Top 15 best electric trimmers: rating 2021-2022 and what is the best choice for dacha
Whether you need to mow the territory, or remove weeds, or mow lawns: you can’t do without such a device as a trimmer for grass, if you want to put your garden plot in order. There are 3 types of trimmers. electric, gasoline, battery-powered. and it is the first that we are most interested in. We have studied several dozen of the most popular models and we present to your attention the most successful of them. Familiarize yourself with the technical characteristics, advantages, disadvantages and make your choice.
|Best electric grass trimmers by price/quality for 2021-2022|
|1||Huter GET-1500SL||Check out the price||4.9 / 5|
|2||STIGA SGT 1000 J||Check price||4.8 / 5|
|3||AL-KO 112929 GTE 450 Comfort||See Price||4.7 / 5|
|Best cordless electric grass trimmers|
|1||Greenworks 1301507 G-MAX 40V GD40BC||Check price||4.9 / 5|
|2||Husqvarna 115iL (967 09 88-01)||Check out the price||4.8 / 5|
|3||DeWALT DCM571N-XJ||Expected price||4.7 / 5|
|The best electric grass trimmers with mains operation|
|1||STAVR TE-1400R||You can find out the price of this motor||4.9 / 5|
|2||Denzel TE-1400 (96612)||Find out the price||4.8 / 5|
|3||Bosch ART 30 (0.600.8A5.400)||See price||4.7 / 5|
|The best electric line grass trimmers|
|1||ELITECH ET 800||See price||4.9 / 5|
|2||Greenworks 21217 GST5033 230V Basic||information about the price||4.8 / 5|
|Best electric trimmers for grass with a line and a knife|
|1||STAVR TE-1700P||Check out the price||4.9 / 5|
|2||Denzel TE-1200 (96611)||Check price||4.8 / 5|
|The best inexpensive electric grass trimmers|
|1||Huter GET-600 2021||See price||4.9 / 5|
|2||Worx WG119E||See price||4.8 / 5|
Best Electric Trimmers of 2021. Top 10
|The best inexpensive electric grass trimmers||1||Greenworks 21277 230V 30cm Deluxe||9.6 / 10|
|2||Denzel TE-650||9.5 / 10|
|3||BlackDecker GL360SB||9.0 / 10|
|4||Carver TR 500T||8.7 / 10|
|The best multi-functional electric grass trimmers with fishing line and blade||1||Stiga SB 1000 J||9.8 / 10|
|2||Fubag FET 1200R||9.5 / 10|
|3||Greenworks GST1246||9.3 / 10|
|The best cordless grass trimmers||1||Husqvarna 115iL||9.8 / 10|
|2||DeWALT DCM561P1||9.7 / 10|
|3||Bosch EasyGrassCut 18-26 (0.600.8C1.C00)||9.5 / 10|
Greenworks 21277 230V 30cm Deluxe
Opens our rating of the best electric trimmers Greenworks 21277. This electric grass mower is inexpensive but versatile enough and has no shortage of power when using a standard 1.5-millimeter line. the 500-watt motor mounted on the head is more than up to the job. There are two main “features” in this design. The first one is the ability to rotate the head by 90 degrees, thanks to which the grass trimmer turns into a edger, and the second one is the presence of a wheel on the housing, which allows you to work with edges, not to keep the grass trimmer on the weight, and roll it in front of you.
Maximum cutting width is 33 cm, there is an automatic line feed. The telescopic boom allows you to quickly fold up your grass trimmer for storage and adjust it to your anthropometry when working. Given the moderate weight (3.2 kg), the grass trimmer is well balanced and does not overload the hands when working even in the straight position of the head, when it has to be held in the weight. The noise level of the collector high-speed motor is high enough, but in headphones will not cause problems. Little hand-arm vibration.
For the same cutting width, the Denzel electric grass trimmer is 150 Watts more powerful than the Greenworks, but, alas, it is heavier (3.45 kg). our priorities were obvious with such a small price difference. In addition, the grass trimmer uses a thinner 1.3-millimeter line for trimming, which wears faster (after all, the head spins up to 9,000 rpm!).
Cordless Grass Shears // Better than a trimmer?
The telescopic boom is adjustable up to 215 mm, so adapting to any body height is no problem. Tilt-adjustable head to boom and 180-degree rotation of sections relative to each other for trimming.
There is a certain miscalculation in ergonomics. it is not very convenient to hold the power button for a long time: Safety from accidental start-up by safety, but the trimmer has to work somehow.
The absence of boom length adjustment makes us immediately lower the rating points to this electric trimmer: of course, it costs not very much, but it is unlikely that a telescopic shaft would have raised its price so much. The 350-watt motor drives the easy-release 1.6-millimeter line head up to 11,500 rpm, so the grass trimmer does its job quickly. and at only 1.6 kg it’s also quite comfortable to work with, if it suits your height. Perhaps the detachable T-handle should be replaced with the D-shaped one. It would be more convenient to intercept the handle when working, if such necessity occurs.
