Snowplow with their own hands: drawings and diagrams
To clean fallen snow in cities use special equipment. But in the villages there is little or no. In rural areas, many people often make a snowplow based on their own mini-tractor or power tiller. Such a design, although cheaper than prototypes produced by industry, but not everyone has it on the farm. practical will be to make a snowplow with their own hands from a chainsaw. This will save consumables.
To assemble snowplows, you can use the drawings, which are easy to find on the Internet, or take up the development of your own version based on the conditions of the area.
There are four types of snowplows:
- Bulldozer. Wheels with a front-mounted blade.
- Screw. With this system, snow is gripped, little by little, by rotating belts and is moved to a pipe through which it is ejected.
- Fan-blade. Over special mouldboard blades, the clumped snowflakes are guided to the fan, lifted by the blades to the pipe and ejected outward.
- The auger-rotor snow blower. It works like a vacuum cleaner. The snow mass is drawn in by a strong jet of air and thrown out into the street.
In cities all these types of cleaning equipment are used, but in rural areas the air-rotor type is difficult to do, because you need a very powerful motor to suck up the snow. Therefore, this article discusses the creation of only the first three options.
Screw-type and auger-rotor snow blowers differ from each other in a number of features of the working systems. Auger-rotor machines clear snow using a special wheel with blades. As a rule, these units are self-propelled, equipped with a special wheel drive.
Such special equipment is used on large areas, equipped with relatively powerful engines, greatly facilitating the work of the operator and reducing the time to perform tasks. For small areas, devices with engine power not exceeding 5 horsepower are more suitable.
You can see in more detail on the following
These are mostly non-self-propelled machines, perfectly coping with their task of clearing fresh and uncompacted snow in suburban areas, paths of country houses, yards and alleys of medical institutions.
During operation, the auger snowplow captures a portion of snow with a bucket made of metal or plastic. Rotating auger grinds snow, which is then sent to the outlet chute. The outlet chute is designed to throw the snow in the right direction.
Additionally at the outlet, depending on the model, impellers or special wheels with blades are installed. With their help, the throwing range of snow increases several times.
Another important characteristic is the presence of a wheel drive. Non-self-propelled models have no drive on the wheels, and the unit is moved manually. Only an auger equipped with rubber elements assists the operator. And about how to assemble a self-propelled snow thrower with your own hands, we will tell here.
Such elements not only gently handle the surface to be cleared, but also help move the machine forward, pulling it up after contact with the pavement.
Minus of such units lie in the small throwing range, which does not exceed five meters, the inability to cope with lying snow and ice crust, problems during cleaning on uneven areas. The rest is a list of pluses:
- Affordable price.
- Complete with rubberized augers.
- Compact size.
- Quiet operation provided an electric motor is installed.
- Acceptable weight.
As you can see despite the impressive number of advantages, the device has a lot of disadvantages, and if you look at them, decided that it is better to buy a complete unit, we advise you to consider as a potential purchase-snowthrower Forte qi jy 50, because he has a fairly reasonable price.
Snow blower gearbox. maintenance and fabrication
The gearbox is one of the most important mechanisms of a snow blower. Its function is to receive torque from the motor and its subsequent transfer to the working elements of the unit.
Below we will consider the construction of the reducer, the peculiarities of its disassembly and self-lubrication.
Snowblower gearbox design
At the heart of the mechanism is the gear wheel of the snowthrower gearbox, for the manufacture of which soft metals or, in cheaper models of snowthrowers, plastic is used. The use of softer metals in its structure in the manufacture of gears is due to the feature that in the event of unforeseen jamming of the auger mechanism, the snow blower motor will not be exposed to mechanical damage.
The snowblower screw gear itself is attached to the shaft surface with a few shear bolts, which play the role of primary protection of the snowblower engine. In the event of an emergency repair of the machine bolts are cut off, thus protecting the motor of the snow blower in use.
Gear wheel of the snowthrower gearbox and all other parts are located inside the protective housing of the unit. In the case of domestic snow blowers, the gear housing is made of a selected silicon alloy and aluminum components. In this case, the design of the housing includes two parts that are connected to each other by bolts. Gearboxes of professional snowthrowers are equipped with a one-piece cast-iron housing.
Snowblower Gearboxes Classification
All modern snowthrowers are equipped with gearboxes of mainly two types. These include:
- Maintenance reducers. this kind of mechanisms allows disassembly for preventive maintenance or repair. These gears are distinguished by increased reliability, long service life. Elements of these mechanisms are made mainly of bronze, due to which their wear is significantly reduced;
- Maintenance-free gears. these mechanisms do not need to be serviced and cannot be repaired. In case of any failure of such reducer it must be dismantled and a new mechanism must be installed instead.
Gears for snow blowers of the second type are included in the complete set of less expensive models, mainly made in China and Korea. Their service life under intensive load is, as a rule, 60-100 hours of operation.
How to remove the gearbox on a snowthrower. a step-by-step algorithm
Dismantling and disassembling the snowblower gearbox is required if the machine owner needs to repair the mechanism or replace the lubricant in it.
