How to choose the right gasoline grass trimmer. 2nd place PATRIOT PT 553 (11)
Model Oleo-Mac Sparta 25 S
straight-boom grass trimmer. Equipped with 1 liter two-stroke engine.с. Weight is just over 5.5 kg. Fuel tank capacity 750 ml. Comes with a line for the trimmer.
- Easy assembly ensures rapid preparation of equipment for work. The lawnmower comes with a set of tools required for its assembly and adjustment.
- Well thought-out design is a guarantee of ease of direct use. This grass trimmer easily cuts grass even in hard-to-reach places, such as along fences.
- No vibration makes mowing the grass easier. Working with this brushcutter is fatigue-free, which increases output, i.e. the amount of grass mowed in a single pass.
- Compact size for easy storage and transportation.
- Low noise level makes using the grass trimmer comfortable for people around.
- Relatively high weight. Of course, this parameter is perceived by each owner individually, but in general you can specify this characteristic as a disadvantage, since the market offers models with the same characteristics, but with a weight of about 1.5 times lower.
- Not very comfortable handle. This negative moment is affected by prolonged use. The hand gradually becomes slack and the movement becomes sloppy.
- Poor maintainability. This is the reason for the high cost of repair. Although the manufacturer claims that its products work without any problems, but in practice they sometimes break. Repair of this trimmer for grass is connected with the difficulties of dismantling some nodes, which complicates the recovery process.
- No grass catcher bag.
Conclusion. This model is suitable for mowing lawns planted on fairly clean soil and for working rolled turf on sports fields and other grounds. Grass trimmer Oleo-Mac Sparta 25 S is preferably used for short work.
Model Echo SRM-2305SI
Standard top mounted grass trimmer with D-handle. 0.8 l two-stroke engine.с. Weighs 5.8kg. Gasoline consumption 0.5 l/h. Equipped with i-Start system for easy starting.
- Easy start-up. The engine is easy to start, which reduces the load on the starter and indirectly extends the life of the device.
- Easy fueling of the grasshopper and low fuel consumption.
- The rather high noise level limits the use of the grass trimmer in some applications, such as hospitals, schools, etc.д.
- Loosely written instructions make it difficult to prepare the equipment for first time use.
- Difficulty in finding and buying spare parts worsens maintainability.
- Low RPM reduces mowing speed and overall performance.
- Failure of the cord reel design. from time to time it gets clogged with grass and you have to clean it manually.
Outlet. Performs well in intensive use. The Echo SRM-2305SI Grass Trimmer is ideal for cutting low-grass lawns. Not recommended for stony soils.
Cheap Japanese-made grass trimmer, equipped with a 0.85 liter two-stroke motor.с. Weight of 4.7 kg. Comes with a comfortable handlebar mounting bracket in the form of a bicycle handlebar.
- Low cost.
- Easy replacement of cutting head.
- Height adjustable handle makes it easy to use and allows the owner to get used to the brushcutter in no time. The device can literally be adjusted for you and experience real comfort when mowing the grass.
- The very strong trimmer line easily cuts any kind of hard grass, even lumpy grass with thick stems. Steel blade for hard grass and young bushes is included.
- Low weight ensures easy handling of the trimmer in the process of treatment of the lawn. Thanks to the lightness of the brushcutter it is possible to make a wider swing and mow large quantity of grass in one trip.
Choosing a grass trimmer is a pretty important step on the path to a neat garden. You can pick up a gasoline brushcutter in the rating of the best models on the basis of several criteria: price, equipment, power.
The unit is very lightweight, weighing no more than 5 kg. Working area over 40 cm. 2 attachments are included: a line for trimmer, a knife, as well as a shoulder strap. Additionally, you can install a shrub shearer.
The engine has a fuse that turns off the power in case of grass. Comfortable handle and reduced vibration minimize strain on the spine.
Cutting width over 40 cm. Kit includes 2 cutting tips and a shoulder strap. Quick-rotating blade speed cuts mowing time. 2-stroke engine. Straight boom.
