Removing and replacing the clutch of the chainsaw
Types of malfunctions do not depend on the chainsaw model, since the structure and principle of the clutch operation is the same on almost all modern power units. Chainsaw operators know that a slight problem from this node requires immediate active actions. The breakdowns are inevitable, since the clutch collides with not the most intensive operation of the tool with a large load. Often problems are related to:
- the wear of the node as a whole (it may burst the spring or the mechanism will begin to slip);
- Damage to the spring (the chain will rotate, the engine to work, but unstable);
- Sticks formed on the clutch fist due to a large load or overheating (it is enough to listen to the node during its operation, an extraneous noise indicates a malfunction).
Whatever the reason for the poor work of the coupling and related components, you need to dismantle the clutch to carry out its repair
Please note that repair work does not always give the desired result, so sometimes you need a clutch replacement on a chainsaw. All of the listed manipulations can be “crank” yourself, without turning to the specialists of service centers for help
How to remove clutch on a chainsaw?
It is not necessary to consider instructions for such a type of work for a single model, because for everyone one universal is used, which allows the dismantling of this unit on modern benzo tools.
If there are any distinctive nuances, then they relate to separate traction details. For example, some brands create one spring with two sections in the design of this node, which must be taken into account when the component is completely replaced (it must be replaced when the spring is damaged, due to which the circuit will rotate, and the engine will demonstrate unstable operation).
To dismantle the clutch, we adhere to such an algorithm.
- We dismantle the entire headset. Also remove the cap placed on an air filter and clutch.
- Manually stop the crankshaft so that it does not rotate. It is more convenient to do this, using a rope that is threaded through the candle hole, while removing the candle itself. Do not forget that for this you need to reliably fix the piston in one position. Alternatively remove the starter cap and entrust a couple of bolts into the rotary mechanism of the ignition system.
- With the help of a special key, which is usually included in the tooling of the tool, unscrew the clutch (you need to unscrew with movements against the course of the clockwise). No need to be afraid to make efforts, usually the fasteners of this node on modern chainsaws are strong.
- Remove the drum and the leading star.
After that, you can install new spare parts (which needed to be replaced). Twisting fasteners, we make movements along the time of time. Do not forget about the crankshaft where the starter is placed. It needs to be stopped.
When assembling, we adhere to the same algorithm of actions, but in the reverse sequence.
By screwing the knot manually, use the brake of the SAW ELREANT to fix for fixing. Tilt the tool forward, try to start it, remove the unit from the brake.
Speaking about the complete replacement of the clutch, do not forget that experts recommend changing the knot after two replacements for the guide. You need to take into account when servicing couplings and such nuances:
- On some saws there is a washer located in the gap between the clutch and an asterisk (sometimes a motor and asterisk), this must be taken into account during repair work;
- Disassembleing the tool, dismantling the clutch, try not to damage the special spring of the oil pump (the drive of this node), do not try to put it in its original position, otherwise this will cause the causes with the supply of lubricants.
Before operating the saw on which the clutch was repaired, check the unit for the serviceability of the engine, the reliability of fixing the bolts, test the lubricant system.
|Malfunction||Possible reason||The method of elimination|
|The chain is spinning without stopping, with any adjustments of the carburetor. The engine works unstable.||The spring burst in the drum.||Remove the spring and replace with a new one, or put a new knot.|
|The chain spins almost constantly, making extraneous sounds.||Cooking fist.|
In order to remove the clutch from the chainsaw, you should first be careful and careful so as not to damage anything superfluous.
This operation should be performed according to this algorithm:
- Remove the saw and chain. To do this, unscrew the manual brake of the chain, pulling the handle over yourself. Then dismantle the tire, remove the pollution.
- Remove the casing from the air filter and clutch.
- Blok the crankshaft. This is a mandatory procedure to avoid its rotation during operation. To do this, unscrew the spark plug, fix the piston at the lower “dead” point and put the rope into the candle hole.
- Using a special key, remove the clutch. You need to unscrew it clockwise, because it usually has left thread.
- Replace damaged parts. Collect the clutch of the chainsaw should be in the reverse order in which the analysis was carried out.
Quite often, replacing the chain coupling, including Champion 242, is explained by the fact that this part may burst. And the reason is simple.
All modern chainships are equipped with a chain brake device, and in most models it is controlled using a tape located on the tire and a chain surrounding the clutch drum.