The procedure for disassembly is as follows
- First, set the snow blower in a stationary position;
- Then loosen the bolts and carefully remove the cover that protects the belts and the auger drive cable;
- Unscrew the bolts located behind the “snail”;
- Carefully remove the auger mechanism belt from the gear pulley;
- Remove the screws that secure the auger shaft;
- Turn the volute until you hear a click, and pull out the auger mechanism along with the impeller installed in it;
- Remove the shear bolts and disassemble the shaft;
- Next, disassemble the gearbox of the snow blower. To do this, one of the components of the shaft firmly clamp in a vise and unscrew the 6 bolts that secure both components of the gear housing. After that, use a hammer to gently tap the mechanism body. At the end remove the gear for the snow blower and other elements of the assembly from the gearbox.
Lubricant for the snowthrower gearbox. product selection and replacement
Before you replace the lubricant in the gearbox of the snowblower, you should choose the right lubricant. In practice, the best option is gear oil. due to its consistency, this grease quickly penetrates into all the holes and grooves, and creates a solid protective film on the gear and other elements of the snowblower gear.
Under no circumstances should you use “Lithol” or other thick compositions for lubrication. The worm gear, which in most cases is equipped with snowthrowers, with such a lubricant will not be protected from increased wear, as the agent will spread through the holes inside the mechanism for quite a long time. Replace the old lubricant in the snowthrower gearbox after you purchase the product.
The procedure is as follows:
- First get rid of the old grease in the nipple and on the parts of the unit. To do this, it is best to put the elements of the mechanism in a container with gasoline and leave it for 1 hour;
- After that, unscrew the nozzle and through a syringe put in the right amount of lubricant;
- Then screw the nozzle back into place and reassemble the gearbox of the snowthrower being used in the reverse order.
In most cases, companies-manufacturers of snowthrowers necessarily warn their customers about the lack of the right amount of lubricant inside the gearbox. In this regard, it is necessary to pour oil into the mechanism after the first 10 hours of use of the snowthrower.
Gearbox for snow blower. how to make your own hands?
Gearbox. a unit that fails quite quickly, especially when it comes to maintenance-free mechanism for the snowthrower. In this regard, some owners of snow blowers prefer to make homemade gearboxes. If you follow all the rules of assembly, the result can be a mechanism that is almost as reliable as the factory units.
To make a node for the snowthrower, you will need a diagram, which will specify the dimensions and methods of installation of parts of the mechanism.
After studying the drawings, you can proceed directly to assembly. The procedure for this is as follows:
- First, the gear reducer gear for the snowthrower is taken, and mounted together with the bearings on the shaft of the machine. Gear must necessarily be made of bronze and have at least 20 teeth;
- Next, the first part of the housing is installed on the shaft. The bearings and the pinion should be placed inside the housing at this time;
- Then the parts need to be sealed with gaskets. Their diameter should be 1 cm larger than the diameter of the pinion. After that, the second part of the gear case is installed on top;
- At the last stage both parts of the housing should be bolted together with shear bolts.
Snow blower with their own hands: general principles and different designs
To study the main assemblies and important details, you can use a sample of a typical machine of this class in a good complete set
This list shows the components of the design with Комментарии и мнения владельцев:
- A heating element built into the handles (1) increases comfort when operating machinery in winter conditions.
- The auger control lever (2) is used to adjust the torque range of the drive shaft and the direction of travel.
- Adjust the chute tilt angle with the mechanical drive (3).
- Trigger (4) to control the auger movement. If you release it, it stops turning.
- Power toggle switch (5) for handle heating.
- Turn the chute in the desired direction using the rotary lever (6).
- Power unit (7). This model has a gasoline engine with an output of more than 5 kW. Fuel reserve tank (10) with a capacity of 6 liters.
- Rotating snow chute (8) with adjustable angle of inclination.
- To ensure reliability and increase comfort there is a combined starter (9) with an electric and manual drive.
- The wheels on the axle can be locked with a special cotter pin(12) for improved cross-country ability on difficult terrain.
- Off-road performance is improved by wide wheels (13) with large grip surfaces.
- Blades (14) gently shovel snow. This comes in handy for breaking up tall drifts.
- Screw shoes (15) set the height of the bucket in relation to the firm surface.
- This part is equipped with a grid (16) for an even distribution of the snow flow and better ejection parameters.
- Remove accumulated snow from the working elements with a shovel (17). The tool is inserted into special grips on the rear wall of the bucket.
- Ribs (18) reinforce the design. This model is capable of clearing a 66-cm-wide driveway in one pass. The maximum height of the snow cover is 55 cm.
- Two bolts (19). a protective device. Heads shear off when excessive force is applied when hard objects get inside. This simple solution prevents damage to the auger, drive unit and other valuable snow plow components.
- Surfaces of metal parts are protected against corrosion by multilayer coating (20).
- The force on the auger is transmitted using a worm gearing (21).
- The bottom scraper plate (22) wears out over time. Screw fixing for easy replacement.
- Toothed auger (23) of the snowplow makes it easier to cut through dense snow and ice crust.
- The shaft (24) is supported in the side walls of the bucket.
