Rules for replacing knives on a trimmer for grass
If the disk on the trimmer is used regularly, it needs to be removed from time to time to remove and sharpen or change it to a new. This part can be made of metal or plastic, have a different number of blades, but the replacement process remains the same. over, this procedure is similar to the equipment of different manufacturers, whether Carver or Huter, but minor differences are possible. Changing the knife on the trimmer is quite simple if you observe safety precautions and know the correct procedure for which you can find a description of which you can in the user’s instructions. The whole process of replacing step by step, as well as the way of independent sharpening of knives, will be described in this material.
When using motorcycles in summer cottages, the most popular nozzle is a fishing line for a trimmer. It has a small price, suitable for different trimmer heads, is safe when working. The minus of the application of the fishing line is that it is convenient only for the bevel of low shoots. In other situations, the string is immediately clogged, regardless of whether the gasoline or electric model of the trimmer for grass is used. In addition, vegetation is wound on a spindle, which creates significant resistance on the shaft and leads to its breakdown. It can also provoke a failure of the piston system in benzocos or burning out the motor in electrimmers.
Therefore, for mowing high or hard vegetation, various nozzles are used. So, for harvesting tall and rough grass, thin shoots of trees and shrubs to install and use it better. This nozzle clogs much less often, which contributes to the greater wear resistance of technology.
On a note! Due to the fact that the engine of electrical and battery models is less powerful than on benzocos, so the use of discs is more relevant for gasoline braids.
Which knife is better
Modern manufacturers are offered to the consumer a wide selection of disks varieties. The cutting parts are classified according to the following criteria:
The material for the knives is plastic or metal, which determines their purpose. The question naturally arises of which disk is better to use: plastic or metal? The choice is determined by the following factors:
Three.lobed plastic knife for an electric trimmer for grass
From the point of view of safety, steel mills are not recommended to be put on electric braids. they are almost always equipped with plastic blades. Features of the design of the power tool itself, its technical characteristics make the installation of metal cutting parts dangerous:
Change the Automatic Feed Spooler on Your Trimmer
According to the rules of safe operation, plastic knives are used only on braids with a flexible bar. Plastic blades are designed for mowing soft plants (for example, burdock, nettles), dryness. A metal disk-fluz is used for mowing thick, high, coarse grass, shrubs and shoots of various trees, because its cutting properties and wear resistance are higher than that of plastic analogues.
Freak for a trimmer for grass with carbide attacks 40 teeth
The device, as well as the technical characteristics of the benzos, determine the use of metal nozzles when working with them:
- the presence of a straight rod increases the distance to the legs of the mowing;
- comfortable handles with limiters;
- The possibility of a smooth speed set.
Gasoline units equipped with metal disks are well suited if it is necessary to pump out significant areas with different grass or shrubs.
The number of blades
The form of disk blades practically does not affect the quality and speed of work, their number matters. For hay harvesting, it is recommended to use mills with a large number of blades, for example, with 8 or 4 main and 4 additional. If there are few of them (2, 3), then such knives grind the grass very hard. Mills with a large number of small teeth are used to mow young shoots of trees and shrubs.
Patriot PT453 lawn mower with a metal drive for mowing shrubs
Metal knives for lawn mowers are sharpened in different ways: one-sided and on both sides. Dumb or with poor sharpening cutting cuts of milling cuts reduce labor productivity, and also worsen the quality of work. In this case, the load on the tool and fuel consumption increases.
The collision of knives with stones is dangerous, as a result of which the tool bounces, which can apply the mowing of injury.
Select a cutting element for a trimmer for grass according to the material, size, structure should be based on the type of tool and the power of its engine, the volume of upcoming works and the type of plants that have to be mowed. Partially, the instructions from the manufacturer to the model used will help. the recommended milling parameters are spelled out there.
Field winding algorithm
Depending on which model of the trimmer for grass is used, the type, thickness and length of the fishing line is selected. The diameter of the cord can be from 1.2 to 4 mm. It is not difficult to guess that the thicker you will refuel the cord, the more rigid and thick grass it is able to cut off.
In most cases, a universal fishing line for a trimmer with a diameter of 2 mm is used.
In order to find out which line diameter can be used on your mower, there are 3 ways.
- View information about the thickness of the cord in the instructions for the apparatus.
- Look at the squash itself. It can be given information about possible fishing line diameters.
