A good question is half the answer. The fact. under what circumstances the gasoline grass trimmer or lawnmower stalls. will significantly speed up the search for a solution, namely:
- immediately after starting;
- When it runs for a while at idle. after one or a few minutes;
- when the throttle button (or knob) is pressed. or shortly after starting at high, near-maximum rpm;
- under heavy load (for example, to cut bushes, to mow dense and high weeds);
- when warming up in the cold. it gets too hot (lawnmower stalled due to overheating);
- after opening the choke shutter.
Depending on which of the circumstances is found out during the pre-diagnosis, by the method of elimination, a more specific cause of malfunction of brushcutter or grass trimmer is sought.
Lawn mower stalls when throttle, how to fix the fault
There can be a huge number of reasons why the lawnmower stalls. we offer the most common of them, and hope that you will find yours, and, of course, eliminate it. So, one of the situations is clogging the air damper, the hole behind which the fuel is atomized. If there is something stuck in it, it can usually be removed quickly and easily. This is the easiest cause, as is a clogged filter. It should be washed in solvent and then blown out with compressed air. If it can not be repaired. then order a new one in the spare parts store KosiKosa.
Similarly, when you press the throttle, the tool stops because the actuator is clogged. Another possibility: the fuel is not supplied in full, so you need to check or replace the fuel filter. Other possible causes of a brushcutter that stalls when you give the gas are:
To all these causes of the machine stopping when you add gas, here are a few more recommendations for your brushcutter. First of all, you should read the manual before you start working with any technique. In this case, the consistency of gasoline and oil, competently prepared by you, as well as do not overheat the unit, and do not leave the gasoline for the winter, when you simply will not use the machine.
TRIMMER HEAD WONT SPIN OR STOPS IN TALL GRASS? THEN YOU MUST WATCH THIS!!
The coordinated work of all the components plays an important role in the full performance of any tool. And if in one it is a line for brushcutter, in another it is a piston or a carburetor. Owners of brushcutters, who want to use their tools at full power, need to understand that under the load, for which the machine is not designed, the whole mechanism or its individual parts can simply break. Therefore, only competent and moderate operation implies long productive work of any power tool.
Grass trimmer stalls at idle rpm causes and solutions
To the common situations, why the grass trimmer or lawnmower stalls, it is worth referring to its work at idle revolutions. Let’s go straight to the causes:
- heating of the gearbox and falling speeds on the drum as a result of the fact that the gasoline solution is not quite properly prepared. The necessary proportion of 1:4;
- contamination of carburetor;
- the throttle valve is clogged;
- when you open the choke (if you did such an experiment), the air flow makes the mixture poor;
- carburettor runaway;
- clogged air filter;
Insufficient amount of fuel, which is necessary for operation of the gasoline tool will cause a situation when at high revolutions, when you increase. the grass trimmer works, and at idle stalls stalls. In the situation with the carburetor. the device will stall on cold start and on hot. For any user of brushcutter. professional and amateur, it is important to understand that any malfunction of the tool can depend on a petty flight of a part, a loose mount or blockage, as well as a global breakdown of an important part of the mechanism.
Despite all kinds of malfunctions, your device still needs such an indispensable component as blades for brushcutters, without which the operation of the grass trimmer is simply impossible!
Petrol grass trimmer is a useful tool for clearing yard and lawn areas of unwanted grass. The design of this equipment is quite complex, so if the device breaks down, there can be several reasons. The most likely factors that caused the breakdown are usually described in the user manual. Knowing why the grass trimmer stalls, you can try to fix the defect yourself. The most common malfunctions that provoke the stoppage of the brushcutter, and the possibility of repairing them with your own hands. in the material below.
The lawnmower heats up and stalls
Modern equipment for the care of the household and communal economy is both a great advantage and disadvantage. If the user does not understand how the lawnmower works, he will eventually have to face a difficult repair. To go to a repair shop does not always make sense, you need to learn on your own at least elementary problems. This will get the machine back in operation quickly. Often the simplest manipulation is sufficient to return full performance.
Frequent lawnmower breakdowns
It is necessary to consider the most common cases associated with overheating, breaking them down into categories. This list is almost a complete field repair manual:
- A dirty air filter is the tricky part. The unit stalls, loses power and overheats very often, but it happens periodically. And often the filter is clogged with grass particles and clogged dust. It can be taken out and cleaned, but it’s only temporary. A more effective way is to change to a new element. For the mowing season, it is advisable to stock up on these in advance.
