, this method is totally ineffective with burglar-proof locks.
Now let’s see how to pick the door lock with a twist lock using master keys or other tools that can replace them: paper clips, pins, bobby pins Opening of the deadbolt door locks is performed with two picks. The first one is inserted into the keyhole until it stops in the main board. The second one is to select the necessary position of the plunger in turn, so that the main pin can move. You should be prepared that this process may take a lot of time and fail completely if you have never picked a lock before. That is why it is better to invite the specialists.
How to open the rack lock
If the rack and pinion mechanism is installed at the entrance door, it is not very difficult to open the door lock without the key. As the rack and pinion lock is not badly protected from the rough action, we will not consider the variants of how to pick the front door. Having an ordinary tool at hand, we can accurately open the mechanism in one of three ways.
- Take two flat screwdrivers. They should be thin, so that they can freely enter the well at the same time. First we put one screwdriver in the hole. We need to put it on the notch of the bolt and move it to the side. Then insert the second screwdriver and use it to fix the position of the ledger. Repeat these steps until the lock is open.
- We can open the door locks of the entrance door using a wooden wedge-key. In order to make it we need a wooden wedge made of soft wood. It should be the same size as the borehole. The wedge should be driven into the well, then pulled out. On the surface of the wood will be noticeable notches. We will have to trim the wood a bit to make a semblance of a key and open the door.
- This option is available only if there is a distance between the door leaf and the frame, in which you can insert the crowbar. The tool is placed in the gap between the jamb and the door, then pressed as far as it will go. There is a gap where you can insert a flat screwdriver and push the bars inside the lock.
Cracking a padlock
Padlocks are not very strong, but they are often used for protecting outbuildings, barns, basements. If you lose the keys, the locks are usually picked, because they are not very valuable. This is how padlocks are picked:
- Take two carob wrenches and insert them so that each of them grasps one shackle. The keys should be in contact with the side ribs of the key. The loose edges of the keys should be drawn together. As a result the part of the lock near the latch breaks.
- Cut a small plate from a tin and bend one edge. Insert the unbent side of the blank into the gap that separates the lock case and the opening bar. Push the plate in with the screwdriver. The latch is opened as a result.
- For the third variant we need a screwdriver and a nailer. Screw the self-tapping screw into the lock case, use a nail gun to hammer it in and pull the case out.
How to drill out the lock cylinder with a drill or an electric screwdriver?
What to do if the front door lock is jammed or the key is lost? You do not want to break the door, it is expensive to hire professionals who use picklocks. The easiest and cheapest way. is to drill out the lock cylinder, the so called “caster”. After the procedure, the lock will open, but it will be broken. In order to repair it, you should just buy a new cylindrical mechanism and replace the old one.
Causes of difficulties when replacing
Sometimes there are situations when it is not possible to remove the drill from the chuck in the usual way. Such difficulties may have various reasons. In most cases this is due to the device of the drill, when the chucks do not have a limiting mechanism that insures the surface from excessive force applied at the moment of clamping. This causes the chuck to jam when the adjustment ring cannot be moved in the opposite direction. The result is a drill bit jammed in the drill. How to get it out? Here are some recommendations.
A similar situation can occur if the drill bit is misaligned in the chuck. This cause occurs more often with small-diameter tools. These elementary causes can be avoided with care. In other cases it is necessary to follow some rules, extracting the drill bit with the tool at hand.
Using drill bits made of soft metal can cause chips to form inside the chuck. It is often caught between the clamping jaws and works like a stopper. Such an obstacle can hold the cams of the chuck when you try to loosen the clamping force. Also the danger is a deep sinking of the soft drill into the chuck, its base can flatten and lock the fixing elements. Particularly difficult to remove if the drill bit has broken at the level of the fasteners. This makes it impossible to clamp it in a vice. How to remove the drill bit from the drill in this case, we will learn further.
How to unlock the drill without the key
How to unscrew the drill without a wrench? Many people ask themselves this question, especially when the key is lost, which happens quite often.
You need to get two screwdrivers: a Phillips screwdriver and a flat. The first step is to insert a Phillips screwdriver into the wrench hole and a flat screwdriver into the tooth slot. Then pull the screwdriver in the unscrewing direction, and the Phillips screwdriver acts as a lever. In this case, with a minimum of effort, you can unscrew the head and solve the question of how to unscrew the drill without a wrench.
