How to make an adapter to a power tiller with your own hands
The adapter to the power tiller was created for the convenience of cultivating the garden. If you attach an attachment to it, you can expand the scope of the device:
An adapter is a device that is designed to move on a power tiller. You can use it to control the machine while sitting in the seat and still work the ground. The trailer to the Neva motocultivator is equipped with a steering device. It allows you to simplify the use of a power tiller.
This trailer speeds up work in the field. With this design you can increase the speed of the cultivator from 5 to 10 km/h. Consider the device adapter. An adapter to a power tiller consists of:
After attaching the adapter, the motocultivator looks and is used like a mini tractor. To create an adapter on a cultivator with front steering, you need a frame. It is used to mount the operator’s seat. The frame is fixed on the chassis.
The seat is fixed to the frame. Makes it easier for the operator to control the cultivator. A system of wheels helps to move the machine around the site. There are 2 types of wheels: metal (used in the field) and rubber (used for driving on the road).
Made of steel or cast iron by welding. It attaches the cart to the cultivator. The U-shaped mounting system is considered the best. With this design the machine is stable.
- The maximum speed of a power tiller with a trailer is 12 km/h.
- The highest lifting capacity is 100 kg.
- The track diameter is 67 cm.
- Dimensions are 130x70x71 cm.
- Weight of the device. 22 kg.
- The warranty period of operation is 5 years.
बैठने के जुगाड़ वाला रोटावेटर | Mini Rotavator with seating attachment | Raja Spray. Power Tiller
Types of adapters for power tillers
The adapter looks like a trailer with two wheels and a driver’s seat. This design allows to automate and facilitate all work processes. If you want to make an adapter to the power tiller with your own hands, first the owner should decide on the best choice of one of the existing types of devices. The attachment, depending on the type of transmission, can be with articulation:
Advantages and disadvantages
After the single-axle tractor has been upgraded, the designers note the positive qualities of the front adaptor:
- ease of operation;
- Opening of the traction resource. the available abilities increase;
- Expanding the possibilities of work. soil processing will be accelerated;
- If necessary, the unit can be disassembled and reassembled;
- good weight and axle balance;
- It is possible to move around on the device.
Disadvantages include the fact that if a movable hitch is present, stability is impaired.
Adapter on a single-axle tractor consists of such structural elements:
- The frame is constructed with a central or staircase. As the material is suitable metal pipes, angles. The design model must include a fork and bushing that will allow the trailer to turn freely. There are transformed vehicles in which the unit and trailer are combined. In this option, a new stand must be made for the transmission and motor.
- Suspension systems can be axial, axle, swivel, gantry. It is constructed without the use of elastic fragments.
- Steel plate is used for the body.
- The hitch is an important part of the converter, it makes the single axle tractor stable and securely connected. The hitch is made of a 15cm pin.
- Seat. the driver’s workplace.
- Steering is used with a rigid connection. You build it with your own hands or buy it in a special store. People craftsmen install the steering rod and rack from the car “VAZ” or “Volga”.
Manufacturing of ridge plough power tiller || kalappai || agriculture tool || Building Strong
Tools and materials
To make with your own hands an adapter to a power tiller, you need to prepare everything you need in advance. Pick up leftovers that are in the pantry, there are no requirements for them, except one: reliability. All parts must normally withstand the high loads exerted during work. The basic list looks like this:
- Welding machine. If you do not have one, rent one for a day, it is cheaper than buying. It’s even easier to prepare everything in advance and invite a welder for an hour, he will connect all the parts according to the drawing.
- angle grinder. With its help, metal is cut, grind. Don’t forget to buy some cutting-off wheels and at least one grinding disk.
- An electric drill with a set of metal drill bits of different diameters.
- Measuring tools: tape measure, square, pencil, level to check the flatness.
- Roll formed tube to assemble the frame. Choose the size on the spot, the main thing is that the frame is strong.
- Wheels and accessories they have. Use a metal bar of suitable diameter for the axis, and you can make separate modules for each disk. You will need bearings to select the diameter of the seating hole.