- Headlamp with LED unit (25) ensures good visibility in difficult conditions.
Some parts are too complicated for a homemade snow blower. Others are quite possible to use in your own project. So, LED lights are not only characterized by economical power consumption. They are durable, vibration resistant. They can be safely used in a wide temperature range, in conditions of high humidity.
Single-stage rotary machine
You should start with relatively simple models to study the designs
With the help of this drawing snowplow with their own hands is not difficult. Here the impeller (D) is mounted on the motor shaft. As it rotates, it ejects the snow to the side through the chute (E) rigidly attached to the body. The machine is built on a sturdy frame with runners (C). To move the user makes efforts in the right direction through the support handle (P).
The simple design is a major advantage. The low price of a snow blower is clear even without close examination. It can be built in a short time, using improvised means and simple tools. Wooden parts are made using hand carpentry tools. For the drive you can use a suitable power motor from a failed trimmer for the grass.
Similar solutions are used in the construction of professional machinery
Two-stage auger snow plow, wheeled and tracked versions
This design is more complicated. But a self-propelled petrol-powered snow blower built around it will better meet the needs of today’s consumers. Here, the rotor is supplemented by a discharge pipe, which is useful for adjusting the slope and throw distance. The auger mechanism directs the snow to the central part with a relatively larger working width. Straight walls of the bucket are subjected to less stress, so they will serve their purpose for a long period of time.
They cut through snow drifts with their sharp edges, which simplifies complicated work operations
The main disadvantages in this case are the complexity and the corresponding increase in project cost. For a complete overview it is necessary to note the peculiarities of different ways to move the snowplow.
Make your own auger
The auger for the snow blower is the main moving part of the machine, which is easy to make. It is best to use a conveyor belt with a thickness of 10 mm and a length of 1.5 m for the manufacture of the auger. From the rubber band you need to cut 4 rings with a diameter of 28 cm. The parts are easily cut out with an electric jigsaw.
Below are blueprints for all parts of the auger.
You use a 27 mm diameter metal pipe as a shaft. To its ends are fixed adapters, on which the bearings are installed. In the central part of the pipe is made a cut of length 120 mm, in which the central plate will be installed, designed to throw the snow. Also 4 plates are put on the tube and welded. Rubber rings will be attached to them and to the central plate. How this is done, can be clearly seen in the following photo.
A metal strip can also be used for the auger. But it is preferable to use rubber, as it does not scratch the paving slabs and is not damaged when in contact with a solid obstacle, such as a curb or fence.
How a snow blower for a power tiller is designed
If we consider the models that are on sale, the principle of their work is approximately as follows: the device consists of an engine, front blades, which produce a selection of snow and rotor node inside the mechanism. Through the work of the motor rotates the auger, which breaks the layer of snow in front of itself and rakes its crushed parts. The rotor blades, picking up the snow, feed it inside the device, and then push it out through the outlet spigot to a distance of several meters.
Such a two-stage design is quite convenient to use, however, it is more typical for ready-made devices and in the case of independent implementation has some difficulties. So when it comes to making a snowplow for your own hands, it is better to use a simplified mechanism.
Single-axle tractor with a two-stage snowplow
There are many options for making devices independently: someone uses blades, located on the auger for throwing snow, and someone, on the contrary, prefers to use a rotor, while simply raking the snow yourself with a bucket. In any case, both variants can greatly facilitate the process of snow removal.
Independently decide on the type of snowplow from a power tiller, which you want to make is simple enough. There are only three basic types of devices: auger, rotary and two-stage. Considering one or the other variant of manufacture, you will understand what their differences are and can make the right choice for yourself.
Surface profile of an oblique helical helicoid
In this case, each surface shape remains parallel to the corresponding shape of some coaxial rotational cone with an angle at the apex of 2α
, which is called the guiding cone.
To plot the unwinding of one coil of a given surface, we divide the horizontal projection into equal parts (for example, into 12), and take each of them as an equilateral trapezium.
The sides of all trapezoids are equal to. Their natural value is given by the frontal projection 0′. 0’1 = b
The value of b can be calculated by the formula b = R. r/sinα
The other two sides, e.g 0. 1 и 01
The analytical way
Based on bending the surface of an oblique helicoid into a single-strip hyperboloid of rotation, the surface of which is then replaced by a truncated circular cone. The dimensions of the single-coil sweep (Fig. 4, c) are determined by the formulas:
Snowplow from household equipment. what are the advantages?
Many owners of agricultural machines often think about converting their equipment into snowplowing machines. In this case, the main problem lies in ignorance of the procedure and fear of disabling the existing equipment. However, in practice it turns out that all fears were simply meaningless, because to make their own hands snowplow under the force of absolutely everyone. over, the new owner of a homemade machine gets several important advantages:
- A self-made machine is much easier to operate and maintain than a purchased model;
- The snow blower consumes much less fuel compared to store-bought counterparts from well-known manufacturers;
- Homemade snow blowers are much lighter and smaller than a store-bought snow blower.
A big plus is the short time it takes to make a snow blower. After spending about half a day, you get a reliable unit that will allow you to quickly remove snow without much physical effort.