Unscrewing the key chuck
If everything works as it should, getting the drill out is easy. Two kinds of chucks are available, key- and keyless. With the second, everything is easier: you just need to turn on reverse on the drill, lock the chuck in your hand and gently press the trigger. This unscrews everything and the drill can be inserted.
Key access drill.
Key access a special small tool is inserted into the grooves of the drill, then twisted counterclockwise. Unlocking works on the principle of the gears unscrewing the cartridge.Keys are usually included with the drill, some are inside the box, some are attached directly to the wire. But what to do if the key is lost?
Garage lock picking: basic methods
The easiest way to open a garage door lock is with a master key
- The lock or its locking part may not open due to water ingress and freezing;
- The lock may also fail to open because of wear and tear on the locking parts or deterioration of the secret mechanism;
- Mechanical locks can be damaged by burglars or by an unsuccessful attempt to open or burglarize the lock by oneself;
- Also, the lock may not open if you lose the keys.
There are many ways to warm the lock, to pick or find the keys and also to pick the lock. There are cases when burglars try to break into the garage and they do not succeed because the lock protection system is very complicated. In this case, they can damage the lock so that you can open the lock and hang a new one. They will try to pick a new lock and break into the room in time.
Never pour alcohol, vodka or other similar liquids into the lock to warm it up. As an exception you can make an attempt to warm the mechanical lock with a homemade torch made of paper or a similar material.
39 No Drill Chuck Key? No Problem How To Remove Drill Bits Without A Key
You can heat the lock with a construction hair dryer or a gas burner, but you should periodically test the surface of the garage where the lock is installed. If the lock is jammed it is necessary to cut out the locking elements.
If the lock is jammed, it is useless to fight it with standard methods, e.g. selection of keys and picks. If the picked key or pick does not give any sign of even the slightest play, then your lock is soldered with ice or jammed at all, in which case you will have to cut it off and replace it.
How to change, disassemble, and remove different kinds of chucks from a drill without a wrench
The drill chuck is one of the main parts of the electric drill mechanism. It serves to transmit the rotary motion from the electric motor to the working tool. Its task is also to fix the drill in such a way that the maximum accuracy of drilling, reliable fixation and quick tool change is ensured during work.
How to open drill without a special key
In all drills, the tool is fastened in the drill chuck
Chuck mounting on the spindle of an electric drill
Actually, there are two ways of fastening:
You can tell the type of attachment by the marking:
- inscriptions B10, B12, B18 etc. п. Morse cone parameters, special form of mating surfaces (there are 9 standard sizes from В7 to В45); Mark the range of drill shank diameters before this designation, e.g. 1-6 В10;
- type designation 1-15 M13×1,3; characterizing the parameters of metric threads (diameter of drills shanks, thread diameter and its pitch);
- UNF abbreviation (the full marking is similar in structure to the metric thread marking, e.g., 2-13 mm ½ to UNF, where ½ indicates the thread diameter in inches and the number 20 characterizes the number of threads per inch), which indicates attachment with an inch thread; this type of connection is typical for imported tools.
Principle of Removing a Morse Taper Chuck
To remove this chuck we need a hammer and a punch. It is best to use a P-type puller with wedge-shaped legs as a crowbar. Insert the extractor so that the cone axis is between the paws. Then it should be slowly hammered between the drill and the chuck. The puller, once inside, will gradually remove the chuck from the cone.
How To Change A Corded Drill Bit Without The Key
Any other tool or implement that can be used to act on a chuck in the direction of the axis can also serve as a pliers.
Every type of chuck should be removed very carefully, because if you rush, you can damage your tools and the drill itself or hurt yourself.
What to do with a large caliber?
If you need to unscrew a nut, say, 36 mm, it is not a fact that you will find such a big wrench. Especially if the “action” is a one-time event. But there’s no such thing as a dead end.
A small locksmith’s vise is quite suitable for our purposes. Their advantage is that they can grasp even enough thin (4mm or less) nut.
If you don’t have a vice but have a small clamp, that will work just as well. Of course, it is more difficult to grip a thin nut because of the “floating” platter. But as a lever, a clamp is much more convenient than a vice.
And don’t forget about the grease! It’s true what they say: “If you don’t grease, you won’t go”. And, for starters, the best way to unscrew the nut is not to be lazy, to find and use the appropriate wrench.