- Coupling. It’s easier to buy ready-made, because the assembly is difficult to make, and it costs cheap. Then you won’t have to adjust anything and your work will be almost twice as fast.
- A seat from any technique, a steel plate for the support part, pedals, brake handle. Choose accessories according to the drawing.
If you have a diagram with the dimensions in hand, then when buying a profiled tube it can even be cut as necessary. Instead of it it is allowed to use angles, but they are not so convenient to work with, and the view will not be as attractive. Do not forget about anti-corrosion coating for the frame, it is easier to buy the compound “3 in 1”, then you do not have to apply primer.
If the construction will be put on the back, you need two hitches, so you can hitch the equipment to the adapter.
Algorithm of action
To begin assembling additional equipment for the motor cultivator, you will need a drawing, according to which the elements of attachment and construction of fragments will be made. If you have special skills and experience, you can make a self-made adapter for a single-axle tractor and the drawing yourself. In case of fear of making a mistake, you should take ready-made drawings. Before constructing it is recommended to check and reconcile dimensions and figures.
Tools and consumables:
- Metal corners, square profile;
- bearings for the steering wheel and column;
- metal sheets;
- A pair of wheels, preferably on an axle;
- Drills, electrodes, discs for angle grinder;
- wrenches of various sizes;
- electric welding machine;
- Lubricating compositions. solidol;
- angle grinder;
- electric screwdriver;
At the preparatory stage it is necessary to make a selection of kinematic scheme, which provides indicators of the equilibrium of the entire structure. Overload warnings must also be provided. It is recommended to use ready-made drawings of an adapter with a rudder to a power tiller.
The course of work:
- Starting work. making the frame. The frame is made of cut parts of the selected steel building material. Cut the metal to the right length with an angle grinder. fasten the pieces by bolts or welding.
- A 1.8 m long piece of square metal profile is welded to a 60 cm long piece of metal profile. Align the elements perpendicularly. This piece will serve as a mount for the tires. The wheel stand must be at least thirty centimeters in height.
- Weld spacers to the main frame and wheel bushings. The size of the frame is 40×40 cm, which may vary depending on the individual project.
- A profile is welded to the edge of the frame. Axle pipes are bolted together.
- Attach the control arm to the frame by welding. To increase the performance of management, the arm is constructed with one or more bends with a length of 70-80 centimeters. Knee pieces are bolted together. The size of the adapter for the motor block, it is recommended to check with the drawings and diagrams, because they will help you to create a foolproof design with your own hands.
- As the support under the seat is a tube 30-40 cm long, it is welded to the base frame. With the driver’s seat it is easier to control the machine when working in the field.
- The hitch part of the mechanism is welded to the back of the crab. The fixing is made of steel or cast iron material. An electric welder is used to connect the parts. The fastener is an important component that provides a secure grip. The U-joint is the most suitable. Thanks to this part, the vehicle becomes stable.
- The wheels on the adapter to the tiller are suitable for two types. rubber or metal. The last option is used for work in the field. Rubber wheel has a deep tread, which will move on a dirt roadway and, if necessary, to travel off-road. The wheel radius is suitable from 15 to 18 inches. Wheels from the domestic automobile industry. “VAZ”, “Moskvich” are suitable.
- The resulting device is treated with primer and paint. This technique will prevent the appearance of metal corrosion.
How to make it with your own hands
Of course, the purchase of an adapter to the power tiller, ready to work is the best and easiest way out of the situation. All the same, they do cost quite a lot, so not every farmer or just a cottager is ready to afford their purchase. No wonder why many people wonder how to make an adapter with their own hands.
It is certainly possible, and you can find quite a few recommendations on the web, which relate to the independent manufacture of adapters. over, there are also many drawings, giving the opportunity to consider this device more clearly and in detail.
Using them, it is quite possible to create such a unit in domestic conditions, using a minimum of tools and materials. To make a homemade adapter you will need:
- welding machine;
- wheel set;
- steel angles and sheets;
- driver’s seat;
- fasteners; iron pipes.
Before we begin to work on the construction of the device, it is necessary at least in general consider the finished scheme. It should take into account and indicate the load grades for the different parts of the frame and the overall dimensions of the device. Now we can move directly to the production design.