- Insert a fishing line for a trimmer into the output. If it passes into it without difficulty, then the cord of such a diameter can be used.
The fishing line for a trimmer is wound on a coil in a mowing head. Therefore, first it needs to be opened (this was mentioned above). There are 2 methods of winding the cord.
The first way
To correctly determine how many meters of the fishing line are required for a specific coil, it is necessary to wind it on the bobbin so that the skein does not exceed the diameter of the sides. If the fishing line for the trimmer will look out beyond the edges of the coil, you cannot insert it into the casing. After you have decided on the length of the material, it must be tucked in a bastard, so do the following.
- It is necessary to fold the fishing line for double so that one end is 10-15 cm longer from the other.
- Please note that the bobbin is divided into 2 parts by the central side, from which charging begins. Find a groove on it and insert a cord into it, bent twice, putting a slight effort.
- It is very important to determine in which direction the fishing line for a trimmer is wound on the reel. If you look closely, you can find an arrow on the bobbin or an inscription with an arrow indicating which direction the winding should be carried out. There are times when there is no arrow on the coil. In such a situation, you can look at the arrow drawn on a mowing head, and wind the cord in the opposite direction.
- Winding should be carried out carefully, a turn to the turn, with maximum thread tension.
- After laying the cord is completed, you will need to fix it first the short end of the fishing line, inserting it into the groove suitable in diameter on the side of the coil.
- The second end, the one that is more authentic, is attached into the groove on the opposite side of the squash.
- After fixing the fishing line, cut its ends, leaving the allowances about 10 cm.
- Next, it is necessary to install a refueling coil in a mowing head. To do this, alternately inserting and pulling the thread into the weekends of the head, place the bobbin in the casing, after which, by applying the required force, pull the fishing line for a trimmer from the fixing grooves and tighten it.
- Now you can put on the lid and fix it with the help of latches.
The second method
Some coils provide a second method of fixing the cord: you can charge 2 sections of the thread, instead of one folded in half. Fishing line replacement occurs according to the following algorithm.
- Before changing or charging a new thread to the coil, determine how many meters it will be required by the way discussed above.
- Bend one end of the cord in the form of a hook.
- Find a hole intended for fixing the fishing line at the bottom of the bobbin, and insert the end of the thread bent by a loop into it.
- Wrapping the cord is required according to the direction of the arrow to the required level not exceeding the diameter of the coil.
- Do the same actions for the second cell of the bobbin.
- The assembly of the head is no different from the method that was given when the refueling of the bobbin was considered folded by half a piece of fishing line.
There is a very simple and quick way to replace the fishing line for motor.cuts without disassembling the mowing head, which you can see this video.
The ends of the cord sticking out of the holes in the casing can be cut to the required length, already when the part is installed in the trimmer. You can do this in two ways:
- By turning on the trimmer for the grass (when rotating, the ends of the fishing line will part on the knife, fixed for these purposes on the protective casing);
- Cutting the extra ends with scissors so that they do not touch the casing body.
The second method is used if I had to put a large diameter cord, and a trimmed knife cannot shorten it.
If the thread was charged into a mowing head, but the length of the protruding ends of the cord is insufficient, then before starting the device they must be lengthened. this applies to the head with manual adjustment. However, there are cases when using a semi-automatic mowing head, when, due to the insufficient length of the protruding ends of the cord, they do not automatically lengthen. In this case, it is necessary to turn off the unit (on the electric device you need to pull the fork out of the outlet), manually press the button located at the bottom of the part, and stretch a little fishing line. After this procedure, the cord will be able to advance again thanks to centrifugal strength, if you put the maximum spindle speed.
No matter how thick the fishing line for the trimmer you should remember: in order not to constantly interrupt the work and do not change the cord, you should avoid areas where a working tool can touch hard surfaces (stones, borders, thick dry branches, etc.D.).
What knives to put on an electric and a lawn mower
Before buying and putting a knife on a motorcycle, find out what they are and in what cases are used. Today, manufacturers offer the consumer a large number of types of these supplies. In general, the entire cutting tool designed for mowing grass can be classified:
The main material for the manufacture of trimmer knives can be plastic or metal. The use of such consumables largely depends on two parameters:
For safety reasons, manufacturers do not recommend putting steel knives on electric trimmers for grass. Almost all motokos operating from the electric network and battery are equipped with plastic blades. Depending on the manufacturer, they can be a solid disk design, with several blades or in the form of a special mowing head, which provides for the installation of removable plastic blades.