Cooling is done quite reasonably: the air is blown over the motor hood and is taken high and behind, in the area where grass particles, pollen and other attendants of grass trimmer operation fly in at a minimum volume, is blown out over the head, further spreading the above mentioned to the sides. In this regard, frequent maintenance is not required. Reel. semi-automatic, releases fishing line for trimmer is not after unwinding engine, and requires pressing the end of the ground.
Most of all, the trimmer electric grass trimmer will appeal to people of small stature. its dimensions will be just right here. But at the height above average, alas, it will be very uncomfortable to work with them. this should be considered when buying.
I personally find the electric grass trimmer very comfortable, it doesn’t weigh much, and I can work for a long time without getting tired.
Best Electric Hedge Trimmer 2021-2022 Top 5 Best Electric Hedge Trimmer Reviews
Carver TR 500T
For its price, which other than “much less” can not be called (of course, there are cheaper, but with a flavor of disposability), Carver looks good: rod. telescopic, motor. five hundred watts. The tilt angle of the head relative to the boom is adjustable, as well as the D-shaped handle. well, everything is like at the adults. What have you saved on??
First of all on the spool: it’s not “automatic”, to release the line it must be pressed to the ground (and it does not always work as it should, so it’s easier to release the line for the trimmer manually), and it is removable only bobbin. In general, you should be more careful with this place. Further, the weighting of trimmer for grass is not the most successful. the boom and handle light, so the head with the motor strongly outweigh, the hands during a long mowing grass can get tired more than with a comparable class of trimmers-competitors.
Nevertheless we include this model in our rating of the best electric washers: in this price category one hundred-percent reliability and ideal assembling is not worth waiting anyway, but it is hard to choose. the motor is low-powered, the rod is unadjustable and below average height, there are problems with service life, etc. Carver is not so bad for a “budget model” in total. the main thing is to remember that it is a “budget model”, and not to demand too much from it.
Best Electric Trimmers
Many owners of private houses and dachas take good care of the garden plot. When grass begins to grow actively, it becomes necessary to use special equipment. The modern market offers a choice of lawn mowers, lawn mowers, electric trimmers for grass. The latter are advantageously distinguished by their affordable price, so there is a steady demand for them. Electric grass trimmers are especially effective in small areas, where it is not difficult to pull an extension cord. But the difficulties arise at the stage of purchase. The range of electric tools is very diverse, so a few tips from experts will be relevant and appropriate. What are the most important parameters to pay attention to??
- First of all it is necessary to determine the performance. It depends on the power and speed of the motor. For well-groomed areas where you have to mow the growing grass, power up to 1,000 watts will be enough. You should not chase a high output also for another reason. The stronger the motor, the heavier the grass trimmer weighs.
- On the price and usability is affected by the location of the engine. Cheap low-power models have the lower location of the electric motor. But such a design has serious disadvantages, such as clogging with grass and poor cooling.
- For models with a top-mounted engine, the necessary equipment will be shoulder straps. Unfortunately, not all manufacturers equip grass trimmers with these accessories.
- Electric grass trimmers also differ in the shape of the handle. Lightweight units are equipped with D-shaped holders, which give maneuverability to the trimmer. And more powerful units are controlled by a handle in the form of a bicycle handlebar.
Our review includes the best electric grass trimmers. When compiling the rating, such criteria were taken into account as:
Disadvantages of electric trimmers
When buying electric trimmers, it is necessary to consider their disadvantages:
- You can work with an electric trimmer only if you have a power source;
- It is necessary to buy power extension cords, and preferably from 20 meters;
- There is always a risk of damage to the mains cord with a working trimmer if it is handled carelessly;
- despite the increased waterproofing, extension cords should not be used on wet lawns;
- electric mowers need more frequent breaks than petrol mowers;
- Power of an electric grass trimmer is less than a gasoline trimmer.
Fubag FET 1200R
I’m not a pro at mowing, but this grass trimmer seemed to me a beast. Powerful for lawns, mowing with a line only, power is top-notch. Don’t regret buying it. Grass trimmers are worth it
- Grass trimmer cutting element: trimmer line and blade, trimmer line 2.40 mm
- Boom design: Straight boom
- Handle shape: T-handle (bicycle)
- The presence of wheels: no
- Detailed package: weed trimmer, spool with fishing line, circular knife, shoulder strap, safety cover, instruction manual
- Electric motor power 1200 watts
- Mowing width 42 cm
- Shoulder strap / folding handle
- Weight 5.8 kg
What electric grass trimmer is better to buy
Electric grass trimmer should be chosen based on the necessary functions. If you plan to treat a small area, there is no point in spending extra money on an expensive model. But if we are talking about a large area, you should consider the possibility of self-contained operation, because pulling the cord through the entire garden would be inconvenient.
Here is which option and in what cases it is worth choosing:
- You need to mow a small area quickly? Will be convenient Patriot PT 500. high power and mowing width will allow to bring the earth in order, not wasting a lot of time and effort.
- If the garden or vegetable garden is small, but there are benches and paths, it is worth using the Bosch EasyGrassCut, which easily removes vegetation in hard-to-reach places.
