How to properly and safely remove (install) a disk from a corner grinder?
When rotating at idle, it is difficult to encounter such a problem. Especially when working with light circles and tools with a smooth start function. However, after increasing speed and contact with the cut surface, the following occurs:
- In the event of the resistance of the material in the circle, the angular speed of rotation is sharply reduced, it inhibits.
- The inertia engine continues to work at the previous speeds for several moments, carrying the gearbox and spindle.
- The fixer nut inertia is more tightened along the thread of the spindle head, thereby impressing the detachment disk.
Everything, the process of delaying the fixing flange is completed. an abnormal situation on the face. The following factors influence its occurrence:
- Large circle.
- High tool power.
- The massiveness of the rotor.
- Sharp increase in cutting depth, t.e. Increased resistance.
In this case, it can be very difficult to remove a disk from an angular grinder. It is necessary to take additional measures.
How to eliminate the clamp
There are several simple ways that are used in the first place:
Teeth Saw Wood Angle Grinder Disc Demo 2021- Does it Work?
- Insert a metal rod into the holes and try to scroll with light hammer blows. The main thing is not to disrupt the holes and do not break the button.
- Heat the fasteners. When temperature changes, the technical parameters change slightly, and the expansion occurs.
- We grind the disc with another corner grinder until the nut is unscrewed.
Why Buy Linishall Belt & Disc Grinding Attachment
These methods are effective, but not always. Therefore, there are more correct options for delivering angular grinding grinding from the clamper clamp.
Cutting (abrasive) discs
This type of disc is most popular and is used for processing metal, stone and wood. Reinforced concrete, porcelain, marble and tiles require the use of a diamond disk.
All abrasive discs are classified depending on the outer diameter and thickness. The more powerful the tool, the larger and thicker the nozzle should be. The thickness of the disk also depends on the estimated speed and load speed.
Circles for working with metal. With their help, you can process leaf body steel and varietal steel rental. For stainless steel, aluminum, cast iron and other metals, there are special nozzles.
Information about the appointment of a circle is contained in its marking. The working surface of the disk consists of layers of fiberglass mesh, which on both sides is covered with bakelite abrasive material.
Disks for working with stone. The type of abrasive material is all that distinguishes them from metal circles.
Wood circles. High.strength steel is used for their manufacture. Outwardly, they differ in the presence of sharp teeth along the edges. The wood disk works on the same principle as the circular saw. Therefore, working with him requires special precaution.
Diamond discs. They are used to work with high.strength natural and artificial materials. Diamond circles for working with concrete, reinforced concrete and stone are distinguished from each other by the type of diamond spraying and the type of cutting edge.
Remember that these disks cannot be worked with metal blanks. It is not always easy to understand why this or that disk is intended for, so pay attention to the application to the packaging or ask the seller. Sometimes the purpose of the disk can be recognized by the color of its front side:
- green. for working with granite;
- yellow. with gypsum and tiles;
- blue. with marble and concrete;
- gray. with porcelain tiles and tiles;
- orange. with brick.
Diamond circles with a cutting surface divided into segments do not require cooling water, unlike disks with a continuous cutting blade.
Disks having slots rotate faster than circles with a segmented cutting edge.
Classification by material
Disks for corner grinder are made from several different materials. Each of them has its own characteristics. Types of circles for angular grinding machines:
- Diamond. They are made of steel, on which diamond spraying is applied. This type of nozzle cuts and polishes any metal, concrete, artificial and natural stone (including granite and marble), ceramics, glass. A saw diamond disk for an angular grinder provides the thinnest incision. You need to saw small cuts. A new type of diamond nozzles. polishing circles on a flexible basis (“turtles”). Their surface has a corrugated structure in the form of a turtle shell (hence the name). Flexible diamond discs are attached to the base. a nozzle made of hard rubber with Velcro.
- Cool. Circles of this species are also made of metal. They have a solder of high.carbon molybdenum steels with chromium and nickel additives along the edges. They are used mainly when cutting metals, less often for wood. Corner grinder is suitable for working with many metals. There are carbular discs specially designed for thin, high.carbon, stainless steel, aluminum.
- Abrasive. The basis is dense waterproof latex paper with a reinforcing mesh or fiber. A layer of abrasive material is applied to it. particles of aluminum oxide, silicon carbide, tungsten carbide or corundum. A ligament for an abrasive is a resin or polymer. A grinding fiber for a corner grinder is used complete with a support plastic plastic plate or rubber. It serves as an emphasis and cools the abrasive. Abrasive circles are used as cutting, reference or peeling. Fiber circle is suitable for wood and concrete work, non.ferrous and ferrous metal processing. An abrasive is a zirconate or aluminum oxide, ceramic grain. The fiber circle is ideal for rough removal of old paint from the walls, facades and other surfaces.
- Metal wire. Disk brushes from this material are used to remove rust and other types of persistent plaque.
Disks for corner grinders can be conditionally attributed to support plates. They are also called supporting or plate disks. Plates are made of plastic or rubber. They are used in combination with some grinding, polishing, food nozzles, sandpaper circles. The need to use the support disk must be clarified when buying a circle for angular grinder.