However, the unit has a low power output. Suitable for mowing grass, weeds only. Tank can hold only 400 ml of fuel. The lawnmower weighs 5 kg.
Feels good even in high 30-32° C temperatures. The integrated air cooling system inside the engine ensures high efficiency. No noise or vibration in operation. Suitable for mowing grass, weeds, small bushes. Weighs 5 kg.
STIHL FS 55
Comes with 25 cm blade, line for trimmer, strap with two straps, protective guards. Two-stroke engine. Maximum weight 5 kg. Straight boom. Bicycle handle. Material of the body and the boom is made of plastic.
Gasoline Engine Type
Gasoline grass trimmers are equipped with both two-stroke and four-stroke engines. It can not be said that one or the other variety has clear advantages. At least there is no direct relationship between the type of engine and its capacity. you can find both domestic models with a four-stroke engine and professional with a two-stroke.
Two-stroke engines compared to four-stroke engines, having less weight, operate in a higher speed range, which provides greater productivity. Of course, two-strokes “eat” more fuel and produce more noise and exhaust, but also bribe their unpretentiousness in operation. Work with a trimmer, equipped with a two-stroke engine, will have to start each time with the preparation of petrol-oil mixture, but if such an engine suddenly fails, reanimate it to you, most likely, will not be difficult.
Four-stroke engines don’t have almost all disadvantages of a two-stroke engine: they produce much less noise during operation, the volume of their exhaust gases is substantially lower, and gasoline and engine oil are filled into different containers.
They are more fuel-efficient and have a longer service life. All of this, however, does not mean that four-stroke engines are ideal. No, they have disadvantages.
The engine is more complex, which means more complicated maintenance and repair. A four-stroke engine will always be heavier than a two-stroke that is equal in power, which negatively affects the weight of the whole tool and therefore the handling comfort. Finally, a grass trimmer equipped with a four-stroke engine will be more expensive than one with a two-stroke engine.
It is worth mentioning that along with the classic four-stroke engines there are also hybrid ones: they have a four-stroke cycle, but the lubrication system is the same as for the standard two-stroke engine.
Choice of handle shape
How to choose a gasoline trimmer for dacha with a comfortable handle? Deciding on the right one. The handles should rest comfortably in your palms and be securely held, even during intensive work.
- Bike (or T-handle) handle. Its shape accurately imitates the movement of a conventional brushcutter and is suited for big and difficult terrain. The throttle lever is located on one of the handles. Its only disadvantage: in small spaces or hard-to-reach places, it can be uncomfortable because of its size (the handle protrudes on the sides). PATRIOT PT 4355 Imperial, Bigmaster BT152, Caiman WX24 Promo are equipped with this handle.
- D- and J-shaped handle. This type is usually put on the household and semi-professional class chain saws, such as STIHL FS-45, Echo GT-22GES, PARTNER XS 9667111-01. They are compact, have a rubber pad against slipping of the hands, but it is not very convenient to mow large areas or very dense vegetation with such a handle.
This is the parameter that gives you an idea of how wide a swath you can mow in one go. Everyone wants more power, of course. But the bigger the width (diameter of the working head), the bulkier and heavier the device. We advise to go for 35 cm when working with small areas or mowing between beds, flowerbeds and other objects. If your lawn is big, you’re better off with a 42- to 45cm wide model.
General criteria for choosing brushcutters
2 or 4 stroke engine?
The great majority of brushcutters are equipped with a 2-stroke engine that provides sufficient power and performance. Its advantage is its relatively low weight and size compared to a 4-stroke. To get the most out of a 2-stroke engine, you have to fill the tank with oil and gasoline. If you add too much oil, the engine will complain, and if too little. wear out more quickly piston group.
The 4-stroke engines are much simpler: oil and gasoline are poured into different reservoirs, so you can’t make a mistake with the dosage. The 4-stroke also uses less fuel to produce the same power as a 2-stroke. Although it should be noted that if you mow infrequently, the difference in fuel consumption is almost not noticeable. Only few brushcutters are equipped with a 4-stroke engine. These machines are expensive. If the price is not bothering you but you need power and productivity, you can take a Makita EM4351UH with a 2 L 4-cycle engine.с.