- When the load is increased, a contaminated spark plug can be rejected by temperature. lawnmower, when heated, stops, and the start will be possible after a certain amount of time after cooling. Loosely screwed in the spark plug does not give a normal spark, the gap increases, and to this is added soot.
- Overheating can be caused by improper mixing of gasoline vapors and air, resulting in an enriched mixture that generates too much heat. This part can only be adjusted by a specialist, it is impossible to cope with it by yourself without special knowledge. The carburetor sliders could change their deflection as a result of long exposure to natural vibration or dropping from height. The brushcutter must be supported securely on a tree or placed carefully on the ground. Also negligent storage can lead to malfunctions.
- If a layer of heavy soot is forming on the muffler, this will answer the question of why the lawnmower is heating. Metal is an excellent at dissipating excessive heat, and soot is an excellent insulator. It can even increase engine wear and noise levels, you should be careful with such clogs.
- Low compression ratio is not the only cause of overheating. This is the most common case of why a lawn mower stalls when you try to add revs. Compression requires an engine overhaul. It can be repaired at motorcycle and scooter repair shops. They have all the necessary tools and experience.
- The fuel mixture isn’t right. There is low-quality gasoline with weak detonation but huge specific heat of combustion. This is especially common when trying to refuel “aviation fuel,” something for airplane models or refueling lighters. The forums seldom give any useful tips from the self-made category. And the burnt engine then has to be thrown in a landfill.
This is a separate category from overheating and needs to be addressed on a case-by-case basis: The choke is not fully open. It can be caused by jamming or grass particles getting inside. Excess oil must be drained and then
- try to clean everything. Sometimes it is fixed in one position. Then the power adjustment is out of the question, everything will instantly stall.
- Faulty plugs also affect this. It is imperative to see what type of spark plug electrode is required for the lawnmower. If it’s not listed in the manual, you need to find out what was in the factory assembly.
How To Fix A Weed Wacker That Bogs Down And Won’t Rev-up. Spark Arrester Cleaning
- The gasoline has been standing for a long time in fluctuating temperatures. At the gas station everything is in an underground gasoline canister. If the canister was in the garage, heated, cooled, then the process was repeated again, stratification occurs. The top, most volatile layer is drained first.
It is difficult to create a single instruction, but the most common cases have been described. Often several malfunctions overlap, giving a false sense of failure. If there is no experience with mechanisms, it is better to contact a service center.
Kievstar tel (068)-572-69-07 Kyivstar tel (068)-108-18-90 Vodafone tel (050)-949-32-64 Vodafone tel (095)-225-24-80 lifecell tel (093)-425-80-72
Grass trimmer stalls: causes and troubleshooting
lawn trimmer is a mobile high performance tool for landscaping and vineyards. In case of long-term exploitation because of details wear or manufacturing defects, faults occur, which lead to the fact that the grass trimmer stops or does not start. Since this tool is a fairly complex mechanism, because the reasons why the lawn trimmer stalls, there can be several.
There are two basic ways to fix problems: to transfer the mower to a specialized center or solve the problem with your own hands. The first option is suitable for those who are ready to lay out a “tidy” sum to restore the performance of the unit, and the second option is for those who have basic locksmith skills and can deal with the causes of failure and ways to fix them independently.
It is now customary to classify breakdowns that cause a lawn mower to stall into the following categories:
- mechanical damage to the crankcase, malfunctions of the cylinder-piston group (CPG);
- Breakages related to the fuel mixture (air filter, carburetor);
- malfunctions due to damaged tubes, hoses, cables, or ignition circuit.
Chinese lawn mower works only at high RPM
grass mower, which has a gasoline drive. this is a necessary thing for owners of homesteads, lawns, and when the grass trimmer at one point stalls, the work of cleaning the area from grass stops. The device itself is essentially a fairly complex mechanism, so there are many different circumstances of its failure. Often arising problems are contained in the annotation of the operation. Know the prerequisites, why the grass trimmer stalls, it is necessary to perfectly perform the repair of the device without the help of others.
Problems with the chain saw, when this machine won’t start, are classified by service technicians in a specific way. They stand out faults with such nodes of the mechanism:
- Dvigokom, which can wear out or else fail the piston and bearings, crack the crankcase;
- The fuel supply system, in this case you have a clogged filter or carburetor difficulties;
- Mechanical damage of wires, tubes, hoses;
- ignition circuit.
To correctly find the node where the failure occurred, you must control the circumstances in which the trimmer to grass stalls.
If the lawnmower stops when you press the gas, the following are the reasons.
- A more common variant. it is a failure of carburetor adjustment, which appears when there are significant loads on the drive, after prolonged inactivity of the mechanism or when using it in harsh conditions.