How to remove a snapped disk from a corner grinder
The use of new nuts solves the problem of disk removal, but what to do with the already snack disk? Even if the disk was installed correctly, it does not always work out to remove it. Practice tells different solutions to the problem. You can clamp the latch and hit through the extension on the holes of the nut in the direction of unwinding. This option is possible only with a good fixer. But the fixer may not withstand such a solution to the problem and break.
The second method is more logical. Under the clamping nut and the lower support washer, there is a gearbox shaft with set chamfers. The lower support washer is put on them. The standard wrench cannot be installed there. it is very narrow. But you can take a regular face key on “17” and grind it on both sides.
The shotted key will be included in the gap, set on the chamfers of the shaft and fix it. Now, by any key, any nut will be unscrewed, and the disk or its residues are removed from the corner grinder.
If you follow everything that is described in the manual for the replacement of the disk with a corner grinding machine,
Everything should be done as follows:
Remove the electric tool cable from the network (sockets).
- Click on a button for fixing a rotating spindle.
- When you hold the stopper button for an angular grinding machine, using an open key, unscrew the flange nut. Turn the key for corner grinding, and in the direction of rotation of the nozzle. If you press the button with one hand, and it is difficult to work with the key with the other hand, you should ask for help.
- Remove the old disk from the shaft, which is no longer needed or requires replacement.
- Install a new disk.
- Fasten it manually with a nut or using a universal key. At the same time, with the other hand, you should hold a stopper, and the nut itself does not need to be tightened.
- Include a corner grinder for ½ minutes to maximum power into the network. If the disk rotates freely, without beating, the protective casing will not touch, you can start performing work.
In the kit for an angular grinding machine, there should be an open key.
Inexpensively in the kit, often includes a key of not the best quality, which is a way to quickly break (although this often happens with tools even from the best manufacturers). In the end, it even happens that the key can simply be lost. How to install and remove a disk on an angular grinder in this case, if there are no suitable tools at hand?
How to put a disk on a corner grinder correctly
Buy a circle that is strictly suitable for the dimensions of the corner grinder. When installing a new nozzle, remove the protective casing and carefully clean it.
If the disk rotates clockwise, then the nut is unscrewed in this direction. Twisting will occur counterclockwise.
There are universal nuts on sale that can easily be unscrewed without a special tool. If there is no desire to use additional keys, purchase such a mount.
The rest, most importantly, observe safety precautions. Work only with a shut.off and de.energized tool, follow the instructions.
How to put a disk on a corner grinder correctly?
In order to correctly put the disk on the corner grinder, it is worth noting that the disk is installed on the corner grinder spindle using a special clamping flange with M14 thread. Let’s take a closer look at how to remove a disk from a corner grinder. In order to unscrew the disk from the corner grinder, you first need to dismantle the flange. Especially for such purposes, manufacturers complete the corner grinder with a special track key. It has a specific form. The pins located on the horns of this key are inserted into the specially provided holes on the flange.
To unscrew the flange, fix the spindle. To do this, clamp the lock, which is usually the button on the upper part of the case. When pressing, the codium is placed in the hole of the ledge of the gearbox, and this, in turn, prevents its rotation. Next, we insert the keypads of the key into the specially provided holes on the flange, by clicking on the latch, it is necessary to simultaneously turn counterclockwise and shift the flange from the place. If the manipulations were successful and the flanet succumbed, you can unscrew it with your hand and put it aside.
Now we dismantle the disk. Often, in the process of intensive work with the tool on the inside of the protective casing, a certain plaque of small particles of metal and abrasive material is formed. For optimal, stable and durable operation of the corner grinder, remove the lower part of the flange and clean the casing with a steel brush.
The structure of the location of the pile and the shape of the product depends on the work for which the nozzle is intended for the corner grinder. A competent choice is able to make life easier for the master performing work. The instrument market offers to consumers brushes of the following forms:
- Chalice. Cordrates in the form of a cup do a great job with hard processing of large areas. The vertical location of the pile on cup brushes provides the correct vector of effort.
- Conical. In these devices, the bristles are located at an angle relative to the base plane. This design allows you to process parts with minor recesses on the surface.
- Radial. Such nozzles are also called “brush-carzka”. They are designed to finish the products from the scale formed after the etching procedure. A special location of the pile allows you to work in hard.to.reach places.
- Disk. This form is the most common. The stubble is located on the horizontal plane of the tool. This design is not suitable for large work, but it copes with narrow recesses perfectly.
For the manufacture of brushes, a wire of various types is used:
- Twisted. This type of execution is characterized by a wire twisted by harnesses in random order. The pressure on the surface is higher, however, the life is much less.
- Burnt. Nozzles on a corner grinder with a burning pile located in a strict order are favorably distinguished by the strength of the structure, as well as the effect of independent sharpening during operation.
- Corrugated. The wave.like structure of the wire gives the brush a springy effect. This softens the effect on the processed surface.
The size of the nozzle depends on the size of the corner grinder. Their diameter ranges in the range from 75 to 200 mm.
Brushes for corner grinder have much better proven themselves when processing large areas. To clean the parts with a complex shape or curved surface, we recommend that you use a similar nozzle on a drill with directly opposite properties.