What kind of power to get??
For gasoline trimmers power ranges from 0.85 to 6.1 liters. с. Of course, these high horsepower machines are very rare. They are heavy and are mainly used to mow through virgin land. In most cases such a lawnmower is not needed in the home.
For cutting grass in the garden and vegetable garden a 1 to 2 liter power tool is enough. с Most of the models in our ranking of the best brushcutter are just that power. They are able to work with both a brushcutter and a circular blade. Note, too, that small grass trimmers do not weigh much, so you can work with them for quite a long time.
The brushcutter power also affects how thick a trimmer line can be used with your brushcutter. Here are the average indicators of the dependence of the thickness of the fishing line on the power of the unit:
- 1.3 to 1.6 mm. compatible with models with 0.85 l to 1 l. с.
- 2 to 2.4 mm. suitable for 1 to 1.3 l models. с.
- From 2.7 to 4 mm. suitable for trimmers of 1.5. 6 l.с.
Please note that a thin brushcutter line, for example 1.6mm, should not be used on a 2hp brushcutter. с.It will run out quickly, so you won’t get the results you need.
Mowing width is determined by the size of the deck (protection), which limits the departure of the line or knife. The wider the cutting width, the faster you can get through overgrown areas. This ejection can be from 35 to 55 cm. Some mowers have a larger mowing width just because the deck is farther away and smaller in size. This is not always a good thing, because the smaller the deck, the more likely it is that grass and debris will fly into the operator. Mowing width of 40 to 45 cm is optimal. For larger areas, go for a 55 cm wide unit.
When deciding which brushcutter to buy pay attention to additional features:
- Protection from overheating. The engine switches off at critical temperature to prevent damage. The function is convenient when mowing during warm weather (we recommend to do it in the morning or in the evening, when it is not so hot).
- Handle adjustment. While most brushcutters are equipped with adjustable bar, some models do not have an extendable bar. This parameter should be checked directly with the seller. Handle adjustment allows you to adjust the scythe to your height.
- Semi-automatic line feed. During mowing, the line for the trimmer is gradually consumed by contact with grass and hard objects. To pull it out of the spool to the desired length in some models, it is sufficient to simply press the bobbin on the ground. So there is no need to turn off the device and bend down to pull the line for the trimmer.
Renowned manufacturers do not always produce high-quality models, so it is worth carefully studying the technical characteristics of a particular instance. To simplify the choice and not to read a lot of contradictory reviews, we have prepared for you a rating of the best, according to reviews of owners, gasoline trimmers.
Mobil K XT141C Premium
The lightest gasoline trimmer for grass in our rating. Its weight is only 4 kg 490 g, so women can also use it. Equipped with the high-tech HIGH PERFOMANCE motor, which is 20% more powerful with minimal vibration and noise. The manufacturer also claims even greater reliability, the service life is increased by 3.5 times.
The new MOBIL K HIGHSPEED CONICAL GEER CG1 gearbox with quality bearings and hardened bevel gears also helps reduce vibrations. A distinctive feature is the Comfort Start system, which facilitates start-up in 2 times. Thanks to it, there is no jerk and no kickback. Ergonomic handle and shoulder strap help distribute the weight of the tool as evenly as possible.
German unit with a capacity of 3.30 л.с. Designed for those who watch and take care of their garden. The T-handle with rubber pads ensures a firm grip in the hand when working in large areas. For convenience, its position can be changed, as well as there are signs on it about the rules of safety. Fuel capacity 1.Enough 2 litres for 2 hours of intensive grass trimming.