- Clogging of the fuel valve, which gets rid of it by loosening, and as a result, gasoline begins to flow normally through the system.
- The cable in the carburetor is loose and hanging down. The fuel hose is also becoming stretched and is about to burst because of the high-pressure nature of the load.
- blocked breather valve (turnover valve), for this reason fuel does not flow into the tank.
the lawnmower cuts out at high rpm
If the discrepancy is associated with the carburetor unit, then recognize it of course with the appearance of vibration of the lawnmower. When the hose is broken or the cable is stretched. make the change of these devices.
When the grasshopper cuts off at high revolutions, it is associated with these problems:
- a clogged or stuck valve on the fuel tank lid;
- the carburetor has become misaligned due to vibrations that occur during operation of the mechanism;
- Difficulty in the circulation of fuel consistency;
- atmospheric air leakage;
- the hose designed for fuel intake is cracked or loose.
The carburetor is adjusted, focusing on the operational annotation to the trimmer. For the option is often enough to loosen the tightening of its housing. If there are problems with the circulation of fuel consistency, then it can slowly flow into the carburetor. After its development the engine turns off at high revs.
At idle speeds, the all-prevalent causes of the grass trimmer stopping are the following:
gearbox heating up due to incorrect fuel consistency;
- Throttle blockage;
- air entering the system;
- insufficient fuel to perform the lawnmower’s work.
If the problematic place is the carburetor, then the technique will stop both at cold and hot start.
The machine can shut down immediately after start, if the carburetor razregulirovaniya or was incorrectly adjusted. this causes an uneven fuel supply. The result will be that the device begins to vibrate clearly. To fix problems, reconfigure the carburetor, acting on the annotation to the mechanism.
The chain saw is running at high rpm
Also the engine stops when the fuel valve is clogged. In this variant it is quite easy to clean it. If the lawnmower first started, alas later stalled, then you have some difficulty getting fuel to the carburetor unit. To solve the problem helps to loosen the valve, which allows free circulation of consistency in the system.
Stopping can also be caused by air leaks if the fuel intake hose is mechanically damaged (holes, cracks). In this case it is necessary to add revolutions to the actuator to expel air bubbles from the accounting (software) more quickly.
The lawnmower often stops when it heats up. Here it starts, works jerkily and stops evenly. This process occurs when the gasoline in the carburetor boils, or the flap is installed rotary, rather than disk type. In the latter case, the part is replaced.
It happens that the grass trimmer heats up if the ignition circuit wire or coil is damaged. That the device began to work normally, make the change of parts.
It happens that the machine will stall when the air damper is opened, while normally running at idle. It is associated with air suction by the system, caused by the presence of cracks in the fuel hose or other gland problems. Also, the carburetor metering system may malfunction, at the same time, the lawnmower will stop after opening the flap.
What remains to do our customer probable preconditions for the fact that the lawnmower stalls, and methods of elimination are contained in the following video
The circumstances of stopping a brushcutter a lot, but for the most part there are problems in the works, related to its carburetor. These can occur in either case. The most problematic option is when there is a severe breakdown, and it comes in handy to get new parts or change the lawnmower.
Chinese lawnmower.Can not be adjusted the carburetor
To keep your brush cutter running properly for a long time, you should always follow the instructions in the user manual. You need to fill the machine with a fuel consistency that is suitable for its composition, and the device should work at a moderate load.
Why the chain saw starts and then shuts down?
The chainsaw starts and immediately stops, the reason for such behavior may be hidden in the carburetor. A faulty fuel pump or restrictor nozzle may cause the chain saw to start improperly. Unable to run the chainsaw after starting, requires a complete diagnosis in a service center.
All of the above variants of improper engine operation have similar causes, which, depending on their neglect, can have different manifestations. For example, with a small amount of air sucked into the crankcase, the engine operation will not change much, the engine power will slightly decrease, its maximum speed will increase, and it will be able to heat up a little. In moderate stages of air suction, the engine will stop idling and become very hot when running. Severe air intake, will make it impossible for the saw to operate, it will start and immediately shut down.
Parallel to the visible manifestations of malfunctions, for example, the inoperability of the chainsaw after starting, processes will occur inside the engine at the moment of its malfunction which will irreversibly lead the saw to the most severe consequences, for example, melting of the piston, jamming of the crankshaft.
At idle speed
At idle speed, common causes of grass trimmer stoppage are
- Reduced gearbox RPM as it heats up, which is a consequence of using an unsuitable fuel mixture;
- Throttle blockage;
If the problematic place is the carburetor, then the technique will stop both at “cold” and “hot” start.