Direct rod in a gasoline trimmer for grass and curved in electric
Putting a metal knife on an electric trimmer for grass does not allow its design features.
- The curved rod of the unit reduces the distance from its working part to the legs of the Kosar. In the case of a collision of blades with a stone or other hard object of a braid for grass, it is discarded to the legs.
- The high torque, which we mentioned above, in the event of a collision of a metal knife with a solid object, transfers a large load to the flexible shaft of a trimmer for grass and its engine. What causes their premature failure.
- Handle Electric Knules most often does not have a restrictive bar playing the role of the stop. Which does not exclude leg injury.
It is these features that allow the use of exclusively plastic knives on trimmers with electric engines. In a collision with an obstacle, the blades are destroyed, thereby protecting the legs of the mower from obtaining possible injuries.
Plastic knives cope well with outgrown and dry grass. They can mow the nettles and stems of burdocks.
The use of metal knives only on gasoline trimmers is also due to constructive features.
- The direct design of the rod increases the distance to the legs, which provides the Cossacks with complete safety.
- Comfortable U-shaped and J-shaped handles allow you to keep the tool firmly. D-shaped handles Motokos are equipped with a limiter resting in the leg of the Costsa, which does not allow to let the head to the legs when meeting a cutting disk with a solid obstacle.
- The clutch of the gasoline engine allows you to smoothly gain speed to the optimal level. And when the blade collides against a hard surface, it can extinguish part of the blow.
Thus, gasoline trimmers for grass with an installed metal knife are best used in large areas. They will successfully cope not only with high coarse grass, weeds, burdocks and nettles, but also with shrubs, as well as young trees.
The shape of the blades of the disk set to the trimmer for the grass does not affect the quality of the work performed. The speed does not depend on them. Triangular, trapezoid, rectangular forms are all marketing course of manufacturers.
If you plan to prepare hay, then it is best to put knives on a motorcycle with a large number of blades. Pay attention to the wheels with eight teeth or discs with four large blades and four additional. Two and three lobed knives will greatly grind the grass.
Replacing fishing line with disk
Depending on the type of vegetation covering the garden plot (lawn) and requiring removal, the fishing line for the trimmer changes to the disk. This is necessary, since the cord is used only for grass of low altitude, and if you need to mow high shoots, shoots of trees or shrubs, instead of a string it is better to use metal or plastic knives-disks. It is very simple to install them correctly, a detailed process is usually described in the user guide and similar to trimmers of different brands, whether Al-CO, Oleo-Mac, Patriot or the technique of another brand. To change fishing line to knives, you need:
- block the shaft and remove the coil, turning it clockwise;
- put a knife on a sleeve;
- Install the fixing cover and, in the direction counterclockwise, tighten the nut, and then tighten it with a wrench.
You can read in detail how to change the coil with a fishing line to a disk, you can in the instructions for the operation of the device.
The device is a trimmer head
In the Russian market, semi.automatic trimmer heads are considered the most popular. A typical representative of the mechanisms of this type is a universal semi.automatic head, which is equipped with electric trimmers for grass and lawn mowers such well.known brands as Bosch, Huter, Husqvarna, etc. Its device is shown in the figure.
- Corps (pos.6) with a lid (pos.1), equipped with special eyes (poses.5) through which the cutting cord is displayed;
- Shpulya (pos.3), on which a fishing line for a trimmer is wound (pos.7);
- a pressing spring (pos. 4).
There are other simpler heads.
Features of disks for motorcycle
Disks-ceremonies are produced by plastic and metal, as well as various shapes to perform diverse tasks.
- Two-, three- and four-lobed knives with pronounced blades are used for mowing grass and overgrown trees. However, they are not suitable for harvesting hay, as the shoots are crushed, cutting them several times.
- Massive four.lobed discs are intended not only for clearing the earth from grass, but also for hay mowing. They prevent multiple cutting of shoots, thereby making them suitable for harvesting for the winter.
- Disks with cutting faces around the perimeter are relevant for the bevel of reed and reeds. Such knives are very heavy. this is the necessary quality to cut thick stems.