Direct rigid shaft makes it possible to mow neglected areas with dense grass by means of a line or a knife at 9500 rpm. Cutting unit has a cutting width of 255 mm. It’s not necessary to disassemble the spool to lengthen the line for the trimmer, just at high revolutions of the device not to hit the ground heavily. Protective cover has a length regulator for cutting area. Thanks to the top-mounted motor, it does not overheat and is not blocked by vegetation. Comes with a shoulder strap to spare your back from the 7 kg weight.
- Great for dry grass of different lengths. Also for shrubs.
- Quick to start.
- Easy to grip.
- Low price.
The most affordable petrol grass trimmer in our rating with a cutting width of 43 cm. This model is as powerful as any other brand-name mower. The blade is capable of speeds up to 7500 rpm./min. Fuel tank holds 1 liter of fuel. Half a liter of mix is enough for half an hour of active work. Comes with: belt, blade and fishing line.
Fubag FPT 43
This gasoline grass trimmer belongs to the medium price category. Thanks to the “Primer and Easy Start” option, there is a quick start of the engine. Power output 1.75 л.с. Enough to cut even large grass, while saving fuel. Handle can be folded down for easy transportation. You can also choose the size of the main shaft that suits you.
255 mm wide blades increase surface mowing speed. The housing is metal-mounted, which increases its reliability. Adjustment is possible by means of an adjusting screw, without the use of tools. The non-disassembled boom increases the strength of the design.
This model is designed for mowing in difficult places: near walls, stairs, trees. Fuel pump allows you to pump gasoline to the carburetor, which in turn allows you to start the device without jerking, even after idle time. Large deflector hood protects from flying objects. Cutting system. a fishing line for trimmer, ideal for rough terrain, as in contact with solid objects will not be damaged. The machine is easy to operate, because of the low weight of 5.6 kg.
Curved boom lets you position the unit from different angles and allows you to reach inaccessible areas. Accidental start protection with safety button. Thanks to the collapsible design, gasoline grass trimmer can easily fit in the trunk. Fuel tank lid connects to tank with special holder. Rubber buffers absorb vibrations.
- Lightweight for hands and back without fatigue.
- Convenient design with curved boom.
- 38 cm cutting width.
- The grass doesn’t get clogged during operation.
PATRIOT PT 555
This model has earned a lot of positive feedback from gasoline trimmer owners. Engine capacity is 52 cc. That allows you to mow even real weeds, with the included blade. Easy filter access makes the machine easy to service.
- High power allows you to mow even difficult areas.
- Includes anti-vibration system.
- High-quality construction.
- Rigid shaft.
Good petrol trimmer for grass with a capacity of 1.9 l.With which to mow nearly every kind of grass. The boom is collapsible, so it can easily be transported even in the trunk of a small car.
Fuel consumption at maximum load of 0.62 l/h. Line feed is semi-automatic. Trimmer line 2 included.4 mm and blade.
The lightweight design weighs only 4.5 kg to cut 42 cm in girth. The grass trimmer is stored in the original bag, which comes with. Replacement cutting element: trimmer blade or line. Can be fitted with a hedge trimmer/chopper. When winding dense grass, the brake is triggered, which allows the engine not to burn out. Thanks to the Robin engine, the amount of toxic gases is minimized.
The price/quality trimmer ranking includes the following models:
- Oleo-Mac BCH 40 T;
- Husqvarna 143R-II;
- Echo SRM-2655SI;
- STIHL FS 55;
- STIHL FS 38;
- Oleo-Mac Sparta 25 Eco Aluminium;
- EFCO Stark 25;
- Echo SRM-22GES;
- Makita EM2500U.
1 seat Oleo-Mac BCH 40 T
- Engine power: 2L.с.
- fuel capacity: 0.86 л
- cutting width: 41 cm
- Grass trimmer cutting element: trimmer line and blade, trimmer line 2.40 mm
- weight: 8.2 kg
A mid-priced petrol grass trimmer is the perfect blend of performance and economy. Unique design ensures reliability and durability.
- The crankshaft is made of forged steel and has a three-piece design;
- Cast chrome cylinder;
- Gearbox is made in corrosion-resistant aluminum housing;
- Stainless steel driveline material;
- Vibration-resistant bearings;
- Noise reduction due to the use of stainless steel muffler;
- Shock-absorbing elements reduce vibration loads;
- Fuel tank protection;
- 4 year warranty.
2nd place Husqvarna 143R-II
- Engine power: 2 liters.с.
- fuel tank capacity: 0.94 л
- cutting width: 48 cm
- Grass trimmer cutting element: trimmer line and blade, trimmer blade 3 mm
- weight: 8 kg
Which Trimmer Line is Best? Let’s find out!
The device is equipped with a powerful engine, with reduced noise. Increased continuous operation time thanks to the efficient air-cooling system. Use a T-handle (bicycle) for steering. Steel forged shaft inside the boom, which makes the mower very reliable. This grass mower is even used in military units, which shows its reliability. But there is a fly in the ointment. Not very convenient suspension, the back begins to get tired after 5 hundred. Other features:
Best Brush Cutter Blade? Let’s find out! Stihl, Husqvarna, Echo, Oregon, Renegade & Forester
- Protected 0.94-litre fuel tank;
- Versatility due to the ability to use both a fishing line and a metal blade;
- The shaft is not demountable;
- The boom is made of aluminum alloy and is lightweight;
- Low vibration is achieved by a special design of the gearbox;
- Optimal balance.
3rd place Echo SRM-2655SI
Lawn mower on a straight boom, weighing 5.9 kg. 2-stroke engine has a capacity of 1.1 liters.с. Grass trimmer works with a 3 mm line or a knife. Mowing width is 43 centimeters and the tank capacity is 650 ml. There is an easy start system. Comes with a comfortable shoulder strap. Good vibration system.
For working in any position, the grass trimmer is equipped with a rotary carburetor.
Review: Not the most powerful model, but extremely comfortable and productive. If you install a wide trimmer line, you won’t leave a trail of deadwood. users note that in the end it is not possible to perfectly level the lawn, as a lawnmower (but it is not a lawnmower, and a trimmer for grass). Customers are attracted by the long warranty (5 years), which pays off. True, in order to provide such a warranty, it is required to undergo maintenance in an official service, promo like cars. The device is not prone to failure.
4th place STIHL FS 55
- engine power: 1 litre.с.
- Fuel tank capacity: 0.33 л
- cutting width: 55 cm
- Grass trimmer cutting element: trimmer line and blade, trimmer blade 2.40mm
- weight: 5 kg
Pay special attention to this model. German manufacturer includes safety glasses and a universal strap. There is an ErgoStart easy starter. The device is equipped with an effective vibration damping system as well:
- Multifunctional handle, in which all trimmer controls are integrated;
- Manually operated priming pump;
- Electronic ignition system;
- Direct drive shaft coupled to a two-stroke engine gives high efficiency, reliability and durability of the mechanical elements.
5th place STIHL FS 38
- engine power: 0.9 л.с.
- fuel capacity: 0.33 л
- cutting width: 38 cm
- Grass trimmer cutting element: trimmer line, 2 mm
- weight: 4.1 kg
The lawnmower is not only capable of cutting grass, but also of removing tough stems, shrubs, branches. Manufacturer has developed several types of heads, each of which is best suited to its type of mowing: PolyCut. perfectly copes with thick stems; AutoCut C. provides maximum ease of use; FixCut. good for simple lawn mowing. Advantages of the grass trimmer:
- The controls are integrated into the adjustable circular handle;
- Quick-start and reliable operation of the engine due to electronic ignition system;
- Low weight and excellent balance ensure maximum working comfort.
6th place Oleo-Mac Sparta 25 Eco Aluminium
- engine power: 1 l.с.
- fuel tank capacity: 0.75 л
- cutting width: 23 cm
- Grass trimmer cutting element: trimmer line and blade, trimmer line 2.40 mm
- weight: 6.2 kg
robust and reliable than its predecessor. Nickel-silicon coating on the cylinder and piston as well as the improved lubrication system.