What to do if the lawnmower starts and stops?
Let’s now consider all the problems described above in more detail.
In principle, there may be many reasons why the engine of a brushcutter stops working when you press the gas button. Here we will consider only the most common.
Probably just a clogged air valve. To correct the problem it may be enough to simply clean the air valve. The engine also stops because of a clogged air filter. To clean it, the filter should first be washed in solvent and then blown with a stream of compressed air.
The same procedure should be performed with a clogged fuel filter, which prevents the flow of fuel in the proper volume when the engine speed increases.
The engine can also stop for other reasons. First, the spacer located between the cylinder and carburetor has worn out, and second, the crankshaft oil seals have begun to suck air.
We have already pointed out that in this case the problem is the carburetor. Because of the increased temperature gasoline starts boiling in it, which stops forming the air-fuel mixture or its quality critically decreases.
This problem may also occur because the carburetor is equipped with a rotary rather than a butterfly. If the problem has become chronic, it should be solved radically. by buying a new carburetor with a disk choke.
Most likely, the fuel tank is not easily accessible and has a low pressure area which prevents the engine from getting enough fuel and thus causing the engine to stall.
The engine may stall at idle speed for the following reasons:
News one News one News one News one News one
I started making a gasoline solution that wasn’t quite normal, causing the drum to start dropping speeds;
You’ll need replacement parts to fix most problems, and Well Part is ready to provide them at the best price.
Buying a lawn mower, you need to be prepared for the fact that, as in all other similar tools, it can also have breakdowns that will require repair.
However, you should not immediately run to a service center and pay a lot of money to craftsmen who convince you that there is a serious malfunction in the device.
the lawnmower cuts out at high engine speeds on gas
Perhaps the most common complaint associated with gasoline trimmers, sounds like this: “lawn mower stops”.
Of course, this can also be caused by a rather serious fault. But in most cases the problem is much simpler than it first appears.
To cope with such a problem, first of all, try to deal with its causes yourself, because, having found the cause, it is much easier to deal with the problem, and sometimes it even eliminates itself.
In fact, there are quite a few reasons, this is when the lawnmower stalls at high revs.
Another is the presence of malfunctions in the power system.
In that case, the lawnmower will stall at idle speed. Problems with the power system can be caused by misalignment or improper adjustment of the carburetor.
Vibrations that occur when the lawnmower is running may cause the mower to run out of alignment.
Incorrect adjustment of the lawnmower, however, can be corrected by simply adjusting it according to the requirements specified in the instruction manual.
HOW TO FIX A WEEDEATER THAT BOGS DOWN, WON’T REV UP, KILLS
Also, sometimes gasoline grass trimmers can stall because the valve located in the gas tank lid is simply clogged or stuck.
To find out, try using the mower by loosening the gas tank cap.
If the device works properly in this mode, clean the valve.
over, the lawnmower can stall due to poor fuel flow to the carburetor
Why then the device starts, you may ask?
The reason for this is that at first the fuel runs into the carburetor a little bit, and it is enough to work with increased power.
But then it is produced and at high revolutions the engine starts to stall.
As for the carburetor, the problem may also lie in the fact that its body is too tight.
The reason why the lawnmower stops at high revolutions on gas may also be due to air leakage.
It is about the possible presence of a place through which air can pass in the process of heating the engine.
Among other things, do not forget to check the fuel intake hose. The problem may be that it is not holding up well or is cracked at all.
Adjusting and tuning the carburetor
Maximum and minimum engine speeds and idle speeds can be adjusted with a carburettor. The amount of fuel mixture and air fed, their proportion depends on the steady operation of your lawnmower. The lawnmower will not start if the carburettor is out of adjustment. The adjustment procedure for the low speed (L), high speed (H) and idle speed (T) fuel feeder is adjusted with the same-name screws:
- Allow the chainsaw to work for at least 10 minutes because the adjustment is done while it is hot.
- Turn the screw H slowly up to the maximum RPM and then turn it ¼ turn counterclockwise reducing the engine RPM.
- To adjust the idle speed use the T screw until the grasshopper does not rotate.
- Adjust the L screw by first opening the throttle as much as possible and then slowly lowering the RPM to a steady minimum.
After adjustment and serviceable carburetor with cleaned filters and checked ignition should allow the engine to run. If the carburetor malfunctions, after repairing it you will need to adjust the feeding system again before starting the lawnmower.
