Pick-up press with your own hands
Home-made baler for hay can be also made by yourself, focusing on the characteristics of your power tiller, especially as all components can be bought cheaply at scrap yards. It should be noted that the functioning of the device depends on the power of your power tiller. the higher it is, the more effective the process of harvesting hay.
Baler with their own hands
The order of assembly of the platform of the unit for hay with their own hands:
- form a running block. a trailer-base on a pneumatic wheeled pair;
- Install the headstock and conveyor belt on the trailer;
- It is better to buy a ready-made mini-press, its lower part should consist of a pressing grid and rollers, and the upper part should be equipped with a spring plate;
- Connect the 2-speed gearbox to the gimbal, this design provides a chain transfer of power from the main machine to the rollers;
- To optimize the pickup force, install sufficiently large diameter gears on the pickup platform.
Getting such a baler you can somewhat automate your work and turn agricultural activities into a full-fledged source of income.
How to choose a baler for a power tiller
After harvesting crops, there is quite a lot of fodder left over, such as straw. To get the most out of it, you need to put it together well. However, it is most convenient to do it with the help of balers, which compress the mass into bales or bales, making them easier to transport and store. Small farms or cattle ranches can choose the most compact mini class to help maximize savings.
Self-made press for hay, working from the traction of a motor-block, is mounted in several stages:
- Assembling undercarriage. the base on two pneumatic wheels.
- The headbox and the pick-up with the conveyor belt are mounted on it.
- The hay baler and box are assembled as a single independent element. In the bottom part of the box the rollers and the grid for pressing the hay are mounted. A plate is fastened to the spring at the top of the box. It presses the hay already baled before it is rolled into a bale.
- Then the drive is assembled. To do this, it is necessary to connect the PTO shaft and the two-speed gearbox, from which a chain drive goes to the pick-up rollers with the conveyor belt.
- On the pick-up unit, you mount gears with a slightly larger diameter than on the rollers (to increase the pick-up speed and baling power).
If you’re not satisfied with the quality of the bales you get, you can split the work. First gather dry grass with a power rake, then baling.
Pick-up presses for mini-tractors
The baler for the mini-tractor is an indispensable device to pick up hay and straw after harvesting. These units are actively used for the maintenance of small fields and large agricultural fields.
Advantages of using a baler:
- Fast collection of hay and straw from fields of different size;
- Minimizing costs, the ability to get the maximum profit or benefit from the harvested hay;
Making hand-made hay bales with a box baler
This device allows the owner of the land not only carefully select cut hay or grass, freeing the soil for further processing, but also compactly pack and prepare them for further transport. The baler for the power tiller can be of two types:
Basically, because of the more compact size and simpler design, in private households prefer to use roll-up canopies. Bale harvesting. more typical for farming.
Roll press picker
A bale baler for power tillers makes bales of hay or straw.
A Look Inside | John Deere 900 Series Round Balers
- Material is picked up by the pick-up and taken to the drum compartment, where it is rolled into a bale by the action of the grid.
- A beep will notify the operator of the power harvester that the bale has reached the desired size and density.
- The bale is tied with string and then the tailgate of the drum opens and the finished product rolls out.
- The outer part of the roll is denser than the inner part, thus providing excellent air circulation. In addition, the bales have the same weight and dimensions.
According to the price, the bale baler is more affordable than the bale baler, if desired, you can buy a mini baler for power tiller, which will allow the owners of summer cottages and private estates to improve the procedure of preparation of fodder for livestock.
Find out how it all works
The bale baler for a power tiller works on a different principle. The hay enters the baling chamber also by means of an auger, then the chamber is filled up to the stop and the knitting mechanism starts. two threads tie a rectangular bale, after which it is pushed out. Bale-type units have the ability to adjust the density and height of the finished bale, in addition, rectangular blocks of hay or straw are more convenient to store and transport.
Watch a video review of the bale baler:
Another useful canopy, powered by a power tiller, is a handmade straw cutter. It helps you shred feed just before serving it to your pets. The single-axle tractor drives the cutter blades.
How it happens. we suggest to look at
Handmade Hay Baler for hay with their hands
When choosing a baler one must be very careful, because this process is not easy. But it can be simplified, if you know what parameters are of paramount importance. Thus, it is necessary to pay attention to:
- Efficiency. for a small farm you can opt for a round baler instead of a bale pickup. But if the farm is large, it can’t do without.
- Optimized. more efficient balers fitted with a loader and knitting equipment. This model speeds up the process by several times, which is possible due to the high productivity.
- Useful volume. this characteristic is important during the harvesting, so this indicator should not be neglected.
If these parameters are taken into account when choosing a baler, then you will be satisfied with the product and its work.
Bale baler for motor-block “Neva” (PRP-50) has a low cost and good functionality. It is compatible with machines with power from 10 horse powers. Owners often complain about the fact that the forming compartment is not protected by the diameter of the cover, and this contributes to the fallout of part of the collected straw through the rollers. In addition, the machine does not have any side limiting discs, which affects the bale density, especially if there is a lot of crop in the chamber.
- The width grip is 800 mm.
- Minimum horsepower of the equipment is 10-12 horsepower.
- Working speed up to 6 km/h.
- Length/Width/Height. 2.5/1.6/1.5 m.
- Mass of a roll (maximum). 20 kg.
- The machine weight is 350 kg.
This Italian baler for power tillers is more advanced, heavier than its domestic counterpart by almost one and a half times. The work requires a device with an engine no less than 11 horsepower. Formed bale weight of 55 kg, which is practical, but a bit heavy for manual loading. The machine is characterized by its compact dimensions, high output and modern design. The pressing part is a block with aluminum rollers.
- The width of the grip is 1300 mm.
- Size/diameter of the roll. 570/630 mm.
- Power consumption. from 11 horsepower.
- Speed. 540 rotations per minute.
- Bale density. 350 kg/cubic. м.
- Length/Width/Height. 1,8/1,4/1,2 m.
- The weight of the device. 520 kg.
- The weight of the bale (maximum). 55 kg.
Saving money and time with a self-made baler for power tillers
The bale baler, which can work as an attachment to a power tiller, makes the farmer’s work much easier. It can mechanize the long and labor-intensive process of collecting ready-made hay from the field, while rolling it into tight bales for easy transportation and further use.
Specifics of use of self-made equipment
The structural complexity of round balers significantly limits the ability of farmers to make their own devices.
In most cases, self-made machines work according to the same principle:
- The grass mass is placed manually in the baler;
- The finished bales are strapped by hand;
- Often the pressed chamber has a horizontal method of loading.
The self-made baler has a large mass, finished hay blocks often disintegrate during loading or transportation. Therefore, it is first necessary to evaluate the profitability of such equipment.
You might also be interested in the article about minitractor Faither.