Circular saw with their own hands: how to make a manual and semi-automatic circular saw (80 photos)
In practical terms, when repairing or running a business related to wood, the circular saw is an indispensable tool in the household. With its help do such work as:
- wood dissolving;
- Cutting and obtaining the same size of slats, planks and slats;
- Creating joints on boards;
- obtaining even edges when cutting boards and slats.
In the household, the circular minitool is often used for cutting firewood from leftovers in woodworking.
When making a circular saw with your own hands, you can get a unit that has many unique additional functions:
Making a saw frame for cutting firewood yourself
A chainsaw significantly eases the hard work of collecting firewood. When using it, productivity increases many times over. Without a chainsaw, when faced with large, wet logs, the task of sawing becomes even more difficult.
In one go in such a sawhorse, you can stack up to 150 kg of logs with a total package cross-section of about 27.5 cm.
A completely different principle of securing a log is demonstrated by clamping structures, which include the Logosol chainsaw sawing scaffold. This modern equipment is made in the form of a stable base with a niche for a log, which is placed at one end on a toothed rung and clamped in it by the movable upper part, also equipped with teeth. The rest of the log is left hanging freely in the air, and the absence of any limiting parts allows it to be sawn into billets in one go.
First you need to think about the task at hand. That is, what kind of cut must be made. longitudinal or transverse. Then assess the thickness of the wooden workpiece and its structure. Because each type of wood requires a different platter speed.
Optimal tool rotation speed for sawing:
- Soft wood. 50 to 90 m/s;
- hardwood. from 50 to 80 m/s;
- exotic wood. 80 to 85 m/s;
- Carpentry and chipboard. 60 to 80 m/s;
- Fibreboard: 30 to 60 m/s;
- laminate. 40 to 60 m/s.
You can then look for the right cutting wheel in your toolbox. And the marking on the tool is a great help here. All the information you need is indicated on the disc. And a manufacturer that is both reliable and respectful of customers will add the pictographs by laser.
The marking on the wood circular saw contains information about:
- tool for application (manual or stationary);
- external diameter of the nozzle and the allowable fit;
- speed and direction of rotation;
- material to which the tool is allowed to be applied;
- the resulting kerf width;
- the number of teeth;
- the service life of the nozzle.
Depending on the capriciousness of the material and the complexity of the operation, you can choose to work with either a solid disc, or its counterpart with hard-alloy teeth. Some masters go the simple way. the purchase of an expensive tool with an alternating flat cutter and a trapezoid-sharpened cutter. Popularly, such a disc is considered a universal, for all occasions.
Design and materials for stationary saw
Homemade circular saw with your own hands can be made by fixing the hand tool on a stable base. In the simplest version, the device is installed on wooden trestles or on a table assembled from plywood and boards. The tool is fixed at the bottom of the plywood sheet, a cut is made for the serrated disk in the tabletop.
Parameters of the machine construction depend on the size of the material to be treated. Capacity of the hand-held tool (800-1200 W or more) is chosen according to it. To make a clean cut, it is better to install a model with a speed of 3000-4000 revolutions.
To make the machine will require wood materials, fasteners and tools:
Tools for making a homemade circular saw.
plywood with thickness of 20 mm;board for ribs and legs (50×100 mm);sandpaper, joinery glue and varnish; screws, self-tapping screws, clamps; tape measure, pencil, ruler; jigsaw, drill, electric screwdriver.
The height of the table is selected according to the height of the master and is usually about 1 m, the length of the table top depends on the size of the materials to be processed.
Elements of design created with their own hands sawing machine for wood
To make a stationary machine at home for sawing materials, first of all you need to know what structural elements it consists of. Whether it is a machine made by your own hands from a manual circular saw, angle grinder or a tool assembled from disparate elements. the set of basic parts is the same.
The surface of the table should be made flat, for a better product at the output.
The main elements of stationary circular machines are:
- Table for connecting and fixing mechanisms. If the circular saw is powerful and massive, it is better to use a metal table. Options of chipboard, wood, plywood are suitable, most importantly, that the surface is smooth.
- Shaft. The most critical part. When it is made separately, a lathe is used. Dimensions must be calculated accurately, this will avoid runout.