- Those who plan to process a large overgrown area can buy a grass trimmer “Huter GET-1000S”. High power and cutting width of 35 cm, as well as protection against overheating will allow you to work without interruption.
- If you need regular maintenance of small areas, you should pay attention to the electric mower “Gardena SmallCut Li-23R”, which can be easily used by women and teenagers alike.
- For areas with dense and coarse vegetation suits grass trimmer “Makita UR2300”. its sharp knives can cope not only with weeds but also with the trimming of bushes.
- For those who value high power combined with compact size and light weight, the Denzel TE-1400 is the right choice. Comfortable handle and shoulder strap for long periods of use.
- For working in hard-to-reach areas and irregular shapes, the STIHL FSA 45 is the right choice. Adjustable mowing unit angle allows to mow all corners of the garden or vegetable garden.
Everyone has his own idea of what characteristics have the best electric trimmers. To make the most correct choice, Vyborexperta experts.ru have conducted a thorough analysis of all parameters. You need to consider the performance of the model, the convenience of design, the location of the motor and the availability of additional options. When you carefully study all the characteristics and consider your own requirements, it’s easy to find your ideal device.
How to choose a cordless grass trimmer and what to pay attention to?
The criteria for choosing a cordless grass trimmer in 2021-2022 are as follows:
- power. Cordless models fall a little short of their gasoline and electric counterparts. The greater the capacity value, the more productive model you get, and the heavier it is.
- battery type and capacity. The higher the battery capacity, the longer the grass trimmer will work without recharging. Keep in mind that the capacity of the nickel-cadmium variants decreases with time of use. Lithium-ion batteries lose practically nothing over time.
- charging time. Can go up to 24 hours, so ask the manufacturer about this parameter in advance.
- weight and dimensions. In general, cordless grass trimmers are quite light in weight, but sometimes you come across heavyweights, so it is better to choose some models in stores, where you can hold them and check for weight.
- complete set. Pay attention to the presence of the battery (rechargeable battery) and the battery charger (charger) in the package. If this is your first model, it is better to take a complete set, and when buying a grass trimmer again, check whether the accessories from the previous device fit the new one.
- boom design. Can be straight or curved. The straight version is more reliable because they are equipped with a rigid metal shaft. The curved ones have a cable to transmit the torque.
- handle shape. Cordless models usually have two options: a crampons and a curved. The first is suitable for mowing a small area, even a beginner can easily cope with them. The second option is more suitable for experienced professionals for mowing large areas.
- motor location. Can be top or bottom. With the first option, you can use the model even on wet grass.
- noise level. In general, cordless grass trimmers are low-noise, but you need to remember that the noise level increases in proportion to the power.
How to choose a grass trimmer for dacha?
For 2021-2022, the selection criteria are as follows:
- power. For dachas and small lawns, the power of 250-700 watts is enough, while the battery-powered analogues in 20 volts.
- power source. Grass trimmers come in gasoline, battery and electric corded. Cordless mowers have big advantages: low noise, no connection to the electricity grid, easy maintenance and compact size. Electric grass trimmers can also be compact, easy to maintain, but the downside will be the wire, which can get tangled. Extensions may also be needed for it, and it can be torn. Gasoline models are the heaviest and are used to handle large areas.
- cutting element. You can use knives or fishing line for the trimmer as a cutting element. Most models will be equipped with just a fishing line. The thicker it is, the thicker stems it will cut. Varieties like “section” or “star” increase the efficiency of the appliance and are better at dealing with dense grass and weeds. The line for the trimmer protects the other elements of the grass trimmer from breakage, because it tears when it comes into contact with an obstacle. Models with blades are better to use where there are no stones and logs in the grass, because the impact inside the device causes vibration, which can subsequently lead to a breakdown.
- weight. The greater the power of the device, the greater its weight. Keep in mind that if you weigh too much, you may not be comfortable working with the trimmer.
- mowing width. For suburban areas, the mowing width of 250-270 mm is quite sufficient.
- motor location. The gasoline models have the engine on top, because it is more convenient to carry and use them this way. Electric low-powered variants can have a bottom.
How to choose the best model for mowing grass at the cottage?
The ideal purchase is the one that is of good quality, has high performance and does not cost a penny. To ensure that the grass trimmer model does not turn out to be thrown away money, it is worth paying attention to the main criteria for selection.
- The most important is the power. If you need a grass trimmer to maintain a well-groomed grass, up to 1000 watts of power will be enough. Remember, the more power, the heavier the machine will be.
- The location of the engine in the trimmer affects the cost. Not recommended models, in which the motor is located in the lower part. Generally, these grass trimmers fail faster due to grass, moisture and poor cooling. Models that have the top location of the engine are equipped with special shoulder straps. Pay attention that the manufacturer has them in the kit.
- The choice of “steering wheel” control depends on the preferences and needs of the user. D-shaped handlebar is put on trimmers that are maneuverable. The more serious models have a “bicycle handlebar”.
Electric grass trimmers make it much easier to do the job with ease. Maintaining a well-groomed garden with mechanical help is much easier.