- Professional discs with a saw tooth for artisans and motorcycles allow you to cut down small trees and bushes.
Plastic knives are used as an alternative to metal disks. They do not need to be tightly attached in the head, and they revolve as a result of exposure to centrifugal force. The strength of the plastic knives is high, so the service life is quite long.
On a note! The advantage of plastic disks lies in the fact that, having hit an irresistible obstacle, they bounce, and there is no re.contact.
The main malfunctions of the coil
Users of the electrimmer and lawn mower often face a problem associated with a semi.automatic braid head. Coil malfunctions can be as follows:
The fishing line for the trimmer does not extend automatically
If, with a light blow, the trimmer coil button for grass on the ground is not lengthened for a trimmer, then the reasons for this may be the following.
Option 1. there was a snack, t.e. Squeezing the cord between turns. This problem usually appears if the user wound a fishing line for a trimmer to the coil unevenly, with the intersection of the turns, or wound it with insufficient tension. In the latter case, when the mowing head is rotated at large revolutions under the influence of centrifugal force, the cord begins to drag on, as a result of which the interitral clamping of the fishing line is possible. To eliminate the problem, you will have to disassemble the coil on the trimmer and rewind the cord correctly, that is, even turns with good tension.
Option 2. too short ends protrude from the head. A fishing line for a trimmer may not exit when hitting the ground, if its ends sticking out of the head, insufficient length (short). In this case, the centrifugal force is not enough for the fishing line for the trimmer to stretch. Therefore, it is required to stop the unit (drown out the engine or turn off the ethletric trimmer for grass from the network) and pull the fishing line for the trimmer manually, after pressing the button.
Option 3. a fishing line for a trimmer was soldered inside a mowing head. This leads to the fact that the coil is stopped and does not spin when the button is pressed. Basically, this happens for several reasons: poor quality of the cord, overheating of the coil with prolonged operation of the unit, a fishing line on solid items.
- In the first case, the cord of third.party manufacturers can be made of low.quality and fusible materials that do not withstand the mechanical and temperature load. Therefore, preference should be given to “branded” fishing.
- But, if you still purchased a fishing line for a trimmer of unknown quality, and it is often soldered during operation, then you can follow the example of some users who, after refueling the cord, moisten it either with silicone grease (from the spray can), or mineral oil). This procedure greatly reduces the likelihood of soldering a fishing line among themselves.
- Also, a fishing line for a trimmer can sleep if during a mowing it hit a hard object (stone, fence, dry branch, etc.D.). As a result of this, it is slightly stretched and draws back into the head with high speed. The cord is heated from friction, and its turns are sticking together. The only thing that can be done to eliminate this malfunction is to open a trimmer coil for grass and rewind a fishing line for a trimmer.
The cord spontaneously lengthens
There are situations when a user of a trimmer for grass notices a very fast fishing line consumption. At the same time, he never hit the ground with a button to lengthen the fishing line. The reason that the fishing line for a trimmer spontaneously lengthens, cutting off a special knife on the casing of the device, may be the absence of a spring in a mowing head. Often beginner users of mowers, trying to charge a fishing line for a trimmer into a coil, forget to install a clamping spring in the head, or completely lose it when opening the lid, and in the future, they do not even suspect its existence.
Also, a fishing line for a trimmer can lengthen without using a button if the spring is weakened. If the spring check confirmed this fact, then it is necessary to put several goals under it to strengthen its clamping properties.
How to correct the trimmer motor for grass with fuel?
Automated garden braid for grass promises good durability, subject to proper operation, including refueling with fuel. The gasoline engine of such a device is not allowed to operate on clean gasoline. Previously, before refueling, it is necessary to prepare a working mixture of fuel. namely, mix unlimited gasoline with machine oil.
The working fuel capacity included in the kit, as a rule, has marks on the case for the correct mixture: 1. the level of unhealthy gasoline; 2. machine oil levels depending on the ratio
How to change the trimmer line on a Ryobi 18 volt cordless string trimmer
Mixing unhealthy gasoline with machine oil is required in the correct ratio. Therefore, many manufacturers of string and other gasoline trimmers mark working capacities.
The user will only have to fill the container for mixing with fresh unhealthy gasoline in accordance with the fuel marker line. Then machine oil is added to the moment when the fuel mixture reaches the border of the ratio of 40: 1 (optimal for two.stroke engines).