Rare breakdowns that prevent the lawnmower from working can be:
Well if even after such mockery your trimmer for grass will not start, you can not do without disassembling the carburetor. It may very well be that the needle is stuck in it. Stops at idle. When it heats up her trimmer for grass immediately stops why glows. Why does the hot stall? ? In fact, if it’s not hot, what grass trimmer should I get?? Hitachi. In any case, disassembly and washing the capricious mechanism is certainly not interfere.
In general, when the grass trimmer began to be capricious and throttle, it is advisable to carry out a complete prevention: completely change the fuel mixture, try a different oil, as well as necessarily change the spark plug. Practice shows that in many cases it is cheap poor quality plugs that are to blame.
We have considered the most typical reasons why the grass trimmer does not start. If it’s something more “exotic”, you can’t avoid a trip to the service center. The smaller and more obvious breakdowns you are likely to find on your own.
Do-it-yourself lawnmower repair
Many owners of gasoline lawnmowers sooner or later encounter technical problems with this technique. Most often, problems arise after three or four seasons of active use of the mower, or after the technique spends the winter in unheated garage. These problems can manifest themselves in the following way:
- lawn mower does not start
- the lawnmower starts but stops shortly after
- The lawn mower’s engine is malfunctioning
- the lawn mower engine does not run at full power
It doesn’t matter which engine is in your mower: an expensive Kawasaki engine or a simple Lifan engine from China. over the years all lawnmowers will most likely develop these problems. However, do not get upset and rush to take your mower to the service center. In the vast majority of cases, the lawnmower can be easily repaired with your own hands. In this material we will tell you step by step how to do it!
When you step on the gas
If the lawnmower stops when you press the gas, the following causes may be.
- common is the failure of the carburetor adjustment, which appears when there are significant loads on the drive, after long periods of inactivity of the mechanism or when using it in harsh conditions.
If the problem is related to the carburetor unit, you can recognize it by the appearance of vibrations of the lawnmower. When the hose is burst or the cable is stretched. replacement of these components.
Site about dacha
08.12.2018 admin Комментарии и мнения владельцев No Комментарии и мнения владельцев
Why the grass trimmer stops when you press the gas? Grass trimmer stopping at high and idle speeds, when heated up or when the air damper is opened. What to do if the gasoline grass trimmer starts and then stops?
grass trimmer, which has a gasoline drive. this is a necessary thing for owners of homestead plots, lawns, and when the grass trimmer at one point collapses, the work of cleaning the area from grass stops. The device itself is a fairly complex mechanism, so there are many different circumstances of its failure. frequent problems are contained in the operation manual. Know the background, why the grass trimmer turns off, so you can perfectly perform the repair of the device without the help of others.
Lawn trimmer stops when you step on the gas
The hole in the fuel cap (breather) of grass trimmer
In case of the same problem it is necessary to pay attention to the fuel valve, which in case of clogging stops the normal passage of the fuel mixture. The way to solve this problem is to loosen it with a suitable tool. In addition, the problem with the circulation of the fuel mixture can be hidden in the contamination of the valve. For this purpose it is enough to blow it with a stream of compressed air.
- by blowing atmospheric air into the combustion chamber;
- Fuel mixture circulation problems;
- clogging of the breather plug in the fuel tank cap (cleaning the hole with a thin sewing needle);
- improper carburetor adjustment.
At air leakage during engine operation it is necessary to check the tightness of connection pipes and the integrity of gaskets in the cylinder head. the problem with fuel mixture circulation may be solved by the removal of clogging in the fuel pipes leading to the carburetor. If there is a vacuum in the tank and the fuel mixture does not come to the carburetor, it is enough to clean the breather valve with a fine needle and blow it with air.
Main malfunctions of electric trimmers
The reasons why the electric lawnmower does not start and does not work, fall into two main categories. mechanical and electrical.
In the first case, causes of failure may be:
- Blades lock when trying to cut too tough grass or brush. In this case, free the cylinder from the jammed grass and turn it the other way.
- Blunt or damaged blades. Blades sharpened or replaced.
- Misalignment of the blades, resulting in poor controllability of the equipment, reduced quality of work. The problem is corrected by adjusting the gap.
- Vibration and rattling of the machine due to loose bolt connections. Adjust the bolt connections.
- In models with a fishing line, there may be problems with the trimmer reel. The line may run out, break or get tangled.
- The cause of the lawnmower stalling immediately after starting or during operation could be a cut in the power cable or a power cut in the mains.
- Electric grass trimmer gets very hot and may smoke. Motor overheating and possible failure can be caused by excessive work or overloading, which is caused by blocking the cutting elements with foreign objects. Sparks and smoke may be caused by improperly selected brushes or their improperly positioned.
- One of the reasons an electric lawnmower won’t start is because the control button malfunctions.