If the user does not turn off the chain brake over time, but, on the contrary, continues to press the throttle of the throttle on the trigger, the tire cover and the chain will be melted, forcing the clutch drum burst. In this case, the repair of the chainsaw is inevitable.Consider the replacement of the clutch drum on the example of Champion 242 chainsaw, which is fully executed.The clutch drum is replaced in several stages, we will consider each of them:
- Remove the air filter lid.
- To unscrew the nuts holding the structure of the coupling on the crankshaft, it is necessary to stop the engine. To do this, remove the cover from the candle, turn it and insert the rope into the hole for the candle.
After that, gently pull the starter handle to remove the remaining space in the combustion chamber. It is not recommended to use a metal plug, since the crankshaft can be turned during the unscrewing of the nut.
In this case, the piston will take a rope, and the stopper will break its bottom.
Tips: how to remove an asterisk from a chainsaw
Many tools need constant substitution of consumables. It applies and saw. 3 independent adjustment of the carburetor carburetor on the chainsaw Partner 350. How to remove a clutch to remove the clutch on a chainsaw, with my Chinese.
That is why the question of how to remove the star from the chainsaw, which is often called the clutch disk or centrifugal mechanism, very lively among home masters.
In this regard, you need to see what is called an asterisk and for what purposes it is needed.
The clutch drum called an asterisk is an integral part of the chainsaw.
The drum located in the clutch base of the mechanism is an integral part of the circuit drive system. How to remove clutch on a chainsaw? With your own hands, replacing the coupling and how to collect a clutch back. read all this on our website! This part recalls the star with its own form, due to which it received its title. How to remove clutch on a chainsaw: Stihl, Husqvarna.
Depending on the type of chainsaw, the part can be professional or household. Because the profile saw is used more often than the household, then the leading star asks for constant substitution. At the chainsaws of Husqvarna how to remove the clutch to remove the clutch on the chainsaw.
If you read about household tools, then everything is depending on the volume of work performed and the load that is on the device chain.
In most cases, a star, a crown and a saw bearing requires substitution.
Usually, in order to remove the star from the chainsaw, many people contact the special service centers, but if there is a need to save the home budget, this work can be done without the help of others. This event does not look complicated, but at the same time it is necessary to have all the necessary details and tools. The process of replacing the sprocket is similar to any device model.
When you need to remove the clutch
Dismantling of adhesion for the purpose of removal is carried out in such cases:
- when the spring burst (the chain is turning, the engine works with interruptions);
- a spring flew;
- a piece of the drum broke off (in this case, the noise will be heard, the chain of the chainsaw will also spin);
- temporary wear (it is time to remove and change the clutch due to the development of the resource).
Modern chainsaws operate on two.stroke engines, which are connected by a gearbox with a saw chain. The chain moves along the tire, and according to the centrifugal principle, work at idle should remain in immobility, that is, to be safe for the one who holds the chainsaw.
If the load shown on the tool exceeds the recommended, then the clutch will weaken or completely stop transferring the torque to the tire. This will lead to engine stop. In the event of such situations, the clutch wear out, so over time it needs to be replaced. In the operating instructions for the chainsaw, some manufacturers have information that the clutch is a consumable part, that is, it is subject to periodic replacement.
Video. how to remove clutch on a chainsaw:
Chainsaw. How to unscrew the clutch.
Often colliding with breakdowns caused by the invalid actions of the instrument owners when unscrewing the clutch. How this is done in general terms described in the article
This task is faced every time when there is a need to remove the leading star and (or) clutch of the chainsaw.
On the network you can find a lot of video and text material on this issue. If desired, all this is easy to detect. It is always useful to look for the desired information in the) of the user’s corruption to the tool.
Each model of saws has its own characteristics in the implementation of this procedure. Therefore, we describe this process from a general ideological position.
It is necessary to remove the brake cover of the quapi brake. First, pull the brake handle over yourself. This must be done so that the brake tape does not touch the clutch cup. How to remove a chainsaw clutch. one. In order to remove the clutch on the chainsaw. How to remove clutch on a chainsaw: Stihl, Husqvarna. Then weaken the two nuts holding the lid. Loosen the mechanical chain tensioner. Loosen the tension of the chain and tire. Then finally unscrew the two nuts and remove the brake cover of the quapi.
How to remove a clutch of a chainsaw replacement on a Chinese chainsaw How to remove a clutch on a benzo saw How to Remove Grip on Benzo Pila how to remove a clutch and asterisk from a Chinese saw as. Remove the tire and circuit, remove the pollution, if any.
Turn the spark plug from the cylinder candle.
How to disassemble a chainsaw clutch. Next, it is necessary to fix the piston in the cylinder. To do this, rotating the clutch, we observe the movement of the piston up. In most cases, as soon as the piston blocks the exhaust hole for the exhaust gases, lower any suitable rope into the candle hole in an amount sufficient to obstacle the movement of the piston further upward. You can, to enhance the effect on the rope, impose simple nodes. Remember that then the rope will have to be pulled back. So don’t miss its second end
Now you can unscrew the nut on the clutch. The most important thing is to remember: left thread, in order to unscrew it, you need to rotate the key clockwise. The key is suitable as a tool that comes with a saw. On the example of the Husqvarna 137 chainsaw, we will show and tell how we unscrew the clutch on. It is not recommended to unscrew the clutch with a chisel and a hammer. Sobbish the face. This is an extreme measure.
Next, remove the clutch and a drum with a leading asterisk.
Assembly is carried out in the reverse order.
Some nuances should be known:
-on some models drank (in particular on the Stila-180) between the clutch and a cup of the leading star can be a puck
It is important to remember which side to clutch it is installed. The puck can stand between the engine and the very thicket of the leading star. It is also important to remember how it stood in order to subsequently install it back in a similar way
Make Your Own Piston Stop and Clutch Removal The Easy Way!
It is also important to remember how it stood in order to subsequently install it back in a similar way On some drives of oil pumps, a peculiar spring is installed, called the “mustache”
The meaning of its existence is explained by the fact that this very end clings to the oil pump drive at one end, and the second end to a special hole (groove, drank) in the lower part of the clutch cup. And thereby transmitted rotation from the leading star to the oil pump drive
It is very important that when installing a leading asterisk, this mustache will fall into the corresponding hole (groove, drank) on the stars’ body with its free end. If this does not happen, the oil pump will not supply oil for the saw set. The consequences will cost expensive
How to remove clutch on a chainsaw. Therefore, be careful when dismantling and installing a leading star. After installation, it is necessary to check the supply of oil to the circuit. You can read about this in the instructions for the tool
The consequences will cost expensive. How to remove clutch on a chainsaw. Therefore, be careful when dismantling and installing a leading star. After installation, it is necessary to check the supply of oil to the circuit. You can read about this in the instructions for the tool.
Malfunctions and repair
Do.it.yourself clutch repair is carried out with your own hands only in special protective clothing: mask and glasses.
The main malfunctions, their causes and methods of elimination:
- If the chain mechanism constantly rotates with the unstable operation of the power unit. This can be caused by a failed spring. In this case, it is recommended to replace the damaged mechanism with a new.
- During the movement of the chain, extraneous noise is heard. This problem can be associated with overheating of a fist or a bursting spring. It is necessary to conduct an external inspection of the system and replace all worn elements.
- If the breakdown is associated with the fact that the coupling device often slips, you need to completely replace the mechanism.
Removing and replacing the coupling with your own hands according to the instructions
Far from how to remove the clutch on a chainsaw is known. The constructive performance of mechanisms on different models of chainsaws differs, but the principle of operation is the same everywhere. The dismantling procedure is also practically identical, so then we will consider how to unscrew the coupling on a chainsaw with an internal location.
Initially, you will need to prepare the necessary tools:
- A special key called a puller. He often comes with a chainsaw
- Screwdriver screwdriver with which the protective casing is attached
- Candle key. used to unscrew the fastening of the casing and tire (it comes with the tool)
- Rope. in order to lock the crankshaft. It is better to use asbestos, but for this purpose any. The rope is used in case a special stopping key for the piston is not attached to the tool
If dismantling is performed for the purpose of replacement, then accordingly you will need to prepare a new mechanism in advance. When buying a new coupling, you only need to know the exact brand of the chainsaw, since the devices differ in the outer diameter, thread and design of the working mechanism. Instructions on how to remove a clutch clutch on a chainsaw has the following view:
The procedure is not at all difficult, and does not take much time. The assembly is performed in the reverse order of removal. In order to avoid any malfunctions, it is recommended to set a fully identical adhesion on the corresponding model of the tool.
It is interesting!Similarly, the procedure for removing and replacing the clutch for all brands of chainsaws of Husqvarna, Partner and others is performed.
How to adjust the clutch of a chainsaw?
How the clutch adjustment on the chainsaw is carried out? It is more correct to talk about repairs, since the carburetor is usually subject to adjustment, not a clutch. When we are talking about adjusting the coupling, it is important to consider two nuances:
- The chainsaws of some models, including German, Finnish, Swedish, have a special puck, it can be located between the engine and an asterisk or between the drum and an asterisk. This washer must be carefully removed, and then put it back, in the case of replacement, replaced with identical;
- The spring is not subject to tightening, therefore, when it breaks, the part is considered damaged and is replaced by a new. The absence of a good spring will lead to the lack of lubrication of the lubrication on the chain.
How to unscrew the clutch on a chainsaw with your own hands:
Dismantling the chainsaw of Stihl 180. Drive2
STIHL MS 180. the tool is reliable and unpretentious, but sometimes requiring repair, like any equipment. In this article, we will consider how disassembling the chainsaw of STIHL MS 180, which is necessary in case of overhaul of the engine.
Good day to all!I have not written anything on the blog for a long time, then I was busy (work and house (house in the village) and even started to make out the barn and build a bathhouse), but the reason appeared. the chainsaw of Stihl sawed and stalled True, because I forgot it to refuel it but we don’t look for the light tracks. I opened it to see the air filter, and there the dirt and after cleaning did not start I thought that it got into the carburetor. I had to disassemble Well, I thought that the tank was pulled out and the oil for the chain was tucked up.
Something I deviated a little from the topic They drove to disassemble. Before you remove the side cover from the ignition, remove the lids from the fuel barrel and oil.
Remove the ignition coil by turning away a couple of bolts.
By unscrewing the three self.tapping screw, remove the ignition lid
This is followed by the dismantling of the air intake and carburetor
By unscrewing the two nuts, remove the air intake
on the same studs and the carburetor and remove it
Then we remove the fuel tank hose was removed when dismantling the carburetor.Next, you should remove the shaft (I will call its switch of turning on and off the chainsaw (since I do not know the correct name)) on the one hand is taken to the top, then we pull out the other end to the side.
After that, the muffler should be removed, also turning away two nuts, I forgot to take a photo.
You can already proceed to dismantle the pens that, as it were, hold the entire structure, and for this you need to screw three plugs with a screwdriver
In order to continue to remove the clutch, you need to unscrew the nut, and for this it is necessary to lock the crankshaft.I acted as follows. turned off the candle and put the lace with nodules in this hole before twisting the rotor and looked into the hole removed from the silencer so that the piston would stand into the lower dead point
I watch the piston turning the rotor
Here you can unscrew the nut. the clutch nut should be turned away as shown in the photo. there will still be a pair of simple parts (needle bearing, some kind of cap and plastic sleeve with thread and stoppage. everything is easily removed.
We do the same with the nut of the rotor
The rotor should be neatly knocked down from the shaft, and there are grooves on the shaft and the rotor itself (you need to not forget about them when assembling)
Stihl MS250 need bar oiler worm drive/clutch removal
That’s almost everything, it remains only to remove the engine from the plastic case, disconnecting the elastic bands on the body with the intake hole on the cylinder. In conclusion, another photo for those who planned to remove the crankshaft with the piston
Turning away these four bolts we take out the crankshaft with the piston
And I have nothing to do with it, since I’m going to just clean everything and put in order.Everything is good and dough for everyone!
How to change
In order to replace this mechanism, it is necessary to dismantle the old clutch device. During the repair work, the saw should be securely recorded on the non.slip surface using special devices.
During the dismantling and installation of clutch, it is recommended to take into account the following nuances of such work:
- On some modifications of the tool between the clutch device and the cup of the lead gear there is a puck. Therefore, at the end of the repair, it is necessary to install this element in place.
- On some oil wires there is a special spring. It is mounted between the sprocket and the oil pump drive. It must also be correctly installed in place after replacing the coupling mechanism.
How to remove
In order to remove and disassemble the clutch, you need to install a chainsaw on an even, non.slip surface and fix it with fixing elements.
First you need to unscrew the saw chain and tire using a universal key. After that, you can dismantle the cover from the air filter element. Then you need to remove the spark plugs, and fix the piston part in the main cylinder.
After that, you should install a suitable puller and unscrew the clutch.
After the actions done, remove the clutch drum on a chainsaw and a coupling. At the end, you can conduct an external inspection of the system for damage and defects and, if necessary, replace the failed parts with new.
How to assemble
In order to assemble the mechanism back, it is necessary to install a coupling in place and fix it by means of a special handle. The saw engine at this moment should be disconnected.
After you can install a spring device, drum mechanism and asterisks in place.
Then you can install the clutch mechanism back into the tool case, remove the crankshaft from the stopper, install filtering mechanisms, throttle damper and step along with a chain to place.
At the end of the work, it is recommended to start a chainsaw and check the performance of the collected adhesion. If all the parts are set correctly, the clutch will work right away, there will be no delays and leaks.