The whole work will consist of several steps:
- Let’s take a square profile, approx. 1800 mm long. Across it, we weld the same iron flap, only smaller. about 600 mm. To this profile you are going to fasten the wheel stands, which should be about 300 mm high.
- After that you need to attach the struts. Fix them to the center frame and to the wheels. The angle of the wheel hubs in relation to the frame is whatever you want it to be. A beam is additionally welded to the metal profile. This is necessary to reinforce the frame.
- The frame for the additional equipment is welded from a channel 0.
- To the wheel carrier it is matched by means of a piece of square tube and the seams are welded by means of a welding machine.
- Now we weld a control arm with three knees (200, 350 550 and millimeters) to the frame.
- Fix another one to the arm (size 800 mm), it will adjust the force.
- Put bolts between the arms.
The first stage is passed. Let’s proceed to the next step.
Work with the construction of the adapter
Now begins the work with the adapter. To do this, perform the following steps:
- To the central frame you need a piece of 300 mm pipe welded. it will be a support for the driver’s seat.
- On top perpendicular to this support in a similar way weld 2 pieces of pipe. This is required so that the seat does not come off during work and is more stable in the process of shaking during work. The seat can be ready-made, and you can make it yourself from a piece of plywood and foam rubber, it is at the discretion of the master.
- Fix the seat to the cross pieces of pipe that are welded to the stand itself, as well as to the stand under the seat. Use bolts as a fixing element.
- At the front, weld the mechanism for coupling with the tiller, and then the work can be considered complete.
As you can see, this case is quite simple. The main difficulty lies only in the need to have at least initial skills with a welder, because there is simply no other method of connecting each component.
Adapter with steering
If you have the skills, then if you want, the design can be a little more complicated, making another self-made adapter to the tiller, to which you can attach another steering.
To carry out this idea, you will need to prepare the following materials and tools:
This design requires the adapter frame to be tightly connected to your power tiller, otherwise the device will “run sideways”, as they say. For the construction you can take any ready-made steering wheel, even from old “soviet” cars (from the same VAZ, for example).
Adapters for any power tiller, including the Neva, make it possible to significantly increase the operator’s comfort in controlling the mini-tractor. In fact, the driver no longer has to constantly drag himself behind the machine. Now he can just sit in a comfortable seat and do the same thing, only in comfort and in more heat.
The design of such units is quite simple, and independent production of them at home is quite possible. Here it is necessary to take into account that home assembling presupposes at least basic skills in welding, as well as the accompanying tools. You will also need to stock up on plenty of corners and metal pipes, so as not to stop work due to lack of material. In general, though, the advisability of their own assembly adapter is, especially considering that it significantly saves money.
Block: 7/7 | Number of characters: 4808
Blueprints of couplings of various kinds
Block: 3/5 | Number of characters: 28
Features of the adapter for the power tiller
Adapter. a special device for riding on the power tiller. Using it, you can drive a single-axle tractor and till the soil at the same time.
An adapter for a power tiller helps to turn it into a mini-tractor
Working with a power tiller would be much easier if you use an adapter. You can change attachments depending on what work you need to do. plowing, planting, weeding, hauling. With this device all processes will speed up twice as much.
This machine lets you sit back comfortably on the seat it’s equipped with. Now you can do household chores, but with more comfort. Steering adapters are available on the market. However, you can make them yourself.
The hitch is responsible for linking the attachment to the mechanical unit itself. This attachment is defined as one of the most important, so it is made of high-strength metals. steel or cast iron.
The length of such a device is about 2 meters, width. 80 centimeters.
Depending on the clutch, you can consider the following design options:
- With a movable clutch. Such a device is the lightest. The clutch here is located in the front, but steering in this case is more difficult, because it is necessary to turn the entire power unit;
- With steering control. The clutch here is rigid, and the steering is done by a mechanical steering unit. It is easier to use, but more difficult to produce.
The following adapters are designed for different power tillers. On mechanisms with low power. with a short attachment, on powerful. with a long.