- Cover. This element ensures the safe use of the circular saw.
- Engine. When using an angle grinder or circular saw, it is part of the power tool.
For your information! If the design is assumed prefabricated, then in creating a circular saw with their own hands, the engine from a washing machine will be the most successful option.
In the design of the circular saw there must be movable parts of the drives, and in the power supply circuit must be mounted a button to stop the engine in emergency situations.
Any fixed type circular saw consists of the main parts.
Types of circular saws
There are many types of circular saws, depending on the type and size of the wood to be processed, the place of use of the device, and the frequency of its use.
Depending on where the tool is used, it is subdivided according to the type of design:
- Stationary machines. installed in workshops, production halls or sawmills. Designed for long hours and large quantities of material.
- Table saws. machines, convenient for transportation and installation on the construction site, to work throughout the construction of the building, such saws are also called trimmers.
- Manual. compact circular saws, used to ensure quick cutting of piece-materials made of wood at small amounts of work.
Depending on the purpose of use, the tool has different working life, engine power and strength of the main body elements.
- Professional. reliable, expensive equipment designed for long-term continuous operation, for example, in commercial building material trades.
- Household. can be used sparingly at home or in the country, works without interruption for several hours a day with breaks to avoid overheating of the motor. Performance of these saws is lower than professional tools.
Before buying a circular saw it is necessary to check the quality of the disk as the main working body. Its teeth and steel should be matched to the material to be cut. If the condition is not met, this accessory is purchased additionally.
Previously we have already considered:
Table for circular saw with his own hands (with drawings)
This section offers a model of a universal table, on which you can place a circular saw with any technical indicators and dimensions. To make the construction you will need the following materials:
- Sheet of plywood, preferably with a laminated top coating, at least 10 mm thick and 800×800 mm in size;
- 4 leaf Laminated chipboard 16 mm thick (400×784 mm);
- bars 50×50 mm;
- screws and self-tapping screws.
Homemade circular saw with his own hands, will require prepared drawings
- The upper part of the future table, which is a box without a bottom, is assembled from sheets of laminated chipboard. The sides are attached to each other with bars, the length of which is much greater than the height of the sheets.
- The fabricated structure is turned over, the bars-legs of the future table in its lower part are fastened by additional crosspieces.
- A tabletop is cut from plywood, in which a longitudinal hole is made with a jigsaw. a saw blade will be inserted into it.
It is not difficult to find a drawing of such a design on the Internet, which will greatly simplify the manufacturing. You can modernize the above suggested variant of the table for the circular cutter with your own hands, replacing the bars with a metal angle or making a so-called box of boards. At the bottom of the construction it is not bad to make a shelf.
Circular saw cutter making with your own hands
Laying wooden flooring, replacement of trim, facade cladding planken, clapboard, the creation of elements of landscape design requires the presence of dimensional board. The process of preparing such a board is called facing. That is, the ends of the material are cut off in order to obtain the desired size of the workpiece and to make the cuts aesthetic.
A crosscut saw made by your own hands makes the work faster and more economical
To make a trimmer from a manual circular saw with your own hands, you will need improvised material and used tools. The standard characteristics that the future facing tool should have are as follows:
The upper part of the power tool is attached to the pin using a large bearing. 150 mm (it will not be difficult to buy it at the market.) On the outside of the bearing you attach the lugs. They serve to fix the tool to the surface of the bed with M6 screws.
The main accessories for the circular saw with their own hands are car shock absorbers (it is convenient to use them as a broach), a soft-start button and additional protection, which is attached to the power tool and the bed.
The upper part of the mitre saw is secured to a kingpin with a bearing
Important! Before assembling the construction, the shock absorbers must be disassembled, oil must be drained from them and the air holes must be made.
The advantages of a homemade mitre saw include the following:
- The design is easy to disassemble, and the power tool can be used for its intended purpose.
Among the significant disadvantages are high noise. It is almost impossible to eliminate this disadvantage. In addition, it is necessary to make a test cut (selecting and fixing the pull) to ensure a good quality of the subsequent work.
Block: 7/8 | Number of characters: 3318
Number of blocks: 16 | Total number of characters: 23962Number of used donors: 8Information on each donor: