Making a plow for a power tiller yourself has certain advantages. The parameters of the ploughshare and mouldboard will meet all the requirements for the treatment of a particular type of soil. Such parameters include:
Considering the power of the power tiller, you can make a plow that will not cause excessive loads on the engine and slippage, but at the same time will have a maximum grip. Only quality materials should be used, which will significantly increase the service life of the plow. You can also provide for the attachment of various attachments, which will significantly expand the functionality, so that a full range of land treatment will be possible.
How to make it with your own hands?
In performing its functions, a hitch for a power tiller will carry heavy loads, which means that it is necessary to observe the recommended strength and dimensional parameters of all components of the assembly.
Then the following hitch features will be provided:
- The guarantee of a firm attachment to your power tiller;
- the attachment to the attached implements;
- guarantee of the declared operational properties of the product;
- affordable price;
- quality, long service life.
When selecting a modification, it is necessary to check the dimensions, pulling-trailer device (towbar) of the power tiller and attachments (harrow, trailer, plow and others).
The job of the specialist is to ensure that the components are absolutely compatible, easy to use and can be quickly adjusted to the specific task.
The U-shaped hitch is the main component of the multifunctional hitch. Through the holes on one side, it is fixed to the motorized machine by means of pins, on the second side, the rack of the required attachment equipment is attached to the cladding of the device.
Tools, materials and equipment required
There is a certain set of tools that are needed to create a hitch. Basically, everything that is needed to assemble such elements is available in the household of everyone who cultivates his own plot of land.
You will need these tools:
- angle grinder;
- An electric drill or a drilling machine;
- measuring tools: angle, tape measure, ruler;
- apparatus for welding;
- A set of wrenches;
- fasteners (studs, bolts).
It should be noted that in this situation, it is extremely important that the holes that will be drilled in the part, exactly coincide with the studs and bolts. The gap in diameter is not necessary, because it will reduce the period of work of the used trailers and canopies.
At the same time, during the work, it is important to first make the smallest holes in the element (from 5 millimeters), and then to drill with bigger drills (up to 12-16 millimeters, according to the diameter of the bolts). This method forces and simplifies this part of the work, while allowing you to measure the holes very correctly. To create the frame you can use the channel of suitable size, and if it is absent, you can collect the element from an iron sheet.
The little boy driving power tiller Skill | Unskill Driver Power Tiller LIVE Power Tiller Accident
Very practical modification of the adjustable coupling. such a design will give the opportunity to link attachments of different generations, classes and brands. Despite the fact that during the current period such a design is not in demand, we should not forget that in the economy will gradually appear different devices, and the ability to easily aggregate each of them will seriously increase the choice, giving the opportunity to proceed only from the necessary functional features of equipment.
Assembly of the coupling device for motor vehicles by own forces involves the use of drawing materials. There are many different options, but it is better to take as the basis the most suitable and adjust, taking into account the characteristics of your own equipment.
The drawing should reflect the following elements:
- 2 U-shaped parts, equal in all characteristics, but with a different number of holes. the first 6, the second 8;
- a housing with 2 threads of diameter M12 and M16 and equipped with a mounting structure for securing it to one of the machines
- adjustment element. a handle placed on the body of the element, its structure includes a screw connected to the holder and for comfort having a handle (it is important to calculate the exact direction of the holder. only up or down and so that it does not interfere with the operation of motor vehicles).
Because power tillers under any conditions involve coupling with the coupling, the details of the location of the connection can be found in his present instructions.
Step by step guide
To make a multifunctional connection, you need a very smooth surface. a special work table. Plan for the manufacture of a coupling device for power tiller is as follows.
- Make a marking according to the drawing: mark the outlines of the elements on the workpiece.
- Use an electric drill or boring machine to make the holes as marked. Check for correctness by means of a caliper and the pin (bolt) with which it will be secured. Make sure the hole is of a suitable diameter so that there is no play and the fasteners do not jam.
- Weld joints. Use electric arc welding, which allows for heating only in the areas of connections without any damage to the functional properties of steel.
- Assemble the component. Bolt the bracket to the channel. If there is an adjustment tool in the design, secure it as well.
The fasteners for attaching the fifth-wheel coupling to the single axle tractor through the hole in the subassemblies must be of the same quality and strength as the coupling itself.
Recall again that the part is made in order to make the versatility of the power tiller to the maximum. Any hitch or hitch that is ideally suited to your tractor can be comfortably and efficiently used for a long time with all kinds of implements, including: an adapter, ridgers, harrow, plow, trailer, all kinds of mowers, potato planter and any other attachments.
Installation of attachments on a single-axle tractor with a hitch
Attaching the attachment is simply a matter of aligning the holes and securing the elements with pins and bolts. During operation, the position of the hitch can be adjusted with bolts in the radius holes. First tighten the threaded connections between the drawbar hitch and the tow bar of the power harvester. Then the hitch is installed.
Make final adjustments before work. After loosening the adjusting bolts, find the optimal position of the attachment and tighten the nuts with wrenches. In the process of cultivating the land it is sometimes necessary to make two or more passes over the plot with different hitch settings. The coupler, made by your own hands, allows you to optimize the work on all indicators. Saves time, reduces labor intensity, and increases productivity.
Hitch coated with a metal paint or rust-preventive coating lasts considerably longer.
Weights are used to give more weight to the construction. This is necessary when the equipment “jumps” the soil and works intermittently.
Weights can be used both for the power tiller and for its accessories.
Weights for the Neva power tiller
The official manufacturer offers to buy weighting on his site. There are two types of them.
The first ones are made in the form of disks; they are designed to weigh the wheels or axle of a power tiller. The discs improve the soil-grasping properties, the weight of one disc is 10 kg.
The second are made in the form of a cylinder, which is attached only to the pin of the power tiller. Thus weighing its frame, the weight of one such cylinder is 17 kg.
But you don’t have to buy a weighting device right away. After all, it’s not an attachment. Its task is to weight a structure. Maybe you just have a cinder block, metal dumbbell or something else weighing about 10kg at home? So just hang it on a single axle tractor and the result will be the same.
But these manipulations have to be done correctly, otherwise there is a great risk of the weight cannula coming off the pin and injuring the user.
Here are some from the forums about weights.
“It’s been a longstanding problem that when working on hard ground, the single axle tractor doesn’t hit the ground, but skips over, even with the tractor hitch. After surfing the forums, I found a solution: just weight it down. I did not buy a new one, but built it myself from scrap metal. The effect is stunning. Now I work very smoothly”
“During the operation of the cutter was noticed a problem, they did not bury in the ground, but skipped. So I decided to make them heavier. For this purpose, on the wheels hooked pancakes from the boom. I had some left over from my younger days. I noticed the effect straight away.
How to make a disk plough on a single axle tractor?
The disc plow-tiller is a very useful device that allows you to prepare even furrows for planting potatoes and other tuber crops. Before proceeding to make such a plow, study the drawings. On them you can control the course of the assembly and avoid mistakes. The procedure for making a disc plow on a single-axle tractor is as follows:
- The plough has a support angle as its base. To make it, use an equilateral angle, the shelves of which in the cold state should converge at an angle of 70°;
- Weld a sock to the angle. After that, weld the heel through the stop bar;
- Fix the slats to the support bracket with straps. Set the distance between the corner and the jaws so that when the jaws are open the end faces of the jaws do not touch each other;
- Weld the swivel mechanism to the stop angle so that the support part of the mechanism is perpendicular to the angle.
Finally adjust the plough’s jaws. To do this, fix each of them in a vice and adjust so that they end up bent in the opposite direction from each other.
Reverse plow for power tiller: making at home
Reversible (reversible) plow to a motor-block is externally characterized by its curved shape, which contributes to the overturning by 1800 of the top layer of soil. It is very popular on hard soils, where conventional ripping does not yield the expected result. Its device is the most complicated among other varieties.
A universal version of the reversible (reversible) plow is shown in the figure.
Detailed dimensioning of the structural elements is made on the drawing.
For its invention it is necessary to make (designations according to the drawing):
- ploughshares (a) in steel version. It is desirable that they are removable for possible sharpening or modernization. The cutting part is machined on an anvil and sharpened. The lower one is designed to plunge into the soil, the upper one overturns the cut layer. Strengthen the strength of the latter with an angle welded to it;
- form the moldboard, and there are several ways to do this. according to one of these, take a steel tube of no more than 6 cm in diameter, to which a piece of cardboard is attached. There should be about 20 0 between the pipe and the stencil;
- the side of the stand (b);
- a plate for the strut (c);
- the base of the product (d);
- angle piece (e);
- rack (f).
The scheme shows the sequence of assembly of a rotary plow, where 1. ploughshare, 2. side part of the stand and 3. auxiliary sheet.
A variation of standard reversible plough is a rotary plough Zykov, which is distinguished by reinforcement of ploughshares with steel billets on bolt couplers and a large angle of attack. With additional wheel you can achieve stability of the structure.
It is highlighted in yellow in the suggested drawing.
Blueprints for a motor-block hitch
Let’s look at the drawing of a universal coupling for the following types of power tillers: “Pubert Quatro”, “Honda”, “AGRO”, “Oka”, “Kaskad”, “MB-90”, “Neva”, “FAVORIT”, “Salyut”.
General purpose coupling hitch is designed for coupling one- or two-row attachments to the tractor: digger, plough, one- or two-row duckbill, etc.
Mounting the hitch on a single axle tractor
The coupling bracket is mounted on the power tiller bracket and secured with pins. It is desirable to make fixation of the coupling bracket with spacing bolts M12x60, in spite of the frame of the power tiller.
How to attach the tool to the drawbar
On the bracket of the implement stand you need to install the detachable hitch axle. Insert an M16 threaded axle into the hole in the hitch body and put a screw in this thread. Align the holes for the M16x40 bolt on the stand and the hitch body. Then mount the connection with the M12 nut and M12x40 bolt.
Advice for your work
The implements are set and adjusted individually depending on the type of soil and power of the power tiller. Special hitch design can be adjusted in different ranges. Using the initial settings, set the radius slots of the hitch to zero transverse angle, and secure with an M12 nut and M12 bolt. Also set the minimum longitudinal angle of engagement. The first 3-5 meters of movement carefully observe how the single-axle tractor works with the implement.
If you need to deepen or raise the implement, stop the tractor unit and turn the crank to adjust the implement. After that you can continue driving and assess how a single-axle tractor with an implement works. Also, if it is necessary to adjust the transverse angle of the grip, the M12 nuts and M12 bolts must be loosened.
Then correct the angle in the desired direction, and tighten the nuts and bolts. Tighten all screw connections before starting work. Clean and lubricate threaded joints daily after work on the ground is complete. Use Lithol 24 for this.
Purpose and characteristics
The hitch to the power tiller is designed to hang (connect) to the power tiller additional tools and mechanisms. okrawners, tillers, trailer, cart and so on. The coupling must provide a secure connection and not limit the maneuverability of the machine. There are several types of coupling devices.
- Hitch for APM adapter. Assignment. coupling of ploughs, ridgers, and potato shovels to the body of a power tiller. Fastening is carried out by only three fixing screws. Mainly used on Neva power tillers.
- Universal. There is a possibility of adjusting the angle of linkage by means of a special mechanism on the bolts. Also design allows you to attach two or more couplings. to fix several working mechanisms.
- Universal H. Improved version of the previous hitch. Tilt adjustment possibility added, not only in horizontal but also in vertical planes, as well as the depth of working elements embedding into ground.
- Linkage MK. made specially for their mowing head “ON-2” and plow “Mole”.
Note that the dimensions of couplings depend a lot on the models of power tillers, for which they are designed. Universal couplings perfectly fit the “Neva”, “MTZ”, “Salut”, “Farmer”, “Champion” and other power tillers. For example, a universal hitch “Russia” has dimensions of 320×120 mm, weight 4,17 kg, suitable for power tillers “Salut”, “Agat”, “Celina MB-501”, “Ugra. Coupling unit for the new model of Agros power tillers has dimensions of 430x120x130 mm and weight of 3.8 kg. The dimensions of the coupling device for the models “Favorit” and “ZID” are 490x135x250 mm and weigh about 7 kg.
For tractors made in China and Europe it is necessary to choose coupling devices carefully or make them by your own hands, as their dimensional standards are slightly different from the Russian and Belorussian sets. True, if you buy a single-axle tractor from an authorized dealer, couplings often come with the tractor unit. For German-made Shtenli power tillers the hitch is almost always supplied with the machine, so there is no need to select or manufacture it additionally.
Rules of mounting and operating the equipment on a single axle tractor
To install the hitch, you need to put the bracket of the hitch itself on the power tiller bracket. According to the scheme, all this should be fixed with pins. It is not superfluous to fix the brackets with spacer bolts M12 to 60.
To attach an additional tool to the trailed implement, it is necessary to install the axle to the bracket of the tool post. In the hole in the housing of this clutch you must insert the installed axle. It should have an M16 thread, so you can screw a screw into it without any problems. After aligning the holes with the bolt and